Preparation for session

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pour tea. To begin with, I play some other tournament, less important. And I watch how the game is going, what my psychological state is in the game.

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you start the game, you can meditate to empty your brain. Or practice the range of the two sides of the flop to warm up the brain, just like a player's warm-up activity before the game.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does everybody have their own certain regiment to get ready for play or do you just sit down and go for it...

I read the notes I have written on my paper. There are items for example: Throwing trash, Watching tilt, Playing by position, Playing brighter tighter at the beginning, Remembering itm, and so on.:jd4::):jd4:

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First I make sure I'm free, which for me is a problem as my family is big!

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relax & Enjoy & have enough $$ to play tomorrow.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
I have to have one continuous session per day, rarely I do multiple ones... So to prepare myself I choose a time mostly evening time (most daily tourney starts my time) I know I wont be interrupted.. which is every important to keep me focused.. next is I take my snacks and choose a comfy place (my bedroom) and away from people as well.. Id like to be alone while playing.. And for my computer setup everything have to be adjusted, not a messy desk.. as well on my desktop I need my poker rooms and other programs windows will organized. Finally, I sit in my spot.. warm it up a bit if its cold.. turn my music on... then click that buy in button and start the grind... and enjoy the next couple hours of my life... God poker is such a good game...

PS. at the end I have to make sure I repeat that same thing the next day

Last edited:
S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you definetly need to find a good time during the day where your not distracted. I'm sure everybody's time is different. I like to play early evening myself and listen to music also.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly must have one, a good night of sleep, and during the session I try no to eat heavy food, and nothing sweet, just some chicken salad some fruit latter.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have a good meal, be well rested and clear my thoughts of everything else going on in life.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would love to have time for some preparation before a poker session. But I'm usually running all the time and just play when I have time. I often play games while doing other activities (work or home). So my ritual is to focus on being able to do both at the same time.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to take a cold bath to wake up once and for all and take away all the laziness that fits in every cell that exists in my being.
Of course, it's my good old ally, coffee + jazz music to calm down and have peace of mind, because I know that if I take a bad run, I keep focused and prioritize my well being as a whole.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does everybody have their own certain regiment to get ready for play or do you just sit down and go for it...

This depends on the type of tourney I am playing. If it is a hyper turbo megastack, I have to be sharp and on point for the full time. So diet, rest, and exercise are a must. If I am playing a slow tourney, I need to have restroom, and food plans simplified so that I can maximize those 5 min breaks. Also I might have caffeine on hand.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I eat and I stare at the sealing for like an hour after which I am ready to play

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I always get my lucky charm and some cofee if I am on the money, some beer or rum! :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
before I start playing poker I eat and I have as many liquids as possible, usually water plus some juices, sometimes coffee :)and then I start playing:)

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clear your mind, get enough rest hours before. Eat something that will give you energy/stamina like protein

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to make sure I have no distractions, like putting the pets outside, make sure the grandkids are in bed, send phone calls to voice mail, etc.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wake up. Get up. Pee. Defecate. Coffee. Cigarette. Poker. Yeah, it's a pretty routine ritual.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, you need to be well rested, and mentally prepared for any moves that may happen during the session.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The desire and ability to play) The game consumes resources - so you need to eat, drink, sleep well)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my preparation is a lot of meditation, because mindset is the key.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I just sit and play what if I always take something to drink to avoid getting up in the middle of the game before the break comes.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drank coffee and sat down to play, no preparation.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For now, this is not necessary. But if I play serious tournaments, I will reconsider my approach to this issue.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to sit still or lay down and close my eyes and relax for at least 30 minutes before starting a tournament. During the game, playing soft piano music to maintain karma.