Runner Runner: Poker Movie Review

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was decent. I liked the ending personally.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And i know that if the kind of shady things in the movie are going on in some of the sites in the poker industry, then it is likely that it would be the sites I am registered on that are guilty of this since they are the ones that are overseas bucking US law. ??????
I think US REGULATION of poker can bring faith back into the poker industry. LOL

It is a great shame that the rest of the world are incapable of running poker sites... oh wait a minute... :p

pyramidscheme

pyramidscheme

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A dirty, shady movie about gambling? With some big name actors?

How could anybody not enjoy that?

O

onlinenat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was an awesome movie, but you gotta go into it looking for a movie not a poker documentary

P

Pokerguy187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
decent movie, it was entertaining, not really a poker movie though.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decent movie, kind of shows a deeper look into online gambling. Isn't meant to be anything close to a documentary though, just your run of the mill Hollywood movie.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This movie was a waste of my time. I had better expectations, but oh well right?

This movie may be OK for people who know absolutely nothing about poker or gambling in general.

P

plunkettwr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I went into this movie with absolutely no expectations and it was exactly what I thought I was getting into. It kept me entertained for 100 minutes which was all I needed. I say it was worth a single watch if you're bored.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was definitely disappointed with this movie! I expected a lot more and it came up a big ways short.

The title of the movie is the biggest poker thing in it because its a bluff, you think its about to be some exciting poker movie but then you watch it and dissatisfied would be an understatement!

I am excited about check raising the devil which is a movie they are making from mike "the mouth' matusow's book but I have a feeling it is going to be too hollywood and not a lot of poker is going to be discussed!