Real bot?

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, I am usually not one for this type of stuff but this guy plays MANY, MANY tables and does it 24.7. I see him every day at the tables and always running this many tables. Human?

Attachments

• 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1-3.jpg
    1-3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 115
Aalgaard

Aalgaard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ammount of tables shouldn't be scary, but if he plays 24/7, maybe?

Easiest thing if you think he is a bot would be to report him and let the client take a look on him :)

Still don't get how people can make any big profit playing 24 tables at the same time if they are not botting. What kind of tables did he play at?

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just checked for him now and he wasn't on.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just checked for him now and he wasn't on.

I don't know, does anyone actually play for a living at these stakes?!

He was on when I started playing around 9:15PM and with a few breaks in between got off at 3:30AM.

He was still playing all 24 when I got off :S

Maybe I just seem to always catch him when he's on :p

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doesnt everyone 24 table for 8 hours at a time?

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats pretty friggin crazy, jus for fun 1 time i took some play chips and i played 10 tables, and i did ok with it, just played good hands, but could not have n e info on n e person, and i ran out of time on a few hands, so running 24 tables sounds like it would be an intense workout of the hand...

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy must be bionic. I just tried 12 and couldn't keep up or play solid. After about 15 minutes of folding everything but premium hands and going all-in or nothing with them I quit. Maybe he's one of those guys plays 20 bingo cards at a time and used to it. Anyways I'd like to watch him while he's online and see it real time. :cool:

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did some resarch found that he has playd 789 games, 196 cashes,41 final tables, 4 wins ,6 2nds , 4 3rds total winnings was over 23k very impressive

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the big deal
many ppl play 20+ plus tables at a time and are not bots

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked and he's on, I wanna see how long he played.

Go search for "1ofakind420" if you want to watch him.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked and he's on, I wanna see how long he played.

Go search for "1ofakind420" if you want to watch him.

4 hours later and he's still running his usual 24 tables ^^

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he is a bot for the fact that I just watched him timeout to a check on two tables. If it were a bot chances are it would automatically check, call, raise, or fold every hand as soon as its their turn.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
research shows that most if not all bots play limit holdem not no limit so i would have to say it is highly unlikely that that person is a bot

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he is a bot for the fact that I just watched him timeout to a check on two tables. If it were a bot chances are it would automatically check, call, raise, or fold every hand as soon as its their turn.

You are a bit behind on bot development if you think that!

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno......with technolgoy and seeing how bots are computer generated and after watching this guy at 5 tables, I don't think he is a bot.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched him play on a couple tables for a bit and it doesn't seem like he is a bot. Like someone said eariler sometimes he takes a really long time to play his hand and he just ends up checking, of course his bot could do that on purpose just to throw people off, who knows. But to me it looks like he is just really good at multi tabling, he probably has like 4 monitors going at once. :p

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched him play on a couple tables for a bit and it doesn't seem like he is a bot. Like someone said eariler sometimes he takes a really long time to play his hand and he just ends up checking, of course his bot could do that on purpose just to throw people off, who knows. But to me it looks like he is just really good at multi tabling, he probably has like 4 monitors going at once. :p

Multi table isn't hard, I can do over 24 tables myself. It's the amount of time he spends on it....like 12 hours per day

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is very interesting i dont think i could ever play that many tables for any amount of time....someone should try it and test to see if its humanly possible

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is very interesting i dont think i could ever play that many tables for any amount of time....someone should try it and test to see if its humanly possible

I've done it before, not hard. I can easily run 12 - 24 tables.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are my conclusions:

- He is playing .10/.25 ( I think thats what he ussually plays) because he does not want to move up in limits???

- He is playing 12+ hours a day to see a profit??? Playing lower limits like this he might have to just to get a profit????

- He has no life and loves poker!! That would explain playing all of the time??

I dunno just my ideas on the whole thing.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi table isn't hard, I can do over 24 tables myself. It's the amount of time he spends on it....like 12 hours per day

Well I just watched him, just the fact that he would timeout clues me in that he's not a bot. His idea is really smart though. If he knows he can beat the 10c/25c games (saw him playing one, just assuming that's the limit for all the games he plays), knows he can 24-table profitably, why risk going up in stakes? From my PT database I'm averaging 79 hands per hour per table. So if he 24-tables he sees 1896 hands per hour. If he can average 5 BB/100 hands (totally reasonable at those limits IMO if you can handle the 26 tables) that's $2.50 every hundred hands and 2.5*18.96 = $47.40/hour

Some quick calculations if he does that for a living and works a standard 40-hour work week and takes 2 weeks of vacation every year: $47.40*(40 hours)*(50 weeks) = $94,800 per year. Not bad for someone who can only mechanically beat 10c/25c. Obviously I don't know if he could do better, and it's possible he's not even making 5 BB/100 hands. But even 2 BB/100 would be almost 38k/year.

Apparently if you can actually handle that many tables, donk-crushing is extremely profitable. No need to be really good or beat higher limit games. Hell I'd do that if I won that kind of money. If he does it consistently it's probably become automatic for him as well. My worst fear in that scenario would be boredom. But hey, if I have a job making around $100k a year, I really don't mind the boredom, and it's never real boredom because there's always something to do (24 somethings in this case :)).