Poker vs. Chess

E

EGOR77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is a more casual game than chess. Although chess is very intelligent and addictive game. So I prefer poker, but I do not know how to play chess at all:D:D:D:D

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love both

The difficult in both games are measured by the ourself skill and by the skill of our opponents. Both have many difficult levels. Certainly for negreanu, dwan and other poker players, poker is easier. But for garry kasparov, poker is harder. All of we that play poker know how this game is hard instead we know and study a lot about it. A lot of people talk poker is easy, but they aren't profitable.

Last edited:
lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in chess there is no luck only strategy and skill !!!

Huble

Huble

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion chess is more compilcated,every move needs to be very calculated and u need to be very focus.In poker u can have a little bit of luck.

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love both of them , but I like more poker , I am having more fun playing poker :D

sinergia

sinergia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my childhood I played chess, and now only poker, is it natural? think yes

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
both are mental sports, but I consider that poker carries a greater degree of difficulty having more players in the game, that is why the strategy changes if you play 2, 6, 8, 9 or 10. and what you think is a part of chance or luck is not, since if you analyze each hand are all possibilities, you can only talk about%. poker is more complicated than chess.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, there is a dose of luck that in chess is unthinkable. Chess requires a lot of thinking and pre-planned moves while happiness is in the background. Poker is a skill similar to chess, but luck plays one of the main roles.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The degree of skill in chess is significantly higher. As you said, there is no tilt, and no luck in chess. Yes, moves get overlooked due to rushing or just not viewing the entire board, but if you make the better moves, you win. In poker, you can do everything perfectly and lose because of the randomness of card distribution. Poker may be more emotionally demanding because of the luck factor, but chess is by far the tougher game. A poker player will use math to calculate potential hands, and try to get a read on their opponent. A chess player must take each potential opponent move, and play it forward for several moves (as a child I was told 8 moves ahead). In short, your hand in poker is random, whereas, in chess, the game is entirely in your hands.

T

tysfm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the strategy, though I'd say it has more poker elements given the toxicity of many of the players. It's a hard game. Genius IQ, and I still have trouble. It's also a game that makes you pay for your teammates' mistakes, so you need to be a team player and realize that your bad beats may be based upon your attitude, and other players' reactions to your play.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a lot more moves, probabilities and strategies in chess that in poker...y woulnt compare it...very different

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker vs Chess? thats not serious, you know who will win! :D

Floyd-Mayweather-v-Conor-McGregor-807388.jpg

you may also know where poker is! :top:

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is really a very clever game. Players must think through their moves on how many moves forward, 5 by 10, and also think about the possible actions of the opponent in front of

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Esli on complexity, I'm still for chess. There everything is calculated for many moves forward. And in poker, I agree, too, must be calculated according to probability theory. But this is at a very long distance, and then a more cool player will always have an advantage. But if the number of chips is limited, the player on the clearly strong card is all-in, and loses this episode and all the chips, and flies out of the tournament, and all ...

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You still don't understand... Chess is not a game, it is a science.

Poker is a game because it is part science part art.

Chess requires 0% creativity and 100% analysis and deep rooted memory bank.

Poker requires 30% or so creativity, 20% or so memory of hand odds and 50% or so dynamic analysis of pot odds and opponent's range to estimate bluffing, calling and folding being the wiser option.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you compare the warm and soft, and it does not make sense

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is much more difficult, it hurts who hurts

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rly love poker, but chess is more difficult game. You should study not less than year, if u want to play chess at least normal (even not good)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really love to play chess. Poker is also a good game, but this is really two different games.