Should I go all for SitnGo or all ring games ?

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally i believe that the real money are at cash table. when i first started making money ok pokerstars from freerols i started playing sngs and mtt, with 1$ buy in, i used to kinda break even, first time i tried cash games i lost, tryed again cash and lost again, and again and again, and in sngs and mtt i was making a really small profit, about 6 months of playing sngs and mtt i won about 15$.

tryed once more cash game, the pesky 2nl, tried something new, no limping, more tables at once, play really tight and really aggressive when i have something, found out it works pretty good for me.

btw i want to add that i play 200k playchips buy in, the level is pretty good, players are not that bad, most of them are better than the ones you find at 1$-2$ buyins, i wouldnt go as far as 10$.

forsakenone ,, This is the kinda reply i was looking for . real life example !!!! Alot of people are to lazy or don't want to give up what they had to work for . But your very care free and sharing.. I want to deeply thank you for sharing your expirience . This really helps me in deciding how to go about it.. Thanks again !
Tony

L

LOVEANGEL1212

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like someone else to chime in on the Ring Games vs. SnG's situation.
P.gif

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The play money (even high) sng's are absolutely nothing like the $10's and $20's and you will learn absolutely nothing playing them. The only reason to play them is if you know nothing about how the game works and have never played a sng before in your life. Then I would suggest playing just a few to learn how the game goes. It would be horrible for your game to continue to play them after that. Shame on anyone who said the games are anywhere near the same. :eek: :(

What is your bankroll?

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The play money (even high) sng's are absolutely nothing like the $10's and $20's and you will learn absolutely nothing playing them. The only reason to play them is if you know nothing about how the game works and have never played a sng before in your life. Then I would suggest playing just a few to learn how the game goes. It would be horrible for your game to continue to play them after that. Shame on anyone who said the games are anywhere near the same. :eek: :(

What is your bankroll?
600.00 as of today

Well the people where specifically talking about 200,000 play money buy in sit n go's .. have you ever seen or played in a 200,000 play money sit n go ? Just wanted to ask so that i am 100 % sure about what your saying ?
Thanks for your time.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
600.00 as of today

Well the people where specifically talking about 200,000 play money buy in sit n go's .. have you ever seen or played in a 200,000 play money sit n go ? Just wanted to ask so that i am 100 % sure about what your saying ?
Thanks for your time.

I am teaching a young person how to play - meaning gaining the basic rules of play etc and he plays play money games. He is 8 years old and can beat them at various levels. :)

Play money sng's at any level is a waste of your time.

Your bankroll is probably enough to play $11's - nowhere near enough to play $22's. But because you have been playing play money I strongly recommend that you start at the $3.30 or $5.50's.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

What is your bankroll?

perhaps the member who suggested that the 'high' play money SNG's were very similiar in play to the $10 & $20 sng's really sees them as being very similiar??? (Maybe there's alot they don't or can't see going on in the game?).

"Just wanted to ask so that i am 100 % sure about what your saying ?"

.... pretty sure that the site's admin. isn't going to bullshit you.

I'll second (or tenth it... or whatever)... Play Money = real bad play (there's nothing to really at stake to lose... so what some playchips??). In $10 sngs you will often come across a bunch of very good players on your table (if you happen to be playing on Fulltilt.... play is softer on most other sites). It's not always the case (ie. especially on the weekends, alot of really bad players) but very often there'll be at least 2 or 3 good players, a few pretty good players and a couple of weak or over-aggro-balls (<< monster spewers playing with mindless aggression).

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that you should go with the SNG's because they are very profitable if you are successful in winning most the tourney you participate in. Ring games are fun but i'm terrible at them because I don't know when to get up and leave when everything is going bad, or leave when I doubled or tripled my BR. Well what ever you decide to do best of luck and hope all goes well. :)

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
perhaps the member who suggested that the 'high' play money SNG's were very similiar in play to the $10 & $20 sng's really sees them as being very similiar??? (Maybe there's alot they don't or can't see going on in the game?).

"Just wanted to ask so that i am 100 % sure about what your saying ?"

.... pretty sure that the site's admin. isn't going to bullshit you.

I'll second (or tenth it... or whatever)... Play Money = real bad play (there's nothing to really at stake to lose... so what some playchips??). In $10 sngs you will often come across a bunch of very good players on your table (if you happen to be playing on Fulltilt.... play is softer on most other sites). It's not always the case (ie. especially on the weekends, alot of really bad players) but very often there'll be at least 2 or 3 good players, a few pretty good players and a couple of weak or over-aggro-balls (<< monster spewers playing with mindless aggression).

didn't mean I thought she was bullshitting me . She didn't say if she had played the 200,000 play money sit n go's and i don't care how much knowledge you have , if you haven't expirienced it you don't know..Thats in life in general ... To tell me you think I think she is bullshitting me is hilarious , thanks for the laugh though :) she gave me very good information , I still haven't got my question if she had played 200,000 play money sit n go's (like when she first started playing online ) kind of a good question to ask eh ?)

Thanks for the heads up about fulltilt !

Last edited:
Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should go with the SNG's because they are very profitable if you are successful in winning most the tourney you participate in. Ring games are fun but i'm terrible at them because I don't know when to get up and leave when everything is going bad, or leave when I doubled or tripled my BR. Well what ever you decide to do best of luck and hope all goes well. :)

I did one session of ring today and 5 sit go's ... Gosh i felt to strong in sit n gos .. Like your saying i didn't know where I was at today in ring games lol..

Thanks for your kind words !!!

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am teaching a young person how to play - meaning gaining the basic rules of play etc and he plays play money games. He is 8 years old and can beat them at various levels. :)

Play money sng's at any level is a waste of your time.

Your bankroll is probably enough to play $11's - nowhere near enough to play $22's. But because you have been playing play money I strongly recommend that you start at the $3.30 or $5.50's.

Thanks for recommending me for the 3.30 or 5.50 .. I just won a 5.50 and I am playing 3.30s ... I fit in good with this for now...

N

Nukking Futs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the double or nothings can be good the only problem is many people play them really tight. I think you can do good in the regular 9 player SNGs they play like normal and people will play loose in the begining trying to double up.

I think the Cash games can be good by i play with a rule that once I double or triple up i cash out and go to a different table to preserve my profits for the day. I also find quiting while I am ahead in a cash game to be good as well. hope this helps.

If you play FT you can do the super turbos SNG quick and easy money

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the double or nothings can be good the only problem is many people play them really tight. I think you can do good in the regular 9 player SNGs they play like normal and people will play loose in the begining trying to double up.

I think the Cash games can be good by i play with a rule that once I double or triple up i cash out and go to a different table to preserve my profits for the day. I also find quiting while I am ahead in a cash game to be good as well. hope this helps.

If you play FT you can do the super turbos SNG quick and easy money

Thanks for the cash game info .. I was talking to a silver star player at a cash game and he was saying that the 10 on up double or nothing sit n gos are all filled with the same people ! I wonder if that can be a negative thing for an outsider like me ?

Tenessee123

Tenessee123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is why limit yourself to one or the other? I think the ring games offer a chance offer a chance of higher return, but SnG's limit your liability. Why not play both?

I agree try both, dont just limit yourself to one or the other.

Top 10 Games