Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Import manually.
Auto-import is for when you are playing at that exact moment, and PT imports as you play.
I think.

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto-import will pick up any of your full tilt poker, partypoker, or pokerstars HH's as long as you have set up the poker client software to save to your computer. From the poker client software on your PC do the following:
  • FT: Options > Hand History... Click the Save My Hand Histories box.
  • PS: Options > Instant Hand Histories Options... Click the Save My Hand History box.
  • PP: I haven't had PartyPoker on my PC for a couple years now, so I don't know the path for its HH's, but I would guess it is similar.
BTW: Auto-import will pick up any saved Hold'em HH's that are in the appropriate folder on your PC, old or new. But only HE HH's. Other games produce error messages.

Enjoy! :cool:

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I downloaded the new version and still had it importing hand as I started to play. I had forgotten about HUD when suddenly what I first took for screen gibberish appeared by each player.

I will read the appropriate documentation to figure out what the numbers mean. Since I only have 4200 hands I doubt I'll have enough of a baseline to judge how any individual player plays, yet.

It was annoying though in one respect. I moved all the little HUD boxes so they were under each players name but they kept moving about on their own.

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can not wait until the mac version comes out. I am kind of sick of rebooting to windows just to play with hud.

Z

zzzaacckk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been using the beta via vmware fusion because I am a mac user. I was wondering if anyone had an easy way to use the HUD with a mac. I dont want to run pokerstars on vmware as well. I want pokerstars to run natively on my mac because I dont want to have to start up the virtual machine every time I play poker. In addition, I hate crossover with a passion, its just too slow.

One further question: when PokerTracker3 is released will all the betas expire?

Last edited:
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer zzz's final question:

yes, of course. when the final ver is release all betas will expire. there's a chance a hack or a patch will come out illegally, but if anyone were to use that for PT3 they should be shunned and kicked in the face.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this when opening PT last night. Downloaded it instantly.
I am having a problem with the HUD though. It seems to be covering my own stack size and user name, which is somewhat of a pain in the behind. I posted about it on the PT3Beta forum last night, I am about to go check and see what happened.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you can move the panels by right clicking and dragging them...

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I figured that out just now. In beta 8 you could left click them. I got confused. lol thanks Chuck, problem solved.
Actually, another problem.
I was recording one of my tables last night and when I went back to watch it, the HUD was not showing up. Does this usually happen?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's an issue with your recording software. I'm not sure where the option would be, but I think there's one that applies specifically to overlay programs like a hud. Just try searching the options/preferences.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's an issue with your recording software. I'm not sure where the option would be, but I think there's one that applies specifically to overlay programs like a hud. Just try searching the options/preferences.

Will do, but it was working before beta 9 was released. Maybe it is because the beta 9 hud is transparent?
Probably so.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright beta 10 just realeased last night. It sounds like everything's getting polished off and is pretty well-oiled this time. The official release is May 15 and if the push that back, there'll be hell to pay :)

PokerTracker • View topic - Beta Version 10

I's still having issues with the HUD whilst multi tabling. I only get stats on some tables, and if your 12+ tabling there is some lag. It's also using 100% CPU usage. I have sent them a ticket for support I'll keep you posted.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My datamining tables aren't showing HUD stats either. I have posted in their forum. I am shown the hole and board cards, though.

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn I'm getting tired of re-typing my tourney results with each database change. I hope they have the export tourney results feature ready soon, so I can save the re-typing.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously if I cant get the HUD to work with me multi tabling, then I'm gonna have to re-evaluate what Im gonna do. Get PT3 with a 3rd party HUD, or try Holdem manager!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure they'll have it fixed by release, Jagsti.

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its telling me i have to make a new database?

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its telling me i have to make a new database?
  • Export your HH's using Database > Database Management > click the Export button.
  • From that same window create a new database by clicking the New button. I just accepted the default name it provided. (It looks like it gives a date for the new database name.)
  • Set the new database as your Default database by clicking the Set Default button.
  • Set it as the Active database by clicking the Set Active button. Then close the window.
  • Import your HH's into the new database using the manual import (Import tab > Manual Import > click the Import From Directory button. (My FullTiltPoker HH's were in a folder called Full Tilt (C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Full Tilt). The PokerStars HH's were in PokerStars (C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerStars).
Unfortunately you will lose all the manual tourney results you entered, but they will remain in your old database.

Let me know if you have questions,
Mo :cool:

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a new problem now. Auto Import Gives me a Fatal Error or something like that but when I go to manually import those same hands it works perfectly fine. Since i cant auto import, my hud also doesnt start. Any ideas?

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a new problem now. Auto Import Gives me a Fatal Error or something like that but when I go to manually import those same hands it works perfectly fine. Since i cant auto import, my hud also doesnt start. Any ideas?
My guess is auto-import is still trying to import to your old database, but when you manually import you have the new database selected. Make sure your new database is your default and active database.
From my earlier database mgmt info Database > Database Management (make sure you have the new database selected/grey bar):
  • Set the new database as your Default database by clicking the Set Default button.
  • Set it as the Active database by clicking the Set Active button. Then close the window.
Make sure that on the Auto-Import tab > Preferences tab, Import Played Hands is set to [Current Active Database]. Same setting for Import Observed Hands.

Also make sure that the Auto Import Configuration is set to pick up the HH's from the correct directory on your PC.
Import tab > Auto Import tab > PokerStars Configuration: Hand History Directory: C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\
Import tab > Auto Import tab > Full Tilt Configuration: Hand History Directory: C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any word on how stable the hud and whole program are in general (jagsti)? I'm eager to make the full move for obvious reasons but I don't want to be 12-tabling with something that could potentially crash/lag/etc in the middle of playing...

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide