Poker - Sports or Gambling

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker depends how you take it. Sport or Gamble. I have heard some people say its a sport cause they just play for the fun. Crazy to believe but some persons take it like that.

F

fortisimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there are many games with far more physical attributes than poker that are not considered sports.

F

fortisimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the art of deception and ability to cuont from 0-9 (golf clap) but

how boring this life would be if we watched bridge and cribbage and backgammon monopoly chutes and ladders for our olympic best.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The new literatures try to modify the roots of poker, to attract new players, but the tournaments have a bit of the sport side.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question will be a controversial topic for ages to come. Are people that win at poker and call themselves "professional" real pro, or are they lucky? My opinion is that they obviously win more than they lose and have the discipline to continue their success in the future by allowing themselves the ability to succeed and continue their efforts in their passion for the game. Whether you call it this or that, doesn't really matter. What matters is that people still wish to play the game and they are willing to make that commitment to be a poker player. If their ability succeeds peoples interest, they may wish to play cards themselves.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I would say poker is a little bit of both.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, poker is a gambling game.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling