Rude players

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't answer to him and if it persists, turn off the chat. Also, you can probably report him to the support. Or if you don't like the solutions, change the table ...

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find that distracting , but it is not necessary to draw attention to the need to be focused

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The silence is always the best answer to those who wait for our imbalance, because this is how we neutralize all the evil that surrounds us. This is the part of the maturity process. Generally this type of behavior comes from people with less life experience.

a very good answer will only add that in online poker it is much easier to ignore them than live

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not usually and talk in the poker rooms, I think this is a distraction, and when I get some unpleasant comment I just ignore it.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people use chat to gain action- if you can't stand someone on a table one will often play hands against them they normally wouldn't play trying to take this player out. I love these people as it adds another dynamic to the game- if it bothers you - ignore them - I like to play along

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can ignore them, you can block their chat, you can put a posty note on your screen covering their chat, you can turn them in, or you can just play on a different table.

I

imdabest101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it bothers you, then silence is the best option.

For someone who relishes in a little trash talk, I embrace it.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disabling chat would easily solve your problem.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turning off chat is the way to go if somebody is getting too abusive. I have somebody go crazy on me in a spin and go not too long ago with some of the weirdest antisemitic stuff I've ever heard. I kinda felt bad for him, there had to be something wrong with him.

When people are big chatters or negative Nancy's, I am more inclined to show them bluffs. I figure if they are so emotionally invested in the game, they will get steamy a lot easier, and its funny to watch them go off!

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignore the player, if it bothers you turn off your chat and you don't have to listen to them anymore. If it really bothers you then you can report it and hopefully they will make him stop, but some players might be acting rude to try and distract you so that you can make a wrong call and take your chips.

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't pay attention to the chat simply. Very rarely they write something worthwhile.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ignore them if your going to try to reason with them it going to be worst. If you are in the mood you can agro them when you have good hands and try to eliminate them.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that silence is always the best answer

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ignore these players and block the chat, and you will not be disturbed and distracted from the game!

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silence and not kindle the dispute, turn off the chat aggressive player. Home peace of mind in the game

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing at poker stars, I have encounterd playersthat are rude and righting foul messeges.
you coufrount them about their swearing habits and they tell
you to F off. Playing in a game with a rude player is not enjoyable,
how does a player go about dealing with this problem?

WHAAAAT?

Are you seriously talking about disturbing things that can be easily adjusted using software options????

7 things to do at any poker site:

1) turn off avatars.
2) turn off countries and other false info pop-up stuff.
3) turn off dealer, player and advertisement chat.
4) set table positions on your screen and save them.
5) set your favorite seats for each table type and set green or blue table color(green keeps you calm, blue keeps you smart).
6) set default window on notes and write notes on each player.
7) be calm, smart and keep thinking until you're done.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes these players are using this as a tactic to take you off your game. Trying to induce dialog so they can put you on tilt. As many have said, just ignore it. Who really wants to have a conversation with someone like that?

S

svizac

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars makes it easy to deal with this problem. Just disable chat for rude and/or annoying players.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to deal mainly online is to block chat, ignore and the best option.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Swearing and other abusive language identifies a player who is not that intelligent and who is probably on tilt. The chat box is a goldmine of useful information, and you can always use it to try and push them further into tilt, the occasional "oops" if they lose another hand can go a long way. If they are mentally weak use it to your advantage, just dont stoop to their level.

With that said every now and again I will report players that are very rude all the time. They might be putting off newbies to the site, and newbies are also usually easy money.

If the swearing makes you go on tilt, you need to turn off chat like others have said.
Your internet psychology diploma is failing you, have a read on swearing and the human intellect.
https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
My approach is to say: you are displaying your educational level by using this kind of language and I even thanks them.
Must times they stop the abusive language! :)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
laugh it off as some players use this as a tactic to get in to your head affect your game by calling you donkey ect spend more time on the cards than the chat

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online it is pretty easy as you can just ignore them. In real life, it's actually the same solution. They tend to continue berating if you say nothing and they just continue to look stupid. It's a win/win

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
click on them and select block chat, simple as that.