Can recreational poker players with a regular job be profitable with poker?

• Thread starter GeorgeGurdjieff
  • Start date
G

GeorgeGurdjieff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CL
Chips
Someone who currently works and in spare time plays and is profitable? Does it exist?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Anything is possible in poker, so something like that is also possible It depends entirely on what kind of player you are and how you deal with your bankroll. I don't mean to say that it's easy, but there are also very good players who also have a normal job on the side. And who are successful in poker

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a job and I play poker, but I can't be a winning player yet)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, perfectly possible.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can have a good job and show good results, but is it enough for the championship? It seems to me, as in any business, sport, etc. you need to immerse yourself as much as possible in what you do and what you are doing, but at the same time it is not a fact that you will become a champion.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Profitable, of course. Profitable enough to make the time & effort worthwhile, again, of course, but each player has to decide if it's a worthwhile investment of ones time.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work and play freerolls and microstakes in my free time. This brings me a small but pleasant income.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course it's possible. If you play cash games for example, you don't need to play long sessions like if you play tournaments or sit'gos. Also, you will have the weekends to play, which in my opinion are the best days in online poker.

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very Possible. I have been in a positive state overall for several years.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I work and play in my free time, but I still don't earn much, but I only spend 4 or 5 hours a day, I think that for it to be profitable, you have to spend a little more time, because you don't always earn in the Hyper tournaments I play and the slow tournaments take 7 hours (on average) to get to the final table and have a winner.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
anything is possible in poker it take one good run in a huge event to make it big and from there you can decide how much more committed to the game you wanna be

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can probably make around 2000 dollars a year even if you arent that good just by free rolling in good free rolls and taking advantage of promotions

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I work as a driver, at least 5-6 days a week. I play poker only in the evenings, 3-5 hours a day. And I can honestly tell you, I am a profitable player. Although this is not a lot of money, it is still a profit.
Good luck.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is no; but he can have some beautiful scores from time to time to make his life more beautiful :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Can you always make poker your normal job so yes?

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently work and play poker, I believe that if I don't focus only on poker it won't be profitable, despite winning some values, they are very low values

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing only freerolls, you can definitely become profitable, but it is definitely not possible to become unprofitable.:)

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes you can, but what kind of profitability are you talking about? someone can invest $10 and still play at micro limits and be profitable there. You don't lose money, you enjoy the game but nothing else.
Other types of profitability require time, effort and investment.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Treat poker as a part time job. 2 - 3 hours of play. Depending on the stakes and win rate it can be money making venture.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes for sure you can. Focus on using the time you have to consistently put in hands at the tables and review them after your sessions in order to find and fix your leaks. Rinse and repeat, this is how I went from playing part-time to eventually just quitting my job.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why not? for sure You can be profitable, somehow difficult to play long tournaments though.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know how to play poker properly, anything is possible...

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is very possible, but HOW profitable, is the question?
Enough to make a good living? I don't think so.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If any amount above 0 is considered as profitable than yes, a person with regular job can achieve it . But if you think that profitable should be at least money for a good holiday than I think that is not possible, or you need a lot of luck. To have good results in poker you need to play when you are fresh and relaxed, exactly the things that are missing for these persons, They are playing to relax.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so. What does the workplace have to do with poker, in your spare time you can play a lot of tournaments and earn good money.