Which pro would you want to learn poker from?

Which pro would you pick to teach you poker?

• Total voters
DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my first choice would be Jennifer Tilly but that probably wouldn't work out cause even if she did have anything worth teaching it would probably go in one ear and out the other.Too much eye candy;) So my real choice would be Eric Lindgren. Gotta be doing something right to win player of the year.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For nlhe Phil Gordon
For all other poker Daniel Negreaneua

D

disishtokie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would choose Daniel Negreanu because of his overall style of play, (not too L-AG but not afraid to take a few risks) and his great reading ability.

One9Design

One9Design

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey or maybe Brunson. Tough choice.

T

TrapStar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle has probably played more hands than the rest combined. He also does not have a style. He is very difficult to read.

I bet doyle hasn't played even close to as many hands combined unless you're not including online poker. If you're including online poker, then Matusow alone has probably played more hands than Brunson. Matusow plays so much online poker, he says that even when he was in prison he wouldn't have minded being there at all if he had online poker. lol

G

gambitire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mike mattasouw a.ka "the mouth"....just cause he's entertaining....always makes me laugh

Yumboltking

Yumboltking

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

Ahem .. 3 time WSOP main event champion (2 years back to back)...

and a hell of a party guy!!!

Cant understand why a certain pro isn't on this hypothetical list!!! :mad:

Probably not on list because he is dead. Sad but true, a dead man is not going to teach you much about poker and unless he's Bernie probably not much fun at parties.
By the way I picked Danny N., his reads are sick.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patrik Antonuis, would be my pick personally, the guys stone cold bluff face when he does bluff, his reading abilities, not to mention he just seems like an overall, well rounded person, who can stay focused easily

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd actually go with CTS, stoxtrader or leatherass. I'm pretty sure their experience is a hell of a lot more applicable to the kind of stakes that i could consider beating.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

Ahem .. 3 time WSOP main event champion (2 years back to back)...

and a hell of a party guy!!!

Cant understand why a certain pro isn't on this hypothetical list!!! :mad:

Probably not on list because he is dead. Sad but true, a dead man is not going to teach you much about poker and unless he's Bernie probably not much fun at parties.
By the way I picked Danny N., his reads are sick.

Yeah but its a hypothetical list!!!

This isn't a competition you know, the best answer dosnt actually win a day out with his favorite pro.

So hypothetically speaking.......

LOL :)

itlegacy

itlegacy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Herrington; observed that one of his bootcamp students is fairing very nicely after taking his training

K

KDS63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always amazed by Negreanu's ability to read people - but in thinking more about it, I'm not sure he's the one I would want as a teacher. Question is, can he teach his reading ability or is he more of a natural/instinct player?

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other...

I would love to learn from Dan Harrigton. I love his game and image!:icon_sant

evilbughead

evilbughead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro teacher

I would have to say hands down Daniel Kid Poker Negreanu.

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ted Forrest.

I have had the opportunity to play with him only once. I have sweated him on several occasions. He is just scary good. They call him professor backwards, his style can not be described.

Ted if your out there Teach me to play like you!

-Bill

R

raxmus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G. don't ask me why, I just like the guy.

R

robertvgomez2

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely say Phil Ivey. He may be a loose cannon sometimes but he knows what the hell he is doing!

T

toss88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would pick the unibomber aka phil laak because i think he's the greatest. Hes a funny guy so I don't think i'll will be bored while he teaches me, and I really like the way he plays and how he thinks.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
leatherass, stosh, alan jackson, basically any of the really good midstakes grinders. Id rather have them coach me because those stakes are way closer to beatable. Plus most pros are very live oriented, where my game will be focused on the online game.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to learn poker strategy from "action"dan harrington.
to me he is one of the best there is.
although my style and his are quite dirrerent.

P

piper_p

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would probly pick doyle brunson because hes been playing for a very long time and hes a really good cash player and thats what i like playing.

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my first choice would be Jennifer Tilly but that probably wouldn't work out cause even if she did have anything worth teaching it would probably go in one ear and out the other.Too much eye candy;) So my real choice would be Eric Lindgren. Gotta be doing something right to win player of the year.

I heard Jennifer was giving topless poker lessons at I lovepokerandbigboobs.com Go check it out ;)

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn from which pro?

phil ivey his demanor always cool at the tables analyzes everything most consistent player on the tour!:cool:

davejs1671@yahoo.com

davejs1671@yahoo.com

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip Reese would be number one on my list. I would love to be able to learn a little from a few different payers. Negraneau for his reading ability. Gus Hansen just to know what hes thinking when he plays and how he makes his style work. Doyle for all his vast knowledge of all the games. Eric Lindgren because of his style and aggression. Ivey for how he processes hands and how he reads other players.

Z

zhutzler

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to learn from Evelyn Ng because she is the best looking professional and is a intelligent player.