Significant other hates your poker obsession and you don't know what to do???

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well then that makes 2 of us!!! Lol

Post any advice you have. Unless it includes not playing poker anymore lol.

Story of my life. I met my current wife when I was playing poker for a living. She decided to become a dealer so that she could see me more often, but she got tired of that after a while. I quit playing for a while, went to law school and built a law practice, while playing poker here and there along the way. Now, I play a little more frequently when I have the chance, and we have been able to negotiate a happy medium. I think the important thing is to find things that she likes to do and when she is doing that, you play poker. That seems to work for us.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha Ha Ha... well my hubby doesn't hate it, but sometimes he complains I'm playing all the time. :) LOL not true, I say, compared to people who really play all the time. I agree the important thing is your partner has stuff they like to do while you are playing poker and they don't depend on you for attention 24/7. I'm actually very lucky cause hubby likes to play the guitar, so he plays that and I play poker.

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker live was a big part our relationship early on. I started playing online when she was in grad school. She plays an occasional DON every few months. I enjoy SNG and MTT's so I like to play minimum three hour sessions. I typically schedule those when my wife has evening meetings. But I need to be flexible. Sometimes those meetings get cancelled.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After winning some tournaments, my wife got a lot better at being ok with my playing poker.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the other half hates poker, then there must be a reason. A person can't hate something for no reason. Try talking to her. Your obsession may interfere with your relationship. Maybe your favorite is simply not enough attention and she is jealous of you for poker. Obsession is a bad thing. Try to distribute Your time equally.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I would recommend is that you try to improve on what is really the basis of the question, I don't think it's just because you play poker. Many times it can be due to the time spent ... The best thing is that you create a routine! That is my humble advice, I do not know what your case is but maybe it can be of help! Regards!

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I spend a lot of time playing, my wife is uncomfortable.
I try to organize my schedules well so that my game does not interfere with any commitment.
This way, well organized, I decrease the chances of other people being dissatisfied with my hours playing poker.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tastes are my tastes, if others do not like it, it is not my problem :cool:

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre. did you get into poker after meeting them? if not, seems like a thing to iron out first...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
People who are obsessed don't listen to any advice other than their own, so what are you going to do?

Looks like he lost the obsession :confused:

Last seen Dec.2019 (this thread is from June 2019)

Attachments

• last seen dec.2019.png
    last seen dec.2019.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 16
  • she made him do it.jpg
    she made him do it.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 16
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The answer is pretty simple...

Attachments

• do anything for you.jpg
    do anything for you.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 12
F

Fredski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not alone

maybe try and play less. Me too my girlfriend thinks i play too much. i reduced my playing. we'll see

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid spending more than you can afford and don't tell her lol.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Try to attach to poker, if it does not work then break up.
If your other half does not share your interests, then it is not your other half, it is obvious, everything is logical and simple.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You need a balance between playing poker and family if you are not a professional poker player.No one shares my interest in poker in my family either. I try to play in my free time, or to combine household chores at the same time as playing.