short deck holdem

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since i have posted this, i have lost a bit getting used to the format... not so much the different hand winning structure, but what are strong whole cards to even begin with... i have noticed a couple guys killing it day in and day out on the cash tables though. so there is money to be made if your learning curve is quicker than the next guys, i suppose.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I would stick to the original "long deck" style of play. Messing with the cards just seems wrong to a traditionalist like myself. However I do like the speed of the game like turbo and hyper. I was not a fan of what full tilt did were you were instantly given another hand. I forget what that was called. Anyone know?

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck

I haven't played yet. It does appear that luck is the predominant feature as all hands are closer to a coin flip. This doesn't sound like fun to me.

i haven't seen that. it just simplifies a card deck that is designed to play millions of other games... but you do have to understand that people aren't going into anything with 5-less whole...

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do! I've enjoyed watching it on Triton Super High Roller series, and the $10k event that was at Poker Masters. Definitely an interesting game. Pretty cool how a hand like 10 9 suited isn't a big dog against Aces!

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I am the ACR Rep. Just for you to know, this feature is now available at our site, if you'd like to know how to play, please click here for further details and information.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to trying something new. Hey you know I have a game I made up you guys might want to try on your site. It's called Wicked Crazy Pineapple. You get dealt four cards. You throw away one card before the flop and one card after the flop. Then it plays out like Texas hold'em. Think about it, you guys can be the first kids on the block with a new hip game.
PS I'm currently accepting donations to my poker account for my pissa ideas.
Chief talking bull

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played it but I am investigating the one to know more the little that sounds interesting:confused:

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I apologize for the long waiting. Unfortunately, the mobile version is still under development. That´s why it doesn´t have most of the features we offer. Maybe I can help you to install it on your computer, what operating system do you have?

i have Windows xp i have old computer....i cant install youngest Windows version :(

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We've played a few home games just for fun to try to figure out the game. The biggest thing we found was the pots just got crazy to start with because everyone was valuing their hand as if it were still a full deck. We had one hand in our first game, first level, where all the chips went in and the A high flush lost to quads. Everyone was like "whoa, that's nuts"... it's not. It's happened like 5 times since. As we've played we've realized that although the game generates more action, straights and flushes are not nearly as pretty as they are in full deck poker if the board pairs (which it does a lot more often), so people are more circumspect with these hands.

All in all everyone enjoyed it, but when we play for money, we prefer the traditional full deck version.

L

LILBIGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i never heard about. but it sounds very good and i would like to try it

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short deck poker is not new. I remember that my dad used to show me how to play poker with a 32 card deck (2 to 6 removed). That was many decades ago. Of course back then it was draw poker.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not tried to play, but I think there is a completely different poker turns out, I do not want to break my game, I will play regular poker.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We've played a few home games just for fun to try to figure out the game. The biggest thing we found was the pots just got crazy to start with because everyone was valuing their hand as if it were still a full deck. We had one hand in our first game, first level, where all the chips went in and the A high flush lost to quads. Everyone was like "whoa, that's nuts"... it's not. It's happened like 5 times since. As we've played we've realized that although the game generates more action, straights and flushes are not nearly as pretty as they are in full deck poker if the board pairs (which it does a lot more often), so people are more circumspect with these hands.

All in all everyone enjoyed it, but when we play for money, we prefer the traditional full deck version.

i feel like that is what can be exploited early on, on acr. but, to be fair, i do like how acr makes it SUPER obvious that you are in a different game, it would be wrong if people actually thought they were playing normal holdem:idea:

M

macksam1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
short deck poker

I have played a few small buy in short deck tournaments at' Playground Poker room in Montreal . I love it . However i am having a difficult time refining my stratagy. There doesn t seem to be much out there yet in terms of strategy.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been watching the youtube videos and it seems interesting. Not quite ready to play yet. I have been trying to get some practice in the ACR play money room but no one every comes to the table. Feel free to swing by so we can get some practice.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love it.

The rules are different making it a different game and I'm trying to make proper adjustments.

Good luck !

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite being a modality that I have not played yet I have watched many videos about it, especially in high stakes. I find quite interesting the dynamics of the game and undoubtedly seems to contain much more action because several cards are drawn from the common deck. The cool thing is that the flush in this mode is worth more than a full house, deferente of NLH and Omaha. I believe that the game will become a trend very soon and for those who do not have the patience to wait many hands to see a flop I believe to be ideal by the very structure of the game itself.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particulary never played, I would like to know what this is like.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind it, but the big question is will it become the "next big thing" in poker? I have seen many variants try this, but not even PLO has taken over mainstream poker. I think Live and Online series will start adding it to the schedule, but I don't think it will ever become mainstream. No Main Event of Short Deck :)

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules