P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Chess is entirely skill. Luck isn't involved.
Luck is always a factor in poker. No matter how skilled you consider yourself. If that luck is not with you then you won't go very far.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker and chess are both popular strategy games, but they differ significantly in terms of gameplay, skill sets required, and the nature of competition

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played both chess and poker for over 40 years and am an average poker player and a
far better chess player and I would say without a doubt chess is way more complex than poker.
You can win a hand at poker by pure luck but you cannot win a chess match by pure luck. It just does
not happen.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is definitely more complicated than poker, in chess building a strategy is based on the combination of figures moves, noticing the opponent's intentions and the very way of starting the game, which is crucial.
Poker is about managing risk and influencing your opponent's psyche.
These are completely different games, but I love them both.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker won't be more complicated than chess because chess is played by people who don't count on luck and there's no such thing as luck decided their fate. In poker, there is such a thing as poker will always be easier to play than chess, and you have to really think about every move in chess

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Mmmm I think that poker and chess cannot be compared. Chess is a very complex game due to the number of available moves and different developments in the game. I would say that, while it requires ingenuity, it is more based on memorizing openings and strategies. On the other hand, poker is a game of chance. Although you need to have knowledge of how to play each hand, the fact that you have to adapt to a million different situations makes it a much more flexible game and one that involves reading the opponent.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Poker and chess is 2 different games, we cant compare this games, poker is more about reading the players, chess is more about strategy, tactics, variations of moves and millions combinations. I think chess is more harder than poker.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they are two different sports but at the same time they have similarities as both have strategies and are exclusively mental sports.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They are two very different games, it is impossible to compare them. In poker luck influences, in chess it is just skill

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, particularly among poker and chess, I don't have a conclusion.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Poker has an element of luck that's why it's impossible to make bots who would win every single tournament. As you know there are already chess AI bots that are impossible to beat with human brain.

You can't make a bot that would win every single MTT, even making a profitable MTT bot is very hard as far as i know.

So, yeah, i think its more complex in that regard.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apples to Oranges... the two are in no way connected.

you cannot compare the two in any way.

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a type of poker that involves alot of skills vs (normal poker where its 40% luck). Chinese Poker.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess and poker are both strategic but differ significantly. Unlike poker, chess doesn’t involve any element of luck.
The difficulty is subjective, depending on whether you value strategic planning (chess) or risk assessment and psychology (poker).

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are different games, it is not even possible to make any association and comparison. Poker is a card game that combines skills and luck. Chess is a board game where each piece has a function and objective.
In poker you can play between several people, and chess only one on one.
You can compare chess with queen, then you are being coherent. It will also be coherent to compare poker with other types of card games, such as Black Jack, baccarat, truco, hole, among others.
Comparing poker and chess will be the same as comparing a duck with a fish, although they both swim, one is a bird and the other is an aquatic species.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Each game is beautiful in its own way but totally different

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Chess is the peak of thinking and strategy, where the entire position is open and at a professional level there are no random players; poker can be played by anyone who has basic skills.