Rakeback deal on a running account

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I tried to get it through full tilt but they don't ever change anything which is bad customer service.......... IF you clearly didnt know then they should let you do it..... oh well

You do have to look at it from their point of view.

You signed up via whatever affiliate.

Their deal with the affiliate is to pay them a % of your rake for refering you.

Now you want to switch... the affiliate isn't going to want to release your account anyway. Why would they? They got you to sign up on the basis that they would earn money for this.

If they release your account, they stop getting paid.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, i tried to ask the affiliate site if i could go to rake back, and they said only if i do up an account for it. Thought, it is a site that has an IB, tho i know one of the admins, he may end up helping me since UB took out the BDs in 90 days...

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't even try with Full Tilt if you signed up through an affiliate. They will say no and it is non-negotiable.

this. i dont even know what affiliate I signed up with, but they wont switch me or anything. it kinda sucks

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has anyone here actually obtained rakeback after the fact?

Yes I am and have been now for about a month or so on Fulltilt.
I initially signed up on Fulltilt in 2007 (not through any affiliate). I found out this year ('09) that Fulltilt was accepting some playes for Rakeback on existing accounts.
A couple of emails later and some responses telling me to wait patiently and that my account is being considered... then about 2mos. later I received an email saying I was accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Affiliates.

The deal with affiliates is that they get people to join a pokersite, in return they get a small percentage of the rake generated by the player (it adds up!!)

After joining you are basically asking the pokersite to go back on its end of the deal and stop paying the affiliate who referred you so that you can switch to an affiliate which provides rakeback.

Ok I had not seen the situation like that, and it's clear that allowing rakeback on existing accounts make them lose some money...

I did not read carefully the rules, but is there any way to request the closing of my account, wait a couple of months, and reopen a new one with an affiliate?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I had not seen the situation like that, and it's clear that allowing rakeback on existing accounts make them lose some money...

I did not read carefully the rules, but is there any way to request the closing of my account, wait a couple of months, and reopen a new one with an affiliate?

I'm not sure.

Closing your account would be the only option. You would need to email support to discuss this.

FWIW most people don't understand how affiliates make their money and signup before they understand what rakeback is.

I was lucky.. My first account was a PS account (which dosnt offer rakeback) I later discovered RB and held off opening any new accounts until I had made my mind up whether I wanted it or not.

I do sympathise as its not made clear to people when they signup that rakeback is an option they may want to consider.

I just wanted to make people aware of why the site would not let you switch (its not personal).

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, you got lucky to register first on PS and then discover RB Stu :)

Because when I discovered poker, there were many freerolls out there, and I quickly registered on many many rooms to play a lot of tournaments.

When I then started to play decently, and think about playing CG or buy-in SnG, I also discovered RB, and it was a bad news that I cannot get some rakeback on any decent room... :(

Of course, I could have the option to register on another room, but I'm already registered to the well known ones, and hesitate to play CG on very small rooms.
Maybe I make a mistake because the level of players could be lower on such rooms, but I think that the game is really much fun and attractive on the best sites.

I'm planning to try through a rakeback site to ask them to try to get the rake for me. I remember a RB site that asked me my login, email, etc, to try to get me RB on FTP.
I'm gonna try that and let you know what happens.

Another question, regarding PS, as they offer no rake but FPP (which seems more fair finally).
They explain on their website that we earn 1 FPP for example if the commission reaches 0,40$ on one hand.
But may you tell me approximatively how big must the pot be to do a 0,40$ commission on it?

In other words, by playing quite small stakes on PS, is it possible to get some FPP?

valientone

valientone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and by the way? what type of affiliate site would be the best to join with if a friend has not set up an account yet?

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also need some advices about choosing an affiliate for RakeBack.

So, do moderators allow ppl to tell here which is there rakeback affiliate, and are they good experiences with it? :confused:

If moderators don't allow rakeback company names here, may people with only Good experience with their affiliate make me a pm for telling me more about it ?

Many thanks :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a ftp account through another non rakeback affiliate the answers quite simple, all you need is a girlfriend/wife who has a different bank account to you, sign up through a rakeback site using her details and hey presto!

Woulda thought this would be a problem if you ever won a seat in a live event but as i play cash this isnt an issue for me so when i bother my ass to go back to fulltilt this is the method i'll be using as i already have a non-rakeback account and have been told there's no chance of getting on a rakeback deal :(

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another question, regarding PS, as they offer no rake but FPP (which seems more fair finally).
They explain on their website that we earn 1 FPP for example if the commission reaches 0,40$ on one hand.
But may you tell me approximatively how big must the pot be to do a 0,40$ commission on it? In other words, by playing quite small stakes on PS, is it possible to get some FPP?

It was something like an $8 pot to earn 1 FPP, but now they do partial points so it's a little easier. At .01/.02nl, I used to earn about 1 - 3 points per thousand hands. At .02/,05nl, it was more like 1 point per hundred hands. Now it's more like 3 points per hundred hands on average. These are just rough estimates from the top of my head. Put it this way, I've played almost 100K hands at those two stakes in the last few months, and I've accumulated around 450 FPPs.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a ftp account through another non rakeback affiliate the answers quite simple, all you need is a girlfriend/wife who has a different bank account to you, sign up through a rakeback site using her details and hey presto!

Woulda thought this would be a problem if you ever won a seat in a live event but as i play cash this isnt an issue for me so when i bother my ass to go back to fulltilt this is the method i'll be using as i already have a non-rakeback account and have been told there's no chance of getting on a rakeback deal :(

In fact I have a running account, but I did not opened it through an affiliate, I downloaded it directly from FTP.
I've just sent them an email telling us that I'm interested to play CG, but only if I can get some rakeback.

As I still never played Cash on FTP, I think their interest is that I start to play cash, and I've explained that I won't play if I can't get some rakeback.
I know my chances are tiny, but I have a small hope for a positive answer...

I'll let you know what they answer !

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact I have a running account, but I did not opened it through an affiliate, I downloaded it directly from FTP.
I've just sent them an email telling us that I'm interested to play CG, but only if I can get some rakeback.

As I still never played Cash on FTP, I think their interest is that I start to play cash, and I've explained that I won't play if I can't get some rakeback.
I know my chances are tiny, but I have a small hope for a positive answer...

I'll let you know what they answer !

In that case FT have their own rakeback program. Takes a few weeks for them to transfer you, but if you didn't sign up through an affiliate then they will transfer you.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was something like an $8 pot to earn 1 FPP, but now they do partial points so it's a little easier. At .01/.02nl, I used to earn about 1 - 3 points per thousand hands. At .02/,05nl, it was more like 1 point per hundred hands. Now it's more like 3 points per hundred hands on average. These are just rough estimates from the top of my head. Put it this way, I've played almost 100K hands at those two stakes in the last few months, and I've accumulated around 450 FPPs.

Many thanks for these explanations RogueRivered :)
It's great that they give partial points now, because I'm not sure I'm gonna be often in 8$ pots too often at the beginning :p

From what I can see on PS, the really cool satellites or objects in their store need a loooot of FPP :(

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case FT have their own rakeback program. Takes a few weeks for them to transfer you, but if you didn't sign up through an affiliate then they will transfer you.

Finally a good news today :)

Many thanks Stu, I'm gonna write to them right now, as they still did not answer to my first mail yet :)

And even if I must wait a few weeks it's not a problem :)

Many thanks again for that info :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

^^
this..... is simply not true sir
I had an account on Fulltilt for close to 18mos. prior to receiving rakeback. As long as you didn't sign up through an 'affiliate'.. you can get on a waitlist and should be signed up... eventually.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FTP has just contacted me to tell me that they gave my details to their 'official" affiliate, so I guess I should be able to get rakeback on my account soon :)

I was really lucky not to sign up through an affiliate :)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FTP has just contacted me to tell me that they gave my details to their 'official" affiliate, so I guess I should be able to get rakeback on my account soon :)

I was really lucky not to sign up through an affiliate :)

Yeah, I'm on that list, too. But it's been over a month, and I still haven't heard from the "in-house" rake back program.

C

Chamaican666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just sent them an email saying that I had not signed up through an affiliate and that i wanted to recieve rake back, i have already deposited 50 dlrs on FT and have played over 200+ SnGs and currently have 300+

I got an answer, almost instantly saying this (seems to be positive/a good sign):

Thanks for getting in contact with us about rakeback.

Although full tilt poker does not offer rakeback directly to players, our preferred affiliate partner RakeBackPros.com offers rakeback to players who sign up through their website with Full Tilt Poker.

We?ve sent your player details to RakeBackPros.com and they will be in direct contact with you.

Regards,

Edward
Full Tilt Poker Support

Hopefully i can get it!

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i asked a number of site if i could get rake back as i am already a member i didnt relise her was rake back but carbon said it wasnt possible and fulltilt didnt even email me back so dont think it can be done :(

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I'm on that list, too. But it's been over a month, and I still haven't heard from the "in-house" rake back program.

Hi RogueRivered,
they told me, like Chamaican666 says, that they gave my file to rakebackpros.com, and that they should contact me soon.

If they don't contact me, I'll contact them :D
They have a form on their website, and they offer RB only for FTP, so I guess it will work :)

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up directly with fulltilt and not through anyone else....how do i get rakeback

deadhxc

deadhxc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had an account for 2 yrs and just this year get rakeback from rakebackpros took about 3 weeks before i got accepted, I sent ftp and rbp's both emails and they took care of it

C

Chamaican666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maolitis,

let me know when the rakeback site gets in touch with you (sends you an email)

I have yet to hear from them even though full tilt sent them my details.

hopefully it will come soon!!