Status
Not open for further replies.
suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might be connected to an affiliate and not even know it. Just because you didn't put a code in doesn't mean anything, you may have clicked a link from a site like CC . If you are connected to an affiliate you can't change that, if you are not then you will be able to get rakeback thru rakebackpros.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do not create a new FT account to get RB -- that is a violation of TOS that could get your account(s) closed, withdrawals held up, and/or you potentially banned. You do have to create a new account at RakeBackPros, which is FT's own RB provider.

As others mentioned, typing in a promotion code or not does not always determine your affiliate status. Usually affiliate status is determined from browser cookies. What gets most people messed up is they are browsing around the net looking at various poker forums, training sites, rakeback sites, etc. and clicking links but not actually signing up. Then later they decide to signup for FullTilt and go straight to FullTilt.com and download/install the client. There's a very good chance that, if cookies were not properly cleared first, a cookie dropped by one of your previous browsing sessions is still in place and now you're attached to that affiliate without realizing it. And FT has a policy to not tell you who your affiliate is.

I will say though that if you signed up for FT since their 60-day deposit affiliate policy went into affect (not sure when exactly, but at least 2 years or so ago), and did not deposit within 60 days of signup, then any affiliation will expire and you should be eligible for having your account converted to RB. So you have 60 days to deposit or your affiliate loses the referral and your account becomes unaffiliated. However FT grants RB on a case-by-case basis, and takes varying lengths of time to get it done. Some people have requested it for months before being given RB, while others (myself included) got it within a few days. Others have never gotten it while being certain they aren't affiliated and/or never deposited.

Until recently FT was a lot less generous with converting accounts, but around the time that Stars lowered their VIP requirements to make rewards more attainable by the less hardcore players, it seemed to me that FT started granting RB at a much quicker pace. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

is0x000

is0x000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't spent too much time studing how much I'm losing by not having rakeback. Just curious how much each of you earn thanks to rakeback.

I know it depends on how much you play but is it that much worth it for non profesional players?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't spent too much time studing how much I'm losing by not having rakeback. Just curious how much each of you earn thanks to rakeback.

I know it depends on how much you play but is it that much worth it for non profesional players?
It's essentially free money (well, technically a partial rebate), so it's worth it no matter how much you play. If you don't play enough to generate rake, you get nothing. If/when you do, you get paid weekly. There's no cost and no downside -- pretty foolish if you ask me for any player to leave that money on the table if they're eligible to get it back. They must not like money.

I've made over $100/week in RB before grinding 25NL and 50NL. Granted that was when I was 9-12 tabling and putting in about 10K hands a week, which is a bit much for a casual player but nowhere near what the full-time grinders play, many of which actually make their profit from RB while only breaking even or slightly losing at poker itself. If you're primarily a low-stakes single table SnG or MTT player who just plays a few games a night or week, you won't see much RB, but still it's foolish not to go ahead and sign up for it as soon as you can. You never know how much your game might escalate in the future, and you won't be leaving that money behind.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm one of those FullTilt players that do not have rakeback, so I wrote a note to myself to get on it as soon as possible to try to receive rakeback. I can't go along with the 2 day strike, as I need to go earn my 1 point to qualify for the One-A-Day freeroll in the Iron Man Challenge. I have written to FullTilt and asked is there an affiliate linked to my account.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's keep all of this in the existing thread please.

[old thread link removed ~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.