Are queens the new aces?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easier to fold QQ on a KJ2 flop for example and stay in the game maybe if regard not losing as a small win:D
But with AA when opponent just flopped a set of 2s you are doomed.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not notice anything like that. In any case, aces are better than queens. Sometimes there are unfortunate cases, but this is only a coincidence.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s an accident, AA wins more often.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its like comparing the Rolls Royce with Range Rover, both are class and beautiful but only one of them can bring fear and respect at the same time just by looking at, switch the words and you have my answer.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an irrelevant question. QQ is not the new AA and QQ is not better than AA. The fact that you observed QQ win more often is just because you did not see enough encounters. This is probability and it is possible that in a small number of encounters QQ wins more often. If you would be able to observe an infinite amount of hands, AA would always win more than QQ. Simple as that.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This made me smile because for me, I'd compare QQ to JJ...in other words a dreaded hand. Once in a blue moon I hit the third Q on the board but more often I go down in flames playing Lady Kings.

For some reason (silly personal bias and history) I prefer 10 10.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ will never replace AA, any pair can be just as successful. Yesterday, for example, I was twice the same player moved from 77 for 10 minutes

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a serious question? if you would actually prefer getting dealt queens over Aces please tell me where you play so I can come and take your money.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, Queens is the worst game I can play, because every time I receive these cards, I've been eliminated,I see a lot of players get into a low card game, and they end up breaking me ladies

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds of course never change even though you'll notice odd patterns that will even out to eventually approximate statistical expectations as you play higher and higher volume but it's definitely fun to comment on trends that you observe at a particular game especially playing live since individual hands stand out way more when there's only 30 of them happening per hour

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about you guys but I have been playing alot of live and online and have seen QQ win way more than AA. Are queens better than aces now? Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon

Part of the reason for what you’ve seen may be that you’re extremely likely to see the aces showdown— that is people fall in love with aces and like to show them more frequently; even as a voluntary show as if to say, “I should’ve won that hand because I was dealt the best starting hand!”

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure no. We usually remember only bad moment. Examply, sometimes I seem to I don't give good start hands, but actually, when I look my hand history, I see to a lot of good start hands, which I don't remember

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more, when we have AA, probability that someone will take good start hand is lower than when we have QQ, so it seem QQ better AA

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen the queens run hot, but more often than not the aces will win! If someone said to you give me two queens and your self two aces lets bet $500 on who will win by just dealing out the card you would be crazy not to take that bet!

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Queens can never be better than aces over a large sample size

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost with QQ way more than I care to admit. We have to be more careful with QQ than with AA, for sure.

The main advantage with AA, and the reason it likely wins 5/6 times, is that it requires two pair minimum to beat it (without pairing the board). When our opponent needs 3 or more cards to work together in their hand, it is much harder to accomplish than only needing 2 cards to work together.

On the other hand QQ, which will only win 3/4 times, merely requires a paired A or paired K. Depending on an opponents range, some may have 43% of their range containing A or K, while some may have up to 70% of the their range containing A or K. So if an A or K comes on the board, QQ is rarely going to be ahead.

Both hands can be played poorly. Both hands are just a pair.

O

oormaner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces are generally 4 to 1 favorite against Q Q preflop ,so no Aces are still the new Aces

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about you guys but I have been playing alot of live and online and have seen QQ win way more than AA. Are queens better than aces now? Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon

2+2=7:pcguru:

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aces are always aces...more than if other players brake this par or not

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Part of the reason for what you’ve seen may be that you’re extremely likely to see the aces showdown— that is people fall in love with aces and like to show them more frequently; even as a voluntary show as if to say, “I should’ve won that hand because I was dealt the best starting hand!”

That's a great point you made. Makes the most sense more people are just showing there cracked aces. Thank you!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I think Doyle is still right Aces are still the best hand to "win a small pot or lose a big one".

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Checkers are great but they lose most times to AA. What is happening in their checkers games is just the smallest percentage of wins over aces.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a great point you made. Makes the most sense more people are just showing there cracked aces. Thank you!

That’s nice of you to say, thanks! [emoji4]

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would be the point of that?

The name is association, just this... You lose a lot, or you win a lot, and you start paying more attention to specifc hand