Should Sunglasses Be Banned from Live Poker?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sun glasses in my opinion are just used for table image, some ppl are uncomfortable with other players looking them in the eye so they used sun glasses whereas some ppl just used them as it help to portray a desired image when at the table. In the case with the sun glasses that allow you to see marks on the cards i think i it is just those particular cards that the guy in the vid used

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
necessary to wear sunglasses for marathon sessions

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as players won't cheat with special types of glasses, they are fine to me. I never used sunglasses on a poker table but players with sunglasses look kinda intimidating.
Maybe I should give it a try. lol

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care what glasses or without them.

D

Docriver1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Banning sunglasses makes any sense doesn't matter what you wear on how you play cards but I do believe that glasses hide some tells that would otherwise be noticed

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
people who can not control their emotions sunglasses quite useful !!! Pupils of the eyes - one of the sources of information that allows us to know what a man feels. The pupils of the eyes dilate and constrict, and this process is almost independent of the person. I have nothing against the sunglasses at the table))))

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldnt wear sun glasses ever at the table and see no problem letting those that do wear them continue to do so.there are way more tells that can be picked up by watching the mannerisms of your opponents whilst playing.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not get to play with scammers and the whole problem.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure that the glasses somehow can help in the game. I'd rather be banned programs that use the online players

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think its a personal decision to wear or not to wear so I would say no to the ban

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure that the glasses somehow can help in the game. I'd rather be banned programs that use the online players

How to prevent online?

Then why do you play poker.
I don't understand you and then why are you in this chat.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My humble opinion: do not ban glasses. Don't see any sense in this.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My humble opinion: do not ban glasses. Don't see any sense in this.

Agreed.. They've always been allowed.

I honestly don't believe they provide any advantage, and don't usually opt to wear them myself.

However, let the people who want to wear them, wear them. Next it'll be scarfs, hats, etc, getting called into question.

Just silly..

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If someone prefers to wear them, I don't see any issue with it.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We don't need any more rules in poker. Let people wear sunglasses, hats and headphones. Lets not take the personality and fun out of poker like everything else.

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play best hand so no glasses needed hehe

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu first called for the abolition of sunglasses. Why he can not sit still?

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care, the opponent in glasses or without them. You can draw conclusions about how he plays, not watching his eyes.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't wear sunglasses at the table but banning sunglasses doesn't seem like a good idea. It starts off with one thing like sunglasses and then someone doesn't like people wearing hoodies or hats, next thing you know there's a dress code. You can see that type of thing already happening with speech play. It started off with things like you can't tell your opponents your hand and you couldn't suggest action. These are good rules meant to limit collusion. But they've morphed into limiting a player ability to talk during a hand, even though you are within the rules there will people who don't like you talking and constantly call the floor. Example Will Kassuof at the main event, weather or not you like him he wasn't breaking the rules and keep being told he couldn't talk to his opponents just because they complained

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like the will kassuofs, tony g's hellmuths, etc.. as much as i don't like the hoodie/glasses guy.. i think a player should wear what he wants long as it isn't absurd.

Organize a Home Poker Game