B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No Im not smart enough to play chess anyone can play poker some play better than others

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker and chess are played totally different. However both are quite complex and not entirely solved. In poker you have to deal with uncertainty because of the lack of complete information due to hidden or missing cards and random betting values. In chess you deal with the sheer number of possible moves that can be made. Poker therefore has bluffs which chess has not. NL holdem will because of that never be solved entirely where chess with better computers can easily be solved one day. So I'd say poker is more complex in a technical way where chess because of the limited brainpower we all have doing calculations is more complex in a practical way. In chess calculation power and good memory and pattern recognition wins. In poker there are more softer skills needed.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Agree with Funtast above. Both are complex and personally I don't think one is more complex then the other. Poker compared to chess is just a different type of complex. I'm terrible chess. Ok and a winning poker player. Tbf to chess I haven't worked, studied and played chess like I have poker. Never really had that much interest in chess.

Cheers!!!

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Probably,because a pro Chess player dont need any luck to beat anyone,and with some bad timing or bad luck a pro poker player can lose some hands to regs,in chess the moves are all seen,in poker the player need to think in his mind to see the game (if that makes any sense) XD
But poker is poker and chess are chess and iam not a pro in neither one yet so Lord knows LOL
God bless

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
complete information game vs incomplete information game. entirely different beasts

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I got a board with pieces a few years ago, a collector's item, I opened it, I looked at it, I thanked it in never played, one of my sons is a chess player and has asked for it countless times, I have always refused to donate or give it as a gift, I won it and it would be undone to give it to someone else, in other words, I prefer poker

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do You think poker is more complex than chess, why?
I don't think poker is more difficult than chess, maybe just because I didn't learn how to play chess :) ...... Poker is quite a difficult game, but if you are patient and disciplined, you have a chance to become a good player. I think the same can be said about chess. It's hard to be patient and disciplined, that's for sure :)

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Poker and chess are both strategic games, but they differ significantly. Poker involves elements of chance due to the hidden cards, while chess is purely deterministic. In poker, bluffing and reading opponents are crucial, whereas chess relies on foresight and positional play. Each game offers a unique blend of skill and psychology.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As a former chess player I can tell you that the best player or rather the best play almost always wins. There is luck in chess but it is minimal.

L

lanchbery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As a former chess player I can tell you that the best player or rather the best play almost always wins. There is luck in chess but it is minimal.
Exactly this. I could theoretically luck out and win the wsop, it’s incredibly unlikely but far from impossible… but not a chance in hell I beat even a regional chess player through luck alone.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both games are complex and require extreme focus, chess has no luck edge though which makes it more mental

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In chess, the success rate is low, but in poker - high, etc.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well hmm... I think in poker the moves are endless, in chess they are more finite. Although I would say both involve thinking ahead and planning your next move👍

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
No, chess is more complex, but less profitable

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
two different beasts, on the one hand poker is different every hand. one you know your players strategy evolves for each hand. In poker, you must think moves ahead and adjust your strategy with every move.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Why are you comparing chess and poker? it's completely different.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why are you comparing chess and poker? it's completely different.
Not completely different as both are complex strategy games.

I would say they are equally complex as you could spend a lifetime studying either game and still have leaks in your game and areas to improve.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is more complex than poker.
Poker is a game of chance, and chess is a game of logic.
In poker a lot depends on luck , but in chess it depends on experience and mental abilities.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do You think poker is more complex than chess, why?
I wouldn't compare poker and chess. They are two completely different games that are beautiful in their own way! Poker is more dynamic, more modern and more profitable for the typical person (I'm not talking about professional players) than chess. :geek:

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Both games are complex to the point that no player could claim claim to have it all figured out.

The top players from both games still say they can learn more and improve due to the complexity of both games.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Apples and oranges.
I play both games decently and I have to tell you that chess is completely luck-free, so it's just a game of skill, focus and knowledge, with all the information availlable. You see the board and the pieces all the time in plain view.
Poker has strategy too,focus, skills and knowledge, but it is a game of limited information and chance. Completely different.
Even compared to backgammon which integrates skill and chance, poker is more complex, as you don't know what others hold. Backgammon is open too.
Cheers!

alminoDZ

alminoDZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
There is a big difference between the two games. There is no luck in chess. This mainly depends on talent and intelligence, unlike poker, which depends mainly on luck and a certain amount of talent in addition to a few other data.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I wouldn't see it as a vs, rather as a complement to poker since chess is a good method to refine consent and quick response for people who play in turbo or hyperturbo mode since when playing chess your mind turns sharper for low price answers