Should Sunglasses Be Banned from Live Poker?

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In your blog, Doyle Brunson:"I had already said it for some time, the ban will be more a way to prevent cheating because any marked card is easier to see with glasses,".

I think there is nothing to do, because if it were so every final table would only have players with sunglasses

C

Clint Dohrman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sunglasses are no biggie, ban for what? all u have to do is outplay your opponent

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I don't have a consistently strong "game face." So I like to keep my options open. You have to keep every advantage that you can in poker.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For many, sunglasses are anti-allergen.
Why should they be banned?

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we should all be open faced, hatles and hoodieless.
Seems like their trying to hide something. :p

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not sure its the goo thing to do . Maybe put a max time of each time a hand is played maybe more effective for the game. Anyway when someone putt is sunglass first of all he want to no show something. So sunglass on be more observer for my part. but dont change my game anyway

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This are for newbie guys. The sharks always play without shields lol

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each one probably has their own paradigm in that regard. Maybe sometimes they put many hours into it and don't want to appear they are tired or weary, others, a trademark of their uniqueness. For some others, maybe migraines or headaches. One can only tell. I remember when I played a few live games with them bc I seen them being used on TV. Didn't really help much. Had they did, I would have been more superstitious and used them. They actually worsened my play bc my eyes would feel more strained and tired.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the big advantage of the table wearing sunglasses is an exaggeration.

200.webp

I'm not sure if it's an exaggeration or not but I like that they are allowed. Ask an FBI investigator if you can wear your favorite pair of shades when he asks you questions and see how that goes over--clearly, they can hide reactions (tells).

Claude Chiasson

Claude Chiasson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, some people have trouble with the light (eye sensitive), some have no poker face so sunglasses help them.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely not.Everyone should come as they like.The outfits give some info.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't bother me. I feel people should wear what they want.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, unless technology manages to turn them into live HUD's then maybe.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion if they would have to be banned, I think that players should not use them, it is something that has nothing to do at a table I think they try to play the same way online where they know that nobody watches them, osea sunglasses Are for the outdoor sun not at a poker table in a closed area

FeRRi0

FeRRi0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, thats all about players personal skills in poker, not about sunglasses.
So - absolutely no problem, anyone can come as he like! Mb someone need sunglasses to feel himself itself cool :cool:

V

Valent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that sunglasses :cool: can give you only modest edge. But poker is game of accumulating small scraps here and there to get greater of your adversary, so small edge might be sometimes quite to win. As for social aspect, completely agree. I go to play live poker for different experience. I can play against "faceless persons" at a comfort of my home.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think sunglasses can give some1 a advantage,ofcurse if you dont tihink all day..why is he wearing sunglasses...than he will have a mental advantage cuz your not focussing on the right things.No point to ban them unless there a hiden A they cant change the way the cards show.Focus on your game a good live player would laugh when will re-raise your AT with a wierd 23 and youll put him on AA with out even thinking that he may bluff:)

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem

I see no problem with a player wearing sunglasses.

Mike

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but only online.
Daniel Negreanu first called for the abolition of sunglasses. Why he can not sit still?
I first called for the abolition of players who tell us what to wear.
I dont think sunglasses can give some1 a advantage
Maybe you just don't know something?

By the way, I never wear sunglasses. I prefer helmets.

Last edited:
vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that with the exception of the places that there is a clear intention to cheat, it does not have problems. If you think wearing sunglasses gives you a great advantage, use one as well.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not pay much attention to the rival's glasses or not, and I do not wear glasses myself

Organize a Home Poker Game