Ring game poker, should I start just limping with good hands.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting so god damn sick of the players at $25 nl. No matter how much I raise they NEVER fold preflop, and they flop a boat or trips 3 out of 4 times. I'll raise like 4x+ the bb and the small blind or big blind will call with like 2 3 offsuit or 7 4 suited and flop trips. I wish I could play these garbage hands and outflop big pairs and AK/AQ nearly every time. The more I play poker the more I realize it's 99% luck 1% skill.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not this again Ben. Keep raising, it's how you get paid. If they're calling with crap that's a good thing. I'm having the exact opposite problem right now. I can't get any action when I have good/great hands.

Have you downloaded the PT3 beta yet?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want this to happen, but you also need to disciplined and able to lay a big hand down if you think it's beat. You have to know that the ranges are much wider than usual and to not try to use logic and draw conclusions based on what a good player would do if it is not a good player. If you're getting too many callers, raise more. Also it depends on your position and number of limpers left. Playing 25nl, I've open-raised to $1.75 before simply because of how many limpers there are. This accomplishes 2 purposes. First of all we narrow it down so we are more likely to win the hand, and second of all the more money in the pot, the less we mind just taking it down preflop to all folds. Obviously if it's folded to you on the button you shouldn't raise 5x or 6x, but say you're in MP and 2 have called already. I'd jack it up to at least $1.25 or $1.50

38special

38special

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise bigger? if they're gonna call max em out.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[X] sick of bens daily whining threads

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games