****Salacious September Poker etc. Chat Thread****

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i-poker has improved drastically over the last few months. A few more little things, like autoreload and resizable tables.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any brits watch that episode of poker million? Was really good imo with full flush, tony g, vos and duthie actually providing a fair amount of lols for the table. Annette is a really good commentator aswell, she's like a daniel negreanu type commentator who is light hearted, doesnt make jokes, laughs a fair bit at stuff and knows what shes talking about. Also provided some Jesse May ownage.

May 'Tony G has to bet here surely'
Annette 'Umm no, that would be a really stupid thing for him to do'
May 'oh'

or

Annette 'eh, i dunno, i don't really like it unless he's planning on donking a lot of flops i guess'
Bit of silence
May '*laughing* i bet he'll be really glad to hear being called a donk *laughing*'

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May 'Tony G has to bet here surely'
Annette 'Umm no, that would be a really stupid thing for him to do'
May 'oh'

or

Annette 'eh, i dunno, i don't really like it unless he's planning on donking a lot of flops i guess'
Bit of silence
May '*laughing* i bet he'll be really glad to hear being called a donk *laughing*'

hahaha now i have to watch this.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a response from pokerstars on my RSA token. They said they would take my existing fpp's and $57 and give me one. Debating....

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think 4500 fpp is worth around around $65 for a bronzestar, so might be a good deal if ur really against grinding some 10nl FR or something for a couple of months

***warning: might be miles off when it comes to $65

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah, I think you're about right eNTy, but its not much of a deal. Think I'd just wait for awhile, make silverstar one month and pay 3k fpp...would think password and PIN was pretty good protection anyway.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it is, but for people who play cash, thus grind quite a bit, its a no brainer.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heart September....RAWR:cool:

Attachments

• septemberprofitz.jpg
    septemberprofitz.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 10
F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will Stars and FTP actually do this? I seem to recall players on 2p2 asking for this simple level of security, but not having it.

Er... I guess I just kinda assumed that they did. I mean, party poker did and while I'm slowly starting to appreciate the stuff they do more and more they never struck me as industry-leading in any field, including security.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seriously wish I could put in some volume :( Too high variance psychologically for me to add more than the 4 tables I play now (though I will be trying 6 when I get back to playing properly, I haven't had a real session since a week ago)

flheatfulltilt.png

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seriously wish I could put in some volume :( Too high variance psychologically for me to add more than the 4 tables I play now (though I will be trying 6 when I get back to playing properly, I haven't had a real session since a week ago)

Think twice before you add more tables. If you don't have to think about any decisions you make (or, more correctly put, if thinking about them for a few more seconds doesn't make them better) then it's fine to add more tables. But I'm starting to lean towards massive multitabling being -EV for many players. At the very least myself. Since April 1st and my pro-poker experiment started, I played 10 tables virtually every session, for a total win-rate of 3bb/100, which is respectable but not monstrously good. And reviewing some of my decisions I think I could have beaten it for at least twice that if I hadn't been so busy clicking. The most sizeable "mistakes" take place postflop when meta-game situations/noticing certain stats or notes in time could have allowed to size my bets differently or take different lines but it shines through preflop too. I end up folding too much in spots where I could have gone for a 3-bet bluff or a squeeze bluff because I see "trash" and check the fold box. I sometimes fail to notice that there's a shortstack in the hand. Etc, etc. These are clearly situations where I know better, but miss key information in the heat of the moment. I believe these kinds of mistakes easily add up to $6 every 100 hands and so I could have played 5 tables instead of 10 if that means that I get rid of those mistakes.

Playing fewer tables for a higher win-rate, besides the fact that it may be +EV overall, also has the added benefit (again, speaking for myself) that I better notice new things and learn more while playing, and of course playing with a higher win-rate drastically reduces downswings so I have less to stress about.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also you have to put in less hands for the same amount of money :cool:

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing more tables is definately -EV for me aswell when I played my 100k last month.

I think its fine to play less tables and try and achieve a higher winrate, until the point comes where adding more tables maybe 1 or 2 more will benefit your hourly rate rather than your winrate which is what you want to do, earn more money per hour.
However I think this will only take place maybe at 100nl+ since the hourlys arent great below that.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldn't spend FPPs on the RSA thing, just get the PIN where u click it with ur mouse and u should be all set

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye ive just got the stars pin thing, cant see why you would need extra

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - I have the pin and have decided I shouldn't have to pay anymore than anyone else for the RSA so not going to.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to counter Vanq's QB, I have changed pics so that the best NFL QB is represented at CC as well :D

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to counter Vanq's QB, I have changed pics so that the best NFL QB is represented at CC as well :D

people who like peyton manning also like to have things inserted into their butts

true story

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people who like peyton manning also like to have things inserted into their butts

true story

Never had that one happen. He's pretty incredible tbh

Edit: I just really really really don't like the Patriots

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldn't spend FPPs on the RSA thing, just get the PIN where u click it with ur mouse and u should be all set
Yeah that does eliminates the threat of key loggers but still doesn help if your email acount get hacked.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought u could actualy request the secure ID be sent by email if u forgot it, like the "forgot password" emails.
Am i wrong?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it must be pretty unhealthy to drink all that hatorade