PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning friends

I took some time away from poker due to health problems.

And I can't play right.

Is it the effect of the drugs or because I lost practice in the game.

Happy is man with God.:):D;)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Congratulations on your return.
The main thing is to be patient and in time you will be able to achieve good results. Take your time, step by step, you will be able to restore everything. Be healthy and do not get sick. :)

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Most likely, the lack of practice of playing poker affects. Although the effects of drugs on cognitive abilities have not been canceled. It may be necessary to start a rehabilitation period. Good luck in overcoming difficulties!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good morning friends

And I can't play right.

Welcome back! :)

It might just be a little rust/cobwebs that you need to shake off, but...

How long have you been away for?

What drugs are you taking?*

Perhaps if you don't want to specify precisely, you could instead explain the side effects that you feel might be interfering with your games.

Wishing you the best health & recovery possible!

*That second query is rather personal so please feel free not to answer if you don't want to (naturally), I only ask to try and answer your question more helpfully.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good that you're back in the game. Now it remains to regain your skill in the game and confidence.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing again is always difficult, but soon good results will start to appear, good luck with your return.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Usually it's a tricky situation to get back to the tables after a long break and depends on the person how much time you need to readjust and start playing your 'A' game... Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried after a few sessions that don't go your way, just take some time after each session and study the spots you think you made big mistakes and try to improve your decisions in similar situations in the future...

Stay healthy and GLGL at the tables!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back! :)

It might just be a little rust/cobwebs that you need to shake off, but...

How long have you been away for?

What drugs are you taking?*

Perhaps if you don't want to specify precisely, you could instead explain the side effects that you feel might be interfering with your games.

Wishing you the best health & recovery possible!

*That second query is rather personal so please feel free not to answer if you don't want to (naturally), I only ask to try and answer your question more helpfully.

I am out 2 months

Playing just 5 minutes a week

Dipyrone remedies that make you sleepy.

A slowdown is normal.

Soon we will be at full steam.:(

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am out 2 months

Playing just 5 minutes a week

Dipyrone remedies that make you sleepy.

A slowdown is normal.

Soon we will be at full steam.:(
Out for two months? Then if you were up-to-date strategically not much should have changed.. :eek:

Five minutes a week, what do you mean? To me one minute is sixty seconds..!

The sleepy medication probably won't be too helpful, if you are playing for fun it's no problem (within means of course) but if playing for profit, side effects from drugs will usually be detrimental to expectation.

Medication is an obvious exception to this in instances wherein it returns us to a 'normal' state, which is ideal.

My opinion is you should allow your body full opportunity to recuperate and, if you like, play a little poker to relax but definitely don't put any stress on yourself! :wink:

Once again, speedy recovery. :love:

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back! I too recently returned after a long break for similar reasons. I think medication could have an effect, I know that mine does, I find that I get really tired by the end of some of the tourneys and ones like the CC Freeroll on GG that doesn't even start until 11pm or something, well, I really struggle with that one. But other than that, the rest will probably just getting used to getting back in the saddle :)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all
I was treated in the hospital last year and I also had a deterioration in the game, I think this is due to medication and poor health, but now everything is getting back to the previous level, the main thing is not to give up.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning friends

And I can't play right.

Congratulations on your return to poker! Everything that you forgot can easily be returned, I'm talking about those skills that you have lost! Be patient, watch streams of popular poker players and you will remember how you played! The main thing is to be a disciplined player and soon you will start playing well! Good luck in your endeavors and at the tables!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From what I understand, your health is getting better! A little patience and everything will work out with the game !!! Good luck !!!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm glad you're back and you seem to be feeling better. As far as poker failure goes, it's hard to say if it's due to medication or just bad luck at poker, but your health is more important than poker. Have patience and take it easy and with time it will work better again with the poker. In any case, avoid stress and just play for fun. I hope you get well soon

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play low limits and gradually remember everything.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will take the advice on this thread too. I have been suffering from illness and from some of my meds, and my game is way off. A lot of good advice above. I concur with playing small games and maybe taking or retaking a course as suggested. It is easy to forget some basics.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
welcome back
keep on playing and you'll see that you'll get back on track
good luck

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back to the game we loved.

Keep playing as long as you can focus on the game.

Daily baby step and you will be back in no time without noticing it.

Good Luck

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Welcome friend ... Surely with practice you will recover your skills for the game :D

Top 10 Games