dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My name is Dino, and I am avid freeroller player.

For many of you, just like me, when we started our poker journey and didn’t want to invest any of our money, we started playing various freerolls.

Good or bad, you like it.
What is not to like about freerolls.
If you win, great.
If you lose, well, play another one.
You can just lose some time.

Many will say, do not play freerolls, will not teach you anything, you will lose your time, not worth it, etc…
I am just saying, this is completely BS.
Why?
Because those guys tho told you this, they are one of those who play any 2 cards all in and they never learned anything from it.

For many of you who think that playing any two cards and be profitable in long run, you are mistaken.
Why??

Well, if you get in habit to call all in’s or go with any 2 cards all in every single time, you may win something, but will not learn anything from that.
In a long run, you will need to adjust your playing habits, and do not call so many all ins right away without thinking of it.

In early stages of any tournament, many of players will go all in with any 2 cards.
Why?
Just because they do not want to invest a lot of money with playing if they don’t build a big chip-stack at very beginning and to be able to adjust their games later on.
I have done it many times, guilty as charged.

That all depends of the game structure.

Now, this “all in with any 2 cards” tactic I do not recommend with our CardsChat freeroll games.
Why?
Just because we have a bunch of good players here, who will kick your but and take your chips.
Like I mentioned above, in a long run is not profitable.

Now what.
You won few bucks from freeroll and ask yourself, what now.
Well, invest in yourself, play few low level buy ins and apply good BRM (bankroll management) strategy, if you want to be winning player in a long run.

If you’re new to the poker, at CardsChat we have excellent 30 days course created by pro poker players, check it out.

Now, if you read through our 30 days courses, read and understood concept of BRM, apply those in your game, you will be a winning player.

Just to mention few of our CardsChat players, who build their BR from nothing, just playing our daily/weekly games.
Read here about @jordanbillie who made over $15K just start with CardsChat freeroll, or here about @Andyreas here who already made 4 figure and continue to 5 figure challenge, or here about @orsino12 o and his success on 888, and their tactics to win some $$$$ on various poker client.
Kudos to them, and I do appreciate all of those fellas who write on their blogs constantly about their success, sharing their tips and tricks for success.
Thanks fellas.

I made over $1.6K just from freerolls last year, and it was OK year for me.
How do I track those freeroll games?
I created my own excel to keep track on those games I play/ed.
It looks like this:

Those numbers are not accurate, because I made this template for testing.

One of the best freeroll games are hands down hold here on CardsChat.
Why?
Because we don’t have large player pool, and the prizes are good.
Just look at our daily PS, 888, Party and GG games, you be judge for yourself.

We host Weekly, Monthly etc… games.
We host Open for all, Bronze games, just to let our new members taste our freerolls and games.

If and when you get more serious about our forum, get involved in our conversations, create your own blog and share your stories, you will soon achieve Platinum level and you will be able to play in our daily games on PS, 888, Party, GG Poker, UB etc…

We have and host few games on Replay poker to, for USA and other country they cannot play for real money games.

I am not saying that other freeroll games hosted somewhere else are not good, I am just stating that the player pool in them is huge, thousands of players playing against each other for smaller prize.

I personally played our daily games, and lately some of the freerolls on Party and ACR, just because PS made some changes to German players and we’re not able to play in CardsChat daily PS freerolls anymore.

I do highly recommend to be pro-active in our forum, read our rules & faq page, be respectful and do not share our pw to anyone, and have fun learning and enjoy your stay on the CardsChat.

We created quite a few tutorials, explained in details how to find the pw here or here or here for each level and apply for platinum lvl etc… just read through our forum.
Ask questions if in doubt, and be polite to each other.

So, what is the power of freeroll playing??

For me, to get some extra cash, to buy something nice, pay for few lunches on vacation, to get some buy ins for bigger games, etc...

What is it for you??

Depends where are you playing from.
For some of you this kind of money that we made playing freeroll games is a lot, for some is pocket change, but anyway is good to have it, to start building something from nothing.

I wish you good luck in your journey with freerolls, especially here on CardsChat forum, most friendly poker forum out there.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We have and host few games on Replay poker to, for USA and other country they cannot play for real money games.
Great post Dino. To many people just don't realize of take full advantage of what they can gain by being here and its not even the freerolls I am talking about. Hope and dreams to improve and be more in poker are here for free for all to utilize. Again, One great post Dino.

Just wish you left the one part out. Painful reminder my friend.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Great and relevant information. Thank you very much.
In general, I completely agree with you. Freerolls are a great opportunity for any player to increase their bankroll and improve their skills. Players who treat freerolls as a lottery simply do not know what opportunities they are losing.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are freerolls. What is not to like about freerolls? Free BR for a portion of your time. Many do not take it seriously simply because there is "nothing" to loose.

I play my best in buy-in tournaments, obviously because the investment needs ROI. It is not to say I do not take freerolls seriously, just that in my case freerolls are sched very early morn 1am - 4am so would play them half asleep & at times snoozing if I could even wake up to register. I enjoy buy-in tourney at a comfortable time.

Why do I play at cardschat? It is just to be with a community that shares the love for the game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Thanks for reminding what to do the next time i see you in my table ... :unsure:

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iv'e made a few quid from the freerolls, i don't play as much as i could. I only play at pokerstars, when i could play at the other sites and take advantage of the CC freerolls there. I simply do not have the time to commit to everything CC has to offer. There are also some good informative posters that give good advice on the threads, that i like to read.
Much of my poker time, is spent grinding cash, i do enjoy a tourney from time to time, but don't really want to be spending 6/7 hours in them, which is why i like the CC rolls, due to the small player pool and around 2/3 hour finish time (that's if you go deep of course)

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If there were no CC and freerolls, I would have already quit poker

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Because those guys tho told you this, they are one of those who play any 2 cards all in and they never learned anything from it.
Wise advice Dino, I'm a freeroller just like you, I usually collect all my earnings from the rooms I play and withdraw them at the end of the year.

End of last year, which was my first year on Cardschat, I
I accumulated $ 897.00 in all the rooms, of course I also managed to play some of that money playing other freerolls, but this money for many may seem little, but it helped me pay some expenses and I didn't invest anything.

As for gameplay in freerolls, especially Cardschat ones, I'm a little disappointed with some members who don't take the game seriously. Many think that because it is a freeroll and because they didn't invest anything, they play with luck, leaving the beautiful side of poker that is strategy, patience and knowledge aside.

I'm not criticizing the way they play, but I see that people often don't try to evolve, always playing the same way. I don't consider myself a great player, but at least I try to improve my game and try to learn from my own mistakes.

Grateful Cesar

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My name is Dino, and I am avid freeroller player.

For many of you, just like me, when we started our poker journey and didn’t want to invest any of our money, we started playing various freerolls.

Good or bad, you like it.
What is not to like about freerolls.
If you win, great.
If you lose, well, play another one.
You can just lose some time.

Many will say, do not play freerolls, will not teach you anything, you will lose your time, not worth it, etc…
I am just saying, this is completely BS.
Why?

For many of you who think that playing any two cards and be profitable in long run, you are mistaken.
Why??

Well, if you get in habit to call all in’s or go with any 2 cards all in every single time, you may win something, but will not learn anything from that.
In a long run, you will need to adjust your playing habits, and do not call so many all ins right away without thinking of it.

In early stages of any tournament, many of players will go all in with any 2 cards.
Why?
Just because they do not want to invest a lot of money with playing if they don’t build a big chip-stack at very beginning and to be able to adjust their games later on.
I have done it many times, guilty as charged.

That all depends of the game structure.

Now, this “all in with any 2 cards” tactic I do not recommend with our CardsChat freeroll games.
Why?
Just because we have a bunch of good players here, who will kick your but and take your chips.
Like I mentioned above, in a long run is not profitable.

Now what.
You won few bucks from freeroll and ask yourself, what now.
Well, invest in yourself, play few low level buy ins and apply good BRM (Bankroll management) strategy, if you want to be winning player in a long run.

If you’re new to the poker, at CardsChat we have excellent 30 days course created by pro poker players, check it out.

Now, if you read through our 30 days courses, read and understood concept of BRM, apply those in your game, you will be a winning player.

Just to mention few of our CardsChat players, who build their BR from nothing, just playing our daily/weekly games.
Read here about @jordanbillie who made over $15K just start with CardsChat freeroll, or here about @Andyreas here who already made 4 figure and continue to 5 figure challenge, or here about @orsino12 o and his success on 888, and their tactics to win some $$$$ on various poker client.
Kudos to them, and I do appreciate all of those fellas who write on their blogs constantly about their success, sharing their tips and tricks for success.
Thanks fellas.

I made over $1.6K just from freerolls last year, and it was OK year for me.
How do I track those freeroll games?
I created my own excel to keep track on those games I play/ed.
It looks like this:

View attachment 333683

Those numbers are not accurate, because I made this template for testing.

One of the best freeroll games are hands down hold here on CardsChat.
Why?
Because we don’t have large player pool, and the prizes are good.
Just look at our daily PS, 888, Party and GG games, you be judge for yourself.

We host Weekly, Monthly etc… games.
We host Open for all, Bronze games, just to let our new members taste our freerolls and games.

If and when you get more serious about our forum, get involved in our conversations, create your own blog and share your stories, you will soon achieve Platinum level and you will be able to play in our daily games on PS, 888, Party, GG Poker, UB etc…

I am not saying that other freeroll games hosted somewhere else are not good, I am just stating that the player pool in them is huge, thousands of players playing against each other for smaller prize.

I personally played our daily games, and lately some of the freerolls on Party and ACR, just because PS made some changes to German players and we’re not able to play in CardsChat daily PS freerolls anymore.

I do highly recommend to be pro-active in our forum, read our rules & faq page, be respectful and do not share our pw to anyone, and have fun learning and enjoy your stay on the CardsChat.

We created quite a few tutorials, explained in details how to find the pw here or here or here for each level and apply for platinum lvl etc… just read through our forum.
Ask questions if in doubt, and be polite to each other.

So, what is the power of freeroll playing??

For me, to get some extra cash, to buy something nice, pay for few lunches on vacation, to get some buy ins for bigger games, etc...

What is it for you??

Depends where are you playing from.
For some of you this kind of money that we made playing freeroll games is a lot, for some is pocket change, but anyway is good to have it, to start building something from nothing.

I wish you good luck in your journey with freerolls, especially here on CardsChat forum, most friendly poker forum out there.
🙏

You are a gem to this community. :)

Here's my two cents:

1) Freerolls are an excellent training ground to develop and test strategies for MTT success. Sure people play hands crazily, but perhaps this can be the insight needed to realize how much more there is to winning MTT poker than playing certain hands a certain way pre and post flop. Overarching macro level MTT strategies can be found even at the freeroll level.

2) Once some money is gained from freerolls, building a solid statistical base is extremely beneficial to gauge ones own game. Play tons of $1.10 MTTs and monitor ITM%, ROI%, and a few other correlative statistics to long term success. Also, compare these aspects of your statistics to other known regulars whom are winning a lot! Find the best players and try to replicate what they do best. As you get this influence from various sources you will notice your own style starting to emerge.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You said it, those who think that freerolls are not of quality are those who play with unlucky hands, great post and I liked the statistics.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Great topic. Freerolls are a very important opportunity for any player. You can learn and win a little bit.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freerolls will not teach anything only to those players who simply do not want to learn!!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Freerolls are often underestimated. It is clear that professionals or poker players who play MTTs with a $50 or $100 buy-in will not be interested in playing a freeroll with a total prize pool of $100. But for beginners, this is a good opportunity to gain not only experience, but also a starting bankroll.

Top 10 Games