Share Your Books, Videos, Articles, Forum Posts

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 to PO, if you want to go through poker hands then get "winning poker tournaments 1 hand a at time". its much more recent and much more effective. i ignored PO and read part 3 and regretted it

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey man my apologize, i didnt realise till someone had mentioned that i asked earlier and it wouldnt be apropriate, so sry. i made an announcement on this thread right after taking it back n i just felt really wrong bout it. and now even more i apologize man. How much is the book??? and can i geta hard copy??? also how would i go about paying for it??? again sry bout that. hopefull i hear back from yah soon. Thanks

Ps allthough i am new around here i would love to have the opportunity to take the time and be able to be privilaged to write a review on your book. as i mentiond before ive herd so much great about it :) and i know ur the author once i seen your post lol. (i think i been to your site)

thanks for taking the time to post here really apreciate it, and some1 like yourself must have read and seen some great vids, any links you can share with your experience??? mayb some books as well??? im sure wed love to be able to know what you have went through to get to where you are tday and from what i have noticed around here everyone loves to hear others insight on whatever the topic might be :) so if u can find the time i would really apreciate this. Thanks alot.

Ya no problem man and I know you didn't mean any harm with it. You can find out more about my book on my website, link in my sig. No hard copy available. It comes with pdf, mobi (for kindle), and epub (ipad etc).

As for what I recommend, I haven't actually read that many books. Theory of Poker (Sklansky) was the first book that I ever read. I think it is about limit poker and you won't find much relevant strategy for today's games. However, it got me to think about the game correctly and I have loosely built much of my strategy off of those core principles over the years.

The only other two books that I really liked (and like I said I haven't read that many others so this is not a dig at anything else) were Ace on the River and Treat your Poker Like a Business. Greenstein and Schmidt respectively. Neither of these books really deal with much strategy either but moreso how to manage your life as a poker pro from a live and online perspective. Both authors are prolific winners who stand the test of time as well. I am very picky about that.

Training videos have helped me a lot over the years with strategy. I have been a member or at least done the trial on almost every major training site. I learned a lot in the early days of training sites from Cardrunners pros like Green Plastic (Taylor Caby) and Brian Townshend. After that I navigated more towards the now defunct Stox poker and watched countless Leatherass (Dusty Schmidt) videos along with Matt Bolt and a few others. Jared Tendler as well for the mental game side and even working with him a bit.

I should mention forums as well, mostly 2+2. Although that forum is a bit muddled these days with noise versus quality of discussion due to it being so huge now if you know whose posts to look for in the strategy sections it is still an extremely valuable resource.

All and all though, just playing the game has been the biggest factor for me. I think people have a tendency to over study a bit these days.

@BlackRain79
also JW how did you find out about me asking around bout it???

I do post here a fair bit and I am an author as well so I am always curious what people are reading, what the trends are etc.

Last edited:
Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya no problem man and I know you didn't mean any harm with it. You can find out more about my book on my website, link in my sig. No hard copy available. It comes with pdf, mobi (for kindle), and epub (ipad etc).

As for what I recommend, I haven't actually read that many books. Theory of Poker (Sklansky) was the first book that I ever read. I think it is about limit poker and you won't find much relevant strategy for today's games. However, it got me to think about the game correctly and I have loosely built much of my strategy off of those core principles over the years.

The only other two books that I really liked (and like I said I haven't read that many others so this is not a dig at anything else) were Ace on the River and Treat your Poker Like a Business. Greenstein and Schmidt respectively. Neither of these books really deal with much strategy either but moreso how to manage your life as a poker pro from a live and online perspective. Both authors are prolific winners who stand the test of time as well. I am very picky about that.

Training videos have helped me a lot over the years with strategy. I have been a member or at least done the trial on almost every major training site. I learned a lot in the early days of training sites from Cardrunners pros like Green Plastic (Taylor Caby) and Brian Townshend. After that I navigated more towards the now defunct Stox poker and watched countless Leatherass (Dusty Schmidt) videos along with Matt Bolt and a few others. Jared Tendler as well for the mental game side and even working with him a bit.

I should mention forums as well, mostly 2+2. Although that forum is a bit muddled these days with noise versus quality of discussion due to it being so huge now if you know whose posts to look for in the strategy sections it is still an extremely valuable resource.

All and all though, just playing the game has been the biggest factor for me. I think people have a tendency to over study a bit these days.

I do post here a fair bit and I am an author as well so I am always curious what people are reading, what the trends are etc.

hey, Thanks for the suggestions. i am curious will your book (seeing its a pdf) i should be able to place that on a tablet or even my mobile phone??? also how will i recieve it??? Would i be able to be privileged enough get a copy to write a review on it( as u mentioned b4).

Thanks alot for your time its greatly apreciated and i am looking forward to seeing all of your new posts. i rememberd that i have stumbled upon your blog, websit. and read how u havnt posted ina long time n u are in thiland and ended up browsing around it for a while. i believe it was through a link of some1 talking about how good the book was so i had to see what all the hype was about.
I really love your post on TILT. just something that everyone goes through well i guess some really can control their emotions while others are just really effected by the game. Thats what made me bookmark your website, u have a way with your words and u had really caught a grasp on my attention when i had read it.

So Thanks for everything n keep at it, from what i see and now been informed about, u are really making a mark throughout the online poker community n thats just great. Take care and happy Grinding:).

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey, Thanks for the suggestions. i am curious will your book (seeing its a pdf) i should be able to place that on a tablet or even my mobile phone??? also how will i recieve it??? Would i be able to be privileged enough get a copy to write a review on it( as u mentioned b4).

Thanks alot for your time its greatly apreciated and i am looking forward to seeing all of your new posts. i rememberd that i have stumbled upon your blog, websit. and read how u havnt posted ina long time n u are in thiland and ended up browsing around it for a while. i believe it was through a link of some1 talking about how good the book was so i had to see what all the hype was about.
I really love your post on TILT. just something that everyone goes through well i guess some really can control their emotions while others are just really effected by the game. Thats what made me bookmark your website, u have a way with your words and u had really caught a grasp on my attention when i had read it.

So Thanks for everything n keep at it, from what i see and now been informed about, u are really making a mark throughout the online poker community n thats just great. Take care and happy Grinding:).

Thanks, that is what I have tried to make my blog about for quite awhile now is just helping people. Sometimes I think I should stop making these hugely long articles because they honestly take a ton of time and there is very little benefit to me in them. But I do enjoy writing and I enjoy helping people. So I am glad that you like them.

Regarding the book, as I mentioned above it comes with all of the digital formats, pdf, mobi and epub. So yes you can put it on your tablet or phone. Epub for Ipads and other tablets. The epub also looks great on my Android phone. I use the FBReader app
The mobi looks great on Kindles.

As far as giving it away for free for reviews, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that as it has been out for nearly a year now. I did that when it first came out including probably half a dozen people on this forum. It has been well reviewed at this point though so I don't really do this anymore.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to go through poker hands then get "winning poker tournaments 1 hand a at time". its much more recent and much more effective.

I would certainly rate this one higher as a book than Vol 3

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, that is what I have tried to make my blog about for quite awhile now is just helping people. Sometimes I think I should stop making these hugely long articles because they honestly take a ton of time and there is very little benefit to me in them. But I do enjoy writing and I enjoy helping people. So I am glad that you like them.

Regarding the book, as I mentioned above it comes with all of the digital formats, pdf, mobi and epub. So yes you can put it on your tablet or phone. Epub for Ipads and other tablets. The epub also looks great on my Android phone. I use the FBReader app
The mobi looks great on Kindles.

As far as giving it away for free for reviews, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that as it has been out for nearly a year now. I did that when it first came out including probably half a dozen people on this forum. It has been well reviewed at this point though so I don't really do this anymore.

hey man your most welcome, and as for your blog just keep em coming i think that the ppl that do follow it, do it because of how usefull it is to them, its just alot ddifferent from any ive ever seen. most the time ppl are just updating whats goin n in there life, well yours is very usefull and u compare things from experience. i love it man. Oh and i had to ask lol who wouldnt have after yah tell them bout it lol. but thx alot.oh and one more quik quesion what if say my files were deleted and i bought it would i be able to download my file again???
thx for you time.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey man your most welcome, and as for your blog just keep em coming i think that the ppl that do follow it, do it because of how usefull it is to them, its just alot ddifferent from any ive ever seen. most the time ppl are just updating whats goin n in there life, well yours is very usefull and u compare things from experience. i love it man. Oh and i had to ask lol who wouldnt have after yah tell them bout it lol. but thx alot.oh and one more quik quesion what if say my files were deleted and i bought it would i be able to download my file again???
thx for you time.

Ya, I have had lots of people email me saying that they had to reformat or got a new computer etc. Some sort of proof of purchase, I send it to them no problem.

_EPG_

_EPG_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're looking for instructional videos, anything you'll find on youtube by searching "water boat poker" is gold. He covers some pretty advanced stuff, such as:

- How to play with 1BB
- Getting the table's attention
- Reverse twilighting
- How to effectively use avatars
- Advanced railbirding strategies

...and much, much more. Too much goodness to list in one post really. Yeahhhhh...

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey good to see some1 still has some input here
thanks. im cheking it out now.

_EPG_

_EPG_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't expect any "real" poker knowledge from those vids, but they're great for a laugh. Although I did crush a home game by reverse twilighting. Everyone was so confused when I open folded KK that they didn't know how to play the rest of the night.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
has anybody got the book 'Unleash Your Hidden Poker Memory
Bennett Onik'....

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't expect any "real" poker knowledge from those vids, but they're great for a laugh. Although I did crush a home game by reverse twilighting. Everyone was so confused when I open folded KK that they didn't know how to play the rest of the night.

lol Halarious,
whatd u do wait till hand was over then flip ur KK over.
I can just imagine there faces. whata jk. nice one.
but i dont think ill be doing ne reverse twilighting ne time soon.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anybody got the book 'Unleash Your Hidden Poker Memory
Bennett Onik'....

hey i tired googleing the book your looking for and the only thing i could find were links on flash cards. or links to amazon. sry couldnt have been more help.