Can Poker Ruin a Friendship/Relationship?

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No harm in laying down a few hands here and there for the sake of a good game.

Z

zander0407

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Or meet your partner in life..on the poker table

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friendship is more expensive, and poker tables a lot, why don't you play at different tables??

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and relationships too. Unless you share the same interests. Thats important

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As on friends do not know, but from a friend's wife left him because of the poker

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and not think about what the other might be offended,he's a friend and not the enemy,we must understand that it's just an accident nothing more and soon or later the chance will pass and everything will be fine

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
real friend don't take it so hard and dude if game is of money there no one is your friend

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Now everything is fine, we are friends and we do not interfere with the poker! There are many common interests! Spaibo to all who shared their opinions and advice!

greek132

greek132

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a realy good friendship of course not

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friends will not lay down aa so you can win a tournament most of the time its just table talk getting out of hand

A

Aleksandra Lipovich

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We often swear because we have a different strategy of a game, and everyone wants to impose own strategy.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody! Once again, I want to thank everyone for your advice! They helped find the right solution to your problem! I wish that you did not have these issues in your life! Read the posts in this thread and maybe you, too, will find the necessary advice for yourself !! Good luck at the poker tables.

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no friendship was ruined for me. I might feel bad when I won a really big pot against my friends but its a part of the game though

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play at the table and even on the money, then of course you can. But we need to know the kind of thing that the maps have no friends or relatives.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course poker can destroy friendships when there is money involved. I Highly doubt it happens that often though.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well thats obviously that a gamblin game like poker can ruin a friendship.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm ... strange situation, I must say. Ofcourse friendship is more important than poker, but I would never let a friend win just because he can get upset if he looses. If the both of you are good friend, you should be able to talk about it afterwards no? And if he knows enough about poker, he should know that it had nothing to do with you, but with the chances and luck. And IMO friendships can go through rough times, but normally both of the friends learn from it and become even better friends when you survived the storm. I would be more upset when I found out the friend let me win in a game.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've found some friends and a girlfriend in poker online, so for me it has a positive influence, it depends on a lot of factors.

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi the game of poker think the friendship will not be destroyed. but the money and envy in full likely ,nevertheless if the real friends at the break of friendship is not what will affect

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont see why there would be a problem, just dont dont lend or borrow if you think there will be problems

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if there is money in between we have to separate things, who sits at the table if it is for silver will want to win and if we have a friend present he would try to win us as we do, I did not succeed in poker but in other games Of letters for money with friend we have played tournaments and as soon as I won in front of my friend or they have also won me and that did not change the friendship outside the tables, good afternoon everyone

Floyd1994

Floyd1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just avoid playing with friends in the same Lobby or at least only play against friends at low buyins.

J

jeesus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u play with friends, don't play for money that means something.. small stakes won't hurt to lose

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just avoid playing with friends in the same Lobby or at least only play against friends at low buyins.
if u play with friends, don't play for money that means something.. small stakes won't hurt to lose

To be honest, I don't see the difference with playing with other people. If the both of you know the 'rocking and rolling' of poker, there should not be a problem, in my opinion. The only time you shouldn't play for money with your friends, other then some cents, is when the other one just started playing poker. But even then, the friend must be smart enough not to do that, right? Putting some money in a game or even throwing it away, stays the responsibility of the one doing it, not? The only thing you can do as a friend, is explaining some dangers.