Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm wondering how and why you came to poker
Both!
Sure at the start of me Playing Holdem, I wanted to make money and perhaps take down a Title or Two, but the more you learn about the game the more reality starts to kick in and you begin to realise it's not that easy.
Poker is not a Money Cow that you can milk and get all the Cream, Sometimes it Curdles and goes Sour, and you find yourself on "Tilt" and lose more games than you win, It happens!
If you learn that lesson early on, you can ride out the negatives and start to become positive in your game results, you can become a profitable player.
I don't Dream of becoming a World Class Player anymore, and happy to play for the pure pleasure the game gives me, Winning 50 Cents in a Freeroll or $5.00 in a SnG On-line, gives me the same feeling of achievement as when I win £100 or £200 in a Live Cash game.
Money has never been the driving force behind me wanting to play Poker, Just being able to take part in a game, and playing my best gives me pleasure Win or Lose!

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It comed as a nice hobby, but the money up top is also not a bad thing

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Everybody!
Personally for Me Poker interesting and with financial side, and as pleasure, and my development, and etc!..
If to say more simply: Poker for Me is "All and Once"! That's all!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Started as hobby and for pleasure. Turns I'm not the terrible and actually found a hobby I can make decent side money for the stakes I play and enjoy myself playing.

After 20 years though this time once I reach $2500+ where typically before I'd cash out down to $500 or less than build it back up to $2500. This time instead of withdrawing think I'm gonna move and start playing 100nl+ and regularly entering higher buy-in MTT's. Let's see how high we can go.

Cheers!!!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm wondering how and why you came to poker
Well, it's all related, really. When you win money, your mood is great and poker is perceived as a pleasure. So for me, poker is first and foremost
is the opportunity to win big money in big tournaments. :cool:

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a pleasure and also an additional income.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully its both, if not you are doing something wrong.

If you don't enjoy it you really shouldnt be playing.

If you are not winning you should be spending more time working on your game.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is both pleasure and profit. When I play poker I get pleasure, when I win money I get double pleasure. When I lose, I get upset, but it doesn't last long compared to the pleasure I usually get.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I started for pleasure in 2014 today I do it for pleasure and finance

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. After learning how to play I had great pleasure joining and practicing. I always liked the competition and seeing that I was doing well, I immersed myself more and more in the game (I was just playing for chips). Really liking what I discovered, I attended poker school, received a ticket that I used and entered the money. I played a lot of micro mtt always succeeding at the final table, after I was spending too much time in this, I started to stagger and fall. A period of over-enthusiasm followed and I was always depositing something hoping like a beginner for a sure casting. Brother, why do you insist? moreover it is more and more difficult to control yourself which is essential in success.
Now I play as much as my good mood allows with great pleasure, and when I get irritated I don't get angry, I withdraw in a few hands if I have and leave it for another time. I haven't made poker too much yet seriously, I still have a lot to learn and practice with myself.
Good luck!

N

Naltro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I want to be playing poker for profit but based on my results I am playing for pleasure😂.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play poker when I was 18 years old and at that time I was a student and didn't work, so, I thought it was a good idea to win an extra money playing a fun game. Nowadays, poker is a hobby and I love the feeling when I win a tournament. Of course it's always nice when I win some extra money :)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, poker is a pleasure, but I love win.
;)

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pleasure from the rewards 😉

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
definitely a pleasure. because I don't have the courage to dedicate myself professionally to poker.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker for the joy of the game. When I win money, it is a bonus, but I don't expect or rely on winning money.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have been playing poker for a very long time and at the very beginning I imagined how many millions I would win. Unfortunately, poker proved wrong, and after losing large sums of money for me, I decided that I would start treating it only as a pleasure. And I still lose money, but only small amounts that I can afford, but I get a lot of pleasure from playing.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For now only pleasure, because I feel that I need improve my skills to earn money

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
14 years ago I had a very difficult period in my life, a lot of stress and several unresolved situations that I could not influence in any way, and somehow, I don’t even remember how, I ended up in a poker club for the first time in my life. From the first days I started winning and poker helped me forget about my problems, at that moment I found a new meaning in life. I started coming to this club almost every day, made new acquaintances, and that’s how my poker life began. Over these 14 years, I have made many new friends and learned a lot through poker.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play because I like it but honestly would love to earn extra money playing it.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Was always a hobby and used to get a bit of profit but not anymore im in fish mode

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Enjoyment from the game is what always motivates me. Of course, winning money is nice, but beating others thanks to skills, patience and knowledge is cool :)