Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going to work on creating a few new emotes and a new poker style overlay for my stream. Get stuff prepared and maybe go full on (80%) poker on my stream, like 3-4 days a week. Still might have a night of regular gaming in there.

Maybe start my new poker streams in March. I will be keeping the same Twitch address, though, which is in my signature if people are interested in following.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going to launch my new Poker Template Stream and get back at on Friday, February 24 during the ACR OSS #193 $3.30 Micro at around 6:05pm CT. I figured I'll have my new set up done and ready for it then.

I'll make a post about it that also follows my 2023 Poker Journey and Goals... over in the Goals section. I appreciate everyone's insights, thoughts, and opinions in this thread. It's helped me out a lot!

bermejoga

bermejoga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your personallity counts a lot to keep viewers to be watching you for hours. Also skill is very important, and Bad Beats can be REALLY funny to watch (to the viewers) :LOL:

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
For me, I prefer youtube these days so I'd have to be pulled in to Twitch by some kind of prize/s or community freeroll games even if just for fun free play on pokerstars, really anything that would actively involve the viewer community. Something fun like I think it is Hustler Hunny who would raise her 7 2 hands if a viewer sent 7.20. That was fun. Things like that.
Skill and personality and some kind of goal in mind for the streamer like those grinding up from a small to large amount. I'm only really interested to watch with hole cards displayed.

Regardless of what I prefer, just wanna wish you well with your stream. Good luck and all that jazz. :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have watched several twitch streamers , usually people who are either very well known players or just players who are interesting and funny... helps if they talk about their hands as they are playing and aren't afraid to talk to their viewers👍

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i prefer watch stream for prize but also youtube

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does anyone know if there are any videos of an online player who posts his/her tournament from start to finish?

Be V interesting to see how they played their hands 🙂
There are MANY (as in thousands). You can be much more specific in your search.... search a particular player at a certain buyin level.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My own preference is for Hole cards to be revealed and played on a delay. The part I enjoy & appreciate the most is from the few streamers who divulge their thought process on just about every single hand they play. I totally get you though on how that can really negatively impact the interaction with viewers as far as the chat goes. ie. when wanting to chat about a specific topic, I'll often put a few words in at the beginning of my sentence, so that the streamer knows what I'm even referring to. But, on that note, I don't ask about HH advice or why they've played a hand they way they did. I think this makes it much too hard on the streamer and keeps them from being in the now... for the hands/spots they are playing 'right now'. (some don't seem to mind though and can do it without any difficulty)
When watching a streamer I like to do proactively. I watch as part of my studying regimen. By seeing the streamer's cards, I'm thinking about what I would do in that particular spot, how much I would bet based on board texture, stacks, villain, icm pressure, etc. etc. (I'm not always aware when a spot warrants an overbet or a bet of <1/3 pot). It helps me to work on my own thought process by basically trying to play the streamer's hand(s) just prior to them actually playing it. (did that even make sense??)

GL on the streaming. I'll be sure to follow!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My own preference is for Hole cards to be revealed and played on a delay. The part I enjoy & appreciate the most is from the few streamers who divulge their thought process on just about every single hand they play. I totally get you though on how that can really negatively impact the interaction with viewers as far as the chat goes. ie. when wanting to chat about a specific topic, I'll often put a few words in at the beginning of my sentence, so that the streamer knows what I'm even referring to. But, on that note, I don't ask about HH advice or why they've played a hand they way they did. I think this makes it much too hard on the streamer and keeps them from being in the now... for the hands/spots they are playing 'right now'. (some don't seem to mind though and can do it without any difficulty)
When watching a streamer I like to do proactively. I watch as part of my studying regimen. By seeing the streamer's cards, I'm thinking about what I would do in that particular spot, how much I would bet based on board texture, stacks, villain, icm pressure, etc. etc. (I'm not always aware when a spot warrants an overbet or a bet of <1/3 pot). It helps me to work on my own thought process by basically trying to play the streamer's hand(s) just prior to them actually playing it. (did that even make sense??)

GL on the streaming. I'll be sure to follow!

I struggled a lot of the decision on whether I should cover my hole cards or stream on a delay. In the past, I'm streamed on a delay. If I were a top notch pro that gave insight on plays and such, I would probably do that, again. But since I am not, and I believe that my streams will be more entertaining and rely more on interactions than how I actually play, I think it's better if I cover my hole cards and interact with chat while I am playing. I want to play other chat games with chat as well while I'm playing. It would be very hard to do that on a delay. But I understand 100% where you are coming from.

I'm creating a new thread to follow my stream journey as we speak. I will link the new thread to this one and let everyone know.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I know some streamers that stream live on both Youtube and Twitch at the same time. Might be a good idea if you are looking for more viewers. I do not have time for this, but I do watch a few videos on Youtube.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know some streamers that stream live on both Youtube and Twitch at the same time. Might be a good idea if you are looking for more viewers. I do not have time for this, but I do watch a few videos on Youtube.

As a Twitch Affiliate, technically I'm not allowed to.. or supposed to stream on Twitch and YouTube simultaneously. It's either one or the other at at time. Though, I do plan on making clips of some streams, and post them on YouTube the next day.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Doing that is great indeed especially should one of them (let's say twitch) go on strike. This way you can continue watching the stream in other platform ...

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me it depends on the streamer - oddly enough it varies between streamers - and these are all poker based. but there are funny guys like spraggy, informative like lex, guys that get worked up with bad beats like jordan banfield and then just nice streamers like travis, blindguy, joshmanly, gj reggie - then i tune into some just to win like acr.

I switch over as soon as they play rap.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Watched it a few times a while ago but have better things to spend my time one. Selected video highlights of games are better.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it depends on the streamer - oddly enough it varies between streamers - and these are all poker based. but there are funny guys like spraggy, informative like lex, guys that get worked up with bad beats like jordan banfield and then just nice streamers like travis, blindguy, joshmanly, gj reggie - then i tune into some just to win like acr.

I switch over as soon as they play rap.

I love that there is still different personalities and content even in poker streams.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
The poker players themselves draw me to their streams.

In case of unknown players/streamers, thus, is very hard for them to draw me to their streams. It would need to be something about their record I would learn. Like they are crushing it online, or are some high respected wizzes which are well known coaches in the poker world. Something like that.