Racing in Poker!!

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether you get it in bad with jacks against kings or AK off against tens we gotta race somtetimes during a poker game. I personally dont like to i seem to not hold if i get lucky or always get out flopped lol. How well do you run can you win em or does it all seem to even out.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It seems to even out in the end for me although the losing streaks can be frustrating. I've had games where I've won multiple flips and stretches where it seems like I can't win one to save my life.

It is a roughly 50/50 chance overall, which is why many poker guides advise you to avoid these preflop all-in overcards vs. pair situations early in tournaments if possible.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest keeping a log of all your pre flop all ins against one opponent, tracking whether you win or lost the hand, the % of equity you had after the all in (the pot size I also suggest as I dont do this but its a way to factor in big vs small all ins, also called Sklansky bucks) and then you will see how you are running in these specific spots. Over time it does somewhat even out but you will see you are either running good or bad. What it does it is makes you stop blaming everything on bad beats because you will see you are not running that badly over time. What usually happens is you remember the bad beats but you dont remember the times you sucked out. Tracking this can help your game too since you will start to memorize how much equity one hand has vs another and you will stop blaming everything on bad beats.

As of now after about 2700 hands on ACR I am running to the bad .75% which is not too bad but a little more than it should be for 2700 all ins but on the betonline sites I am running 2.64% to the good at about 650 all ins which is way out whack and I am running exceptionally good.