Russian poker players! Are they good?

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they have the strange habit of sharing the cardschat freeroll password everytime on the vk community so all the russians can get into the games even if they don't even know what cardschat means and take the whole money to the motherland

Putin is so grateful for that

Long live mother russia :rofl:

M

Master_z4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why only Russian? everyone who understands math, logic and psychology - to understand the principles of poker and its laws. I, for example, Belarus. Russians, Ukrainians, probably strong opponents, but I don't like to play with Bulgarians, Hungarians and Germans.

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently in Russia, poker is only allowed in certain places that players are not as bad as before.Basically all the Russians are now playing poker online and playing well

A

Alexander Kotik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just win 10000$ in sit$go

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anyone can be a good player, does not matter where they are from

M

Master_z4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anyone can be a good player, does not matter where they are from

I agree with this statement. Saying that one country is better to play, and the other is worse - false.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russian, American, germany, Papua New Guinea...
People play poker but not the nationality!

N

nafanyalg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By playing with different opponents, I can not say that the country of residence as that affects the players. I think all countries have weak and strong players. Poker is not a very popular game in Russian, maybe that's why there is an outstanding player is with the Russians.
PS Personally, my opinion.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that good poker players among Russian as much as among every other nationalities. People from around the world are playing poker. And to say that the Russian or Brazilian or English are the best players would be wrong. And about luck, then in my personal opinion, the most successful in this regard Brazilians. Often playing at the tables with the Brazilians I went all in with the nuts hand, and lost it to them :) But again, this is just a personal opinion.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of russian people play poker. Every tournament have minimum 5 Russian.
A majority play on pokerstars and very often l lose chips against this guys. They are some good players but majority is recreative players and theay play every hand especially on freerolls and micro buy in tournaments. I dont like this players so much but they are play poker and i have to play against them. I dont like some russian players but l love Liliya Novikova :)

George Lewis

George Lewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience is that they tend to be decent and rather straight forward. They will try to push you off hands if they think you are able to fold. This is a stereotype of course so until you know for sure assume they are competent. I would rely more on individual assessments of players but if you had only this to go on you should consider your Russian opponent to be decent.

B

Bsharky28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good... Bad ))) - Best, after Negrianu )))

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the share of players by nationality - is a bad idea. As well as among other nationalities, including Russian, and there are bad and good players.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like with every country 90% of them are terrible but there's 10% if great players also

G

GALAXY8118

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they are very strong players!

D

Dima666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russian, American, Germany, Papua New Guinea...
People play poker but not the nationality!

totally agree, the nationality does not depend on which player you are, only your personal skill and luck as much poker without it

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
russian players are good , but lot of them are crazy maybe cause they drink when they play . but a lot of them are though players ans smart so be carefull

S

sheitan88666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he play all card and he bluff a lot but he is good player

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nationality has hardly anything to do with poker skills. MAybe there's higher percentage of russian players and maybe they seem crazier than others, but I don't think they're worse than e.g. brazilians, germans etc