running bad

D

David G

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TheKAAHK,

Just a quick reply because I don't have much time (but I'd love to give a better reply because I think you've missed the point completely).

To better explain, I'm still, and always have been, a winning player. I don't lose at poker. However, I HAVE been breaking even lately. I guess you didn't see the graph I posted above, that has nothing to do with "playing the player" or "getting my shit together" or whatever. The fact is, I'm playing winning poker, but not receiving the results. The all in EV stat only tells a small part of the story but even if we only counted that, all in's, I'd be up 40 more 100BB buy ins for last month than I am currently. That's only if I ran "even" when the money went all in. This means I was a favorite in all those examples, or in other words, beating the game/players.

Anyway, there's that and then the 9 months or so on FTP towards the end. Still wound up being up though, you can check sharkscope: RoadBlock74

Regardless, appreciate the response and your advice would be sound in 95%+ of the cases. I don't expect you, or anyone, to have any answers or advice. The only real advice there is, is to just keep playing winning poker and bettering your game as much as you can every day. It's supposed to change at some point. I'm just really, really under, even after a million hands.... :(

Also, I've played poker for almost two decades and never complained of anything like this. Of coarse I had bad runs, sometimes even for a couple months. This is 100 times worse than anything I've ever gone through and again, I'm not knew to poker, variance, or anything to do with that. This is just the last year I'm talking about.

Anyway GL ev1 and hopefully I'll be able to put this behind me soon. I'll update in a couple months. Just remember how bad it can be, when you think you are running bad. One hand, one session, one day, one week, one month...completely standard and happen all the time. It's a part of poker. If that gets to you, try and remember how blessed you are to be able to win any hands at all, for any period of time, as Murphy's Law could rear it's ugly head and you may never run good, or even, again.

Last edited:
F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would take a break ... sometimes you might think you are card dead, but really you might be a little burned out and making some mistakes that you normally wouldnt

D

David G

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2ezps48.jpg

That's almost a month old, as my trial has ran out but I loaded the hands since to a friends and we can add another 26 under all in ev (just, aiev)

I put this in days so it can be understood a little better as it's not just 125+ 100 BB buy ins or -$7,000 in 100,000 hands under where I should be at minimum (again, that's just AIEV/all ins) , but how utterally unlikely it is that I run below ev/bad all day, every single day for months on end. This is only the last 3-4 months, not counting the previous 9-12 on FTP and live.

The point? Some people are cursed beyond any reproach and should not play poker unless they want to lose and/or torture themselves. lol @ me ever quitting at this point though, so I'll see ya again in a few months. Remember how fortunate you are for any hands you win.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't do graphs in big blinds, do it in winnings and do it for hands played instead of dates.

FeltLikeIt

FeltLikeIt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah Nice thread guys im sure like 75 percent of this world feels or has felt like you before! i know I have, playing live once i won 5,200 dollars in like 5 days and then turned around and lost it all back the next month.... it crazy was on a 2 month dry spell and never changed my game. I was freakign out like there was something wrong with me but I stayed patient and just kept pluging along. Good cash though that 3,000+ one