Raising From The Button

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing position aggressively in poker is a must in poker to be successfully chipping up. When everyone folds to your button you must be attacking the blinds. Then follow up the flop ( if Called preflop) with a decent size continuation bet. This will often take the pot down but being aggressive is a must. Deep in tournaments getting this dead money between the blinds and antes is key to winning and adds up.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if you are playing a cash game, it is preferable to rise 1 or 1.5 BB, but in a tournament it depends on the moment (if the bubble is next, the stack size of the opponent, among other factors).

In any case keep in mind that it is better to re-raise than to call and give your opponent an opportunity to see the flop.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...depends on players..sometimes pace of game...raise 3 to 4 times blinds...thanks darrell

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player has his own level of the minimum bet at which he will throw his cards in the trash! I always say, take notes about your opponents ' style of play, and then you won't get an all-in in response to your 5 bet

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I had been playing a raise only strategy fro the the button but then a twitter post of a quote from bencb made me realize that limping from the button allowed me to play many more hands profitably from the btn.

https://twitter.com/raiseyouredge/status/1048654540080381953?s=09

Those tweets from bencn is pure gold , I follow him on tweeter too. This trend is very common lately and as bencb said in increases your range so much.
On the other hand if you have some weak players on the button who don't defend as wide as they should the open raise option is the only strategy for me.

Don't forget that open limp is good but what will happen if a strong opponent hit his hand postflop because you let him see a free flop by not open raising? :fight:

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't forget that open limp is good but what will happen if a strong opponent hit his hand postflop because you let him see a free flop by not open raising? :fight:

I am trying to play as many hands profitably as possible. Sometimes you are going to get beat. Just say nice hand and move on to the next hand, tournament...

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend, every time no one gets in the hand and goes to GAP when I'm in the button I usually open between 45% and 50% of my range, of course I will not open hands that flop very badly, but I already have my range built for it. And it's up to you to sit and build your pre-flop open raise range from the button to GAP.

C

Celebdactyl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not recommend open raising any 2 from the button usually. In a tournament, the situation might be right, or if you have a read on the blinds (especially BB), but raising any 2 makes you exploitable. BB can start to 3-bet very wide.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't go overboard with a raise in this situation, 1 or 2x is all. I want to take the blinds, but, not scare them off either.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise or re-raise depending on the opponent and pocket cards...

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are sitting on the button, all fold round to you and there's only you and the blinds left in. The blinds are there because they have to, so do you take adventage of this?. It doesn't happen very often so I do. Unless one of them has caught a hand you can pick up the blinds..How much do you raise to get them to fold?. Do you have a minimum hand?

:confused:

I try to evaluate the trends and frequencies of the players on my table, so I can see how they play their hands.

Facilitating specific range selection when playing with each type of player.

Usually BT is used to steal blinds, however you can try to use reverse thinking, exploiting more value and folding more preflop moves

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, I raise 3BB. If I have a strong hand, then I can press all-in when re-raising.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should always try to steal the blinds..)))
without this, the stack will decrease...
3-4 bet... will be enough... opponent reraise - fold.. if the bad hand...))
:bike:

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually raise x 4BB, no always works because sometimes they get a nice hand, and depends on my hand if i go on or not.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny, but I can't steal the blinds every time they don’t want to give them away, and all attempts to do it with the cards of the basket will not succeed for me, only when there are very dense players in the blinds that I get theft,

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing with the button. More opportunity to bluff unless you're up against a calling station.

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are the last to act and all before you give up you only have to pay the BB value to take the pot, plus if there is still another player and you want him to drop his hand and only double or triple.