Can recreational poker players with a regular job be profitable with poker?

• Thread starter GeorgeGurdjieff
  • Start date
W

Was1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Yes of course. Everything is possible in poker, and that's what it's good for. Like in wonderland.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course you can! You must learn and enjoy the game. If you are recreational and you play freerolls and microlimits, of course you can be profitable. In my opinion is really important play in your level because if you play in other high level is really probably that you will lose your money 😕

Sorry for my english 😬

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course. Practice, play well and don't burn all your winnings

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure it is possible. You just have to have a lot of patience and discipline. Personally, I only feel able to play good poker when I am mentally balanced. As soon as the job takes over completely, it could become difficult. But if you have enough time on the side to make serious progress, it shouldn't be a problem.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im still struggling to find a routine but my mentor and cousin is earning around 2k dollars/mo which in brazil is higher than the good salaries.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It's possible in a certain way, but I don't think gambling is profitable on the long run tho.
What I want to say is that don't rely on it, That's it.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Of course. Poker can be a nice little added bonus to your regular source of income. It depends on the recreational player's skill.

Actually, having a nice job that you don't hate and then being a decent recreational poker player is in my mind the most desirable combo. Being a full time poker pro is just too volatile.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Impossible is nothing, even when you don't believe it." ©
So the answer is - Yes Sir! :cool: