quiet mind

Mandhollo

Mandhollo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play poker, it's important that your mind is focused and alert. You must be able to analyze the current situation, predict possible future scenarios and make strategic decisions based on available information.

At the same time, you must be able to remain calm and not let your emotions control your decisions. Poker is a game of skill, strategy and luck, and it's important that you are prepared to deal with all possible outcomes.

Also, it is important to have an open and flexible mindset. You need to be willing to learn and evolve your strategy as you play and face different challenges.

So, to play poker successfully, your mind must be focused, alert, calm and flexible. Be ready to analyze information, make strategic decisions and adapt your strategy to changes in the game.

what do you think?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To play poker, it's important that your mind is focused and alert. You must be able to analyze the current situation, predict possible future scenarios and make strategic decisions based on available information.

At the same time, you must be able to remain calm and not let your emotions control your decisions. Poker is a game of skill, strategy and luck, and it's important that you are prepared to deal with all possible outcomes.

Also, it is important to have an open and flexible mindset. You need to be willing to learn and evolve your strategy as you play and face different challenges.

So, to play poker successfully, your mind must be focused, alert, calm and flexible. Be ready to analyze information, make strategic decisions and adapt your strategy to changes in the game.

what do you think?
I think you are completely right. It is tough to put all of that to the praxis of continuous gameplay, but if we try and can apply all that you said, it is fantastic. The results would be overwhelming!

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

what do you think?
You are exactly right. And I wish I could be as skilled as "the perfect player" you describe. Only one way to reach this goal: Keep learning and be patient.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At a very high level I would guess you are 100% correct (I wouldn't know because I will never get to that level), but at the recreational/fun/freeroll level I would disagree because there are so many "wild cards" at the table. I think at the low level good notes on players and not playing "by the book" will actually get you further. I actually often times slightly distract (open a second game, turn TV on or music or play on the phone) myself from the game when I get deep into it at the recreational level just so I am not OVER thinking my plays too much.... just play the cards and the people at the table.

But yes at the high end level of the game almost everyone need to fully concentrate (except for the handful of crazy players we often see on TV).

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Straight talk 100% Focus and analysis are the biggest part of the game of poker

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You are right in what you say, but emotions are hard to control in a game with high stakes, that's where the real poker players are seen!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Who says you cant have like 3452189126 different emotions during one poker session :unsure:

Last time i practiced "quiet mind" then ...

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Quiet ?? Yeah , why not . Calm , relaxed , yes ,it can help . But remain on this tranquility state is hard while playing , with all the bad beats that RNG delivers deep in a tourney 24/7 :)

S

ShishaKong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
That is completely. Focus to the Game is very important!

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips

what do you think?
You are right, I will apply it when I play poker.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

what do you think?
You say everything correctly, it should be so, I always say this to myself, but it is difficult to restrain emotions when there are failures, when there is a war in the country and a lot of other problems:cry:

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I completely agree, we have to be open to constantly evolve.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

what do you think?
Everything in theory is fact, in practice (mainly online) it is very difficult, playing live, I can follow 90% of what you wrote.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

what do you think?
It would be very nice. I have been working on this with myself for some time and I am convinced that the state of mind you are in has an effect on the decisions you make during the game.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with all you said!