Which pro would you want to learn poker from?

Which pro would you pick to teach you poker?

• Total voters
roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I selected Daniel Negreanu from this list, but in my ideal world I'd probably choose Annie Duke because not only is she a great player (especially in non-hold em games), but she's also a passionate and dynamic instructor.

Greg Raymer would be a close second.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu / Gus Hansen
P.Antonius - Since i`m a TAG player i would love to get the insides of LAG players and Antonius is one of the most aggressive LAGs out there

A

annie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided on Fergeson, it was a hard choice. He's about the best at heads up and he is extremely disciplined and doesn't let a hand get to him...ever. If I could learn to be disciplined, big if, it would be easy to loosen up. Then Negreanu, Ivey, Doyle, Helmouth.....a girl can dream

H

hacklimit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted Howard Lederer. I think he is the smartest poker player around. You do not see him much around anymore. He is just that clever! :)

garenka

garenka

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess my answer would have to be Scotty Nguyen cause imho i feel he's *obviously* knowledgeble and looks pretty cool to be around :D also i get all access to the word "baby" amirite??

*but mostly for the knowledge part*

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Matusow or Helmuth would be good for tournaments. Maybe Ivey for cash

UnknownFlush

UnknownFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to learn more from Ferguson ;)

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson of cos!!!

But seriously it would be an honour to learn from any of these players. Each has thier unique style do change gears Baby!!!!

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Negreanu or Ivey, will be my choice, I like Negreanu amazing reads, and Iveys play style to study.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm

I'm torn between Chris Ferguson, for his math skills and Howard Lederer for his teaching skills.

Having finally seen Howard play against Doyle in a wsop HORSE tourney, Poker After Dark and a WPT tourney, I guess I would have to go with him. Smart, knowledgable and able to clearly explain concepts (DVDs and Learn Poker From The Pros).

Chris almost won because he could also teach those great card throwing tricks.