Rejected for The Big Game

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's kind of the problem I have with these shows. Why don't they have a play-in tournamnet or a series of play-in tournaments? Win the tourney and you're on the show. Plain and simple. Instead by winning a tournament, all you really win is the right to be in a lottery to be actually chosen for the show. Not worth my time. Just becomes a popularity contest.

Its all about ratings. If they don't think the audience is going to like you, hate you, root for you or root against you, you are out.

The poker is secondary. Unfortunately.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the chance to win a Million, hardly worth any effort since that kinda money comes so easy :driver:

This sounds like my dad while playing the lotto :).

The thing is you most likely have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than you do to win the million! Hell, maybe even struck twice! Skip the 10000 player tourney and we are talking. Other than that to most people this is waste of time though.

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can certainly understand OP's frustration. In my opinion, the process should be reversed. Have the video submission BEFOREHAND, let the show pick however many people they think would make good TV, then have a tourney to decide who makes it on the show. At least this way you aren't giving people false hope, and the selection process seems much less biased towards "sob stories". Also, if you lose the only person you can blame is yourself, not the network

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only needed to see the title and i was depressed. How on earth could he be turned down? :(

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just such a huge mistake on stars' part on like every level

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The selection process is whacked out imo, some of the ideas thrown about here have sounded much better, but unless you get something for the free roll win then i would not be interested either, although i do realize the chance of a lifetime is there for someone to get :cool:

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally Posted by Daniel Negreanu
Just saw this and am absolutely shocked. I have no idea why he wasn't chosen. I know that FOX investigates contestants backgrounds, looking for any criminal past, etc. but I've got no clue why they wouldn't pick him. Sorry to all those that supported Jared, I was one of them.

Top 10 Games