Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have problems when running "Auto Import". Granted my computer is about 5 years old, but it's slowing it down plenty enough that I'm pretty much unable to keep it running while playing.
Not me, but I didn't really do much autoimporting. Try asking in their forums.

Also, there's no hud available right now (aside from the ahk script in their forums which I can't get to work), so why bother autoimporting anyways?

Just import after you play, that way you don't have to have several programs open at once.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the beta version correct .It looks good

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so why bother autoimporting anyways?
I thought that's what everyone did, and what allows HUD...? to work on your table in real time so it can show player statistics etc... I don't have it yet so I don't really know. The documentation on PT's website is too brief. It doesn't explain anything and I couldn't find any type of lengthy help file in the forum either. PT is mostly self explainable, but it would be nice.

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant get the postgreSQL 8.2 to install properly ahh anyone else had this problem.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cant get the postgreSQL 8.2 to install properly ahh anyone else had this problem.

posted about that very problem in the postgres forum for PT3 and awaiting a reply

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just my initial impression of Poker Tracker 3.0

I Only used Pokertracker 2 for the trial over the last week. and i love what it did but i am a very organized person and like things to be clean and not over complicated. This was the problem I had before. This new version is awesome. Its clean to look at and organized well. It is also so far very easy to understand and use. I will definetly be buying this.

a question out there. What program do I need to get stats overlayed onto the table. please post a link to where I can download it and such thanks. !!!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, PT3 looks really smooth. I've also been reading about Holdem manager, A worthy alternative or not?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I've used PT v2 mostly and I have to say I don't even think v3 is much of an improvement. It adds a few new features, but nothing big. Like you said, it does showdown vs. non-showdown winnings, but you can do that with other free alternatives. In conclusion, I'll stick with PT v2 and PAHUD. I don't think v3 is worth the money for the upgrade, I'll stick with what's been working.

Note: I am not saying v2 is better than v3, I am just saying that the increase in features from v2 to v3 is not enough to warrant upgrading for cost. If you haven't bought it yet, I'd wait for v3 and buy that. But having already spent my $50 on PT v2, I don't feel like spending that much more for something that didn't really look all that much better.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind this is the beta, zach. Most of the features have not yet been implemented, so don't give up on it yet.

They'll be upgrading and improving it periodically until the release date in feb - they're still taking feature suggestions in their forums even.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, PT3 looks really smooth. I've also been reading about Holdem manager, A worthy alternative or not?

tbh I haven't really looked at holdem manager yet, though I've heard lots about it.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind this is the beta, zach. Most of the features have not yet been implemented, so don't give up on it yet.

They'll be upgrading and improving it periodically until the release date in feb - they're still taking feature suggestions in their forums even.

Oh I realize it's only beta, I'm just saying I didn't see many flaws with v2.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest upgrades from v2-v3 will be the speeds and the stats - for me that's more than enough to cough up $50 or whatever it's going to cost.

3-bet and 4-bet stats imo could change online poker by giving 'good' players an even bigger edge.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't have PokerAce HUD and play at PS, I'd say get it right away. It saves A LOT of time with its feature that shows people's mucked hole cards at showdown. I know I'm sooo sick of scrolling down, having to click on the next hand, etc... Maybe there is a free program that does the same thing and is approved, but without even mentioning its other features, I'd say if you're more or less a serious player and have an extra $25, which you probably would, then grab this right away.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Chuck for the info.

Imported 40k hands into PT3 in 5 minutes with 0 errors. This thing is so sexy it's ridiculous, and it's only the beta with limited features...

OK, what is sexier, PT3 or pic below?

Attachments

• ShanaStuff3.jpg
    ShanaStuff3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 119
ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beta Version 2 now available. Am also having problems importing :( Hopefully version 2 will sort this out. TY CHUCK

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone guide me through how i get my stats on the table I tried what was on their site and couldnt understand it. I eventually got the boxes up but not the stats.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG!

No problems with download, or imports from both PS and FT. So far it looks very straightforward. The only errors in the imports were caused by Omaha or other non HoldEm hands. I play horse on occasion, it mucked it up, but did not crash it. Errors were reported and it was easy to see what caused the errors. It imported freerolls alongside money tourneys. I do not know yet if any of the analysis has them intermixed, nor whether or not I can separate them out via filters.

I have not found any hand breakdowns yet. I'm looking for leaks, and without hand breakdown analysis, this is all most disturbing. According to the way I am reading my stats, I should give up poker in favor of donut baking......... not sexy at all.

The program is sexy tho. Soothing color scheme should keep most donks from added stress and broken computers.

A lot of discovery to be done today......

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Found the hand analysis. WOW I'm such a donk! FYI I make more with 22 than with AA LMAO! J/K Only hand I always win with is AQs. Not enuf samples to be significant, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm so impressed at this point!

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[x] boosh

+ omg amazing + i lose shiloads with AKo :(

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beta 2 sorted out my import problems :p

Now all I need to figure out is why I win more A 10s and lose with A Js

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:eek:ummmmmmmm, something is amiss. I need my edges sharpened, and some sex wax!

graph.JPG

Attachments

• graph.JPG
    graph.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 111
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could have put this in that last post, but that last post is nearly perfect (LMAO) and needs no explanations cluttering it up.

It is probably because I don't understand something, but none of my tourney winnings have shown up anywhere. Is this something I have to manually enter after each tourney?

I am also confused about running PT while playing. With or without any HUD, will each hand be imported dynamically, or will it be a delayed thing and the whole tourney will get imported?

The preceding graph is incorrect, I have won and tho the real graph won't look a whole lot better, I am not the ski slope I appear to be.:rolleyes:

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's what everyone's graph will show because PT doesn't put in if you win money in a sng or tourneys. You can enter your place and winnings manually if you'd like, under the top tab "tournaments-->Enter Results", after selecting the "Tournaments" tab below it, which is next to the "cash" tab. I think...it will work, but I've only entered in winnings for tourneys I was just finished playing so far, not one's from a while ago.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks as though it goes down per buy-in so once you fill in the placings, prizes, etc. you should see the bumps appearing. :D

The graph should look better too ;) :D

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide