fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is confusing.

Maybe it is your way of expressing yourself gus. Maybe I read a lack of fluent English skills as an arrogant way of expressing yourself where you may not mean it that way. You were being sarcastic, and since that is standard for poker forums, nothing wrong with that. So I apologize if I misread your intent and tone. As I stated above, I personally hope you dont make good on your threat and leave the forum, although I also dont see the need to make them in the first place.....

The only point I really had an issue with strategically was the claimed ability to put players on exactly one hand preflop, and, I am sorry, but anyone who claims they can do this with any regularity is ....uhhh..... overestimating their super skillzzz??? Its all about ranges. When ranges exist, math can do its part. I dont really think I saw anyone claiming that an ability to put players on a range of hands was less important than the mathematical aspect.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont overestimate my skills and if it wasnt for lots of luck my engrish is pretty good to

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not say the game is unbeatable. My br is healthy tyvm. I stated the fact that PURELY MATHEMATICALLY it is a zero sum game or negative sum game when you consider rake. I have also said that IMO, the game is way more than math. Sorry to crack your ego guys, but gus is one of the more sane guys ITT... Many of you seem to want to start a fight... You who rely too much on the purely math aspect of the game really are missing the points gus has made, and I have made, and a few others have made. You will be bitching about bad beats too much.

Its probably because noone knows exactly what your definition of purely mathematical is, because i personally really struggle to see how poker is anything more than a multiple street application of game theory and maths, but please feel free to enlighten us

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody folds that hand

I am surprised no one has commented on this. I would be eager to see what people do here.

1000BB behind and he has us covered...wow. How many entrants? Bubble must be still a long ways away. (We must be running like Jesus to have 1000BB after 100 hands).

We have 83-86% equity depending on his range, we are so far ahead that I guess calling is hard to resist. I know that there is a thought process that would go "If I call and lose, I lose the chance to exploit the other bad players" But I dont see letting and 80+% chance go of doubling up here something I could do. I am also not the strongest MTT player, so the extra chips would make my chance to FT so much bigger that I could not NOT call. A very good player might chose to fold, if most players have stacks in the 100-200 range, simply cause his edge is so great vs the entire player pool, that he may not want to give that edge up so early, even as a better than 4:1 fave, IDK.
nobody folds that hand at that point at least thats my opinion.:) unless its like right at the bubble i might consider a fold then. good luck.:jd4:

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still trying to figure out OMC.......

Like the cat tho.....

@gus..Who is STL?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a PURELY MATHEMATICAL poker model, all players would have equal skills, and the deals would approach flat, meaning each player got equal opportunities. Over a significant number of hands, the stats even out to approach zero sum.

But that is just a definition, poker is not solved. Players seldom display equal skills, and 'rushes' do occur.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a PURELY MATHEMATICAL poker model, all players would have equal skills, and the deals would approach flat, meaning each player got equal opportunities. Over a significant number of hands, the stats even out to approach zero sum.

Rake.

Coffee

Coffee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dj11 posted that above:

With rake: Poker = Negative sum game
With out rake: Poker = A zero sum game

A clear and simple neutral statement. Not sure why people seem to try so hard to read other things in to it?

2) when does 60 hands with people who have never played each other before serve as a good number? More importantly, did they know they were only playing 60 hands as a sample.
No one is is calculating anythings on 60 hands. They are clearly comparing two groups (albeit two, in that bad article, very unclear groups)

Do you reealy think I am that dumb ?????

get a grip on it do you really think I dont know math ?

talk to me and stop making assumptions on what I know and how I think till you have talked with me . LOL

There are many different kinds of maths. I for one do not know all kinds.

Still trying to figure out OMC.......
OMC clearly have to be Opel Motorsport Club and the cat is a fan or?:D

Noah31

Noah31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a interesting article.....my response though is simple.
Luck is when preperation meets oppurtunity.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
theres only luck involved when variance hits you............lol at the disagreement ^^^^......i think i would rather learn the math and apply it before i advance to mixing it up with instinct soul reads.....i think a good player has abit of everything in their repertoire......playing purely by numbers would get very boring very quickly, for me anyway......unless you were doing it for an income then thats different, you would have to apply standard math plays via huds to be consistent........but if you are playing for fun, then you have to take the hud off and play the cards how you interpret it using mad poker skills and COMMON SENSE

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
swear to god, ive just had about SIX queen-jacks in the last 30 minutes.....on the one table lol.......now is that luck or just a dodgy RNG

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dj11 posted that above:

With rake: Poker = Negative sum game
With out rake: Poker = A zero sum game

A clear and simple neutral statement. Not sure why people seem to try so hard to read other things in to it?

Was the opposite tbh. I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread and just felt like critisizing whatever post I could find ;)

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is confusing.

Maybe it is your way of expressing yourself gus. Maybe I read a lack of fluent English skills as an arrogant way of expressing yourself where you may not mean it that way. You were being sarcastic, and since that is standard for poker forums, nothing wrong with that. So I apologize if I misread your intent and tone. As I stated above, I personally hope you dont make good on your threat and leave the forum, although I also dont see the need to make them in the first place.....

The only point I really had an issue with strategically was the claimed ability to put players on exactly one hand preflop, and, I am sorry, but anyone who claims they can do this with any regularity is ....uhhh..... overestimating their super skillzzz??? Its all about ranges. When ranges exist, math can do its part. I dont really think I saw anyone claiming that an ability to put players on a range of hands was less important than the mathematical aspect.

Ok first off i dont expect you to believe thats a possiblity to put players on hands with your understanding . Thats your chioce . But I do believe you shouldnt make statements that I am an arrogant person because I can and have for 5 years and I am suppose to keep quiet and not let any one in this forum think that it is a possiblity because you dont want to be open minded .

I did not come into this forum to state that I am this so called great poker god that you want to say I am saying !!! I came here to talk intellegent poker with intellegent poker players .

You said your peace and I respect what you said . Now I will say mine .
First off you have limited your ability to look at things in a whole whether you can use it or play against it . once you tell yourself it cant be done you have no chance of even understanding this area .

You may have also gotten other players to think the same way and may have closed off their thinking too . My point is and always will be is to TRY to put players on hands . I stated before and I will state again TRY , TRY and Try again . Dont close your mind but open it . it doesnt mean it is for you but if you know how things and thoughts are played out you might have an edge .

BUT do not TELL ME I CAN NOT DO WHAT I SAID I CAN !!!!!!!!
I did not tell you you cant do things so dont try to disclaim me !!!!!!!!!

Mr Monkeys post to me with an example was the start of you all to try to disclaim me and not to talk to me !!!!!!!!!
Being new here that was a great welcome and I new exactly where the rest of you would fall in line :)

Its your ego that will get the best of you whether be on the felt , in here or in real life . If you cant keep it in check it will cost you .

I play off what I read at the table in real time not 10 hands behind or if you have 1k hands on me it will take more then that to get the adjustment on me when I change up .

Math players are just fine with me , all I wanted to post about is that try to get a good mix of reads as early in the hand as you can and combine them with your math it just might help you get chips and stay away from danger (or lose chips ) .

Thats all i will post in this thread . Just remember to talk with a person first before you think you can debunk them and try to make fun of them .

Again thank you for the warm welcome may you all have good luck or skill at the tables :)

gus201

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lmao. So much wrong with what you said, but fuk it.

I tried to be friendly and cordial, and tried to disagree on an adult level. I actually though a lot of what you said had some merit. This last post has dispelled my notion that it was a language barrier.

Funny that you mention ego.......

I am up for a side bet on you putting players on one specific hand pre. Seriously. Let me know how you want to do it.

(Who wants to bet on if he is up to doing more than just talk??)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gus, is english your first language?.....because if it is, you are the first english speaking man i cannot understand properly lol......i will try again when my painkillers have kicked in...

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao. So much wrong with what you said, but fuk it.

I tried to be friendly and cordial, and tried to disagree on an adult level. I actually though a lot of what you said had some merit. This last post has dispelled my notion that it was a language barrier.

Funny that you mention ego.......

I am up for a side bet on you putting players on one specific hand pre. Seriously. Let me know how you want to do it.

(Who wants to bet on if he is up to doing more than just talk??)

wow do you need a list of names ?

what will this prove and what do you care ?

you have just prove to a freind how players act and react and would like to thank you and your buddy Alffie LOl

no different then 2 days ago .

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
listen gus, what you are saying is alot of shite.....you cannot put players on specific hands UNLESS you are in a live setting and sit down with the same guys ALL THE TIME, and know their game inside out.........there is no way you could do that sitting down at a random online table........

but you are prob that guy who shouts out what they have EVERY HAND you play, resulting in you maybe getting a correct read 1 in 100 times.......does that make you special?......no.........we could all do that, but it would be very bloody pointless.....you are not a psychic my friend....

now stop attention seeking, go outside and predict an earthquake or something

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow why are you all so offended ?????

Blind is blind and now I see LOL

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are uze actually arguing over? I can't bring myself to read this thread.

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It started by me saying try to put players on a hand preflop LOL

they are trying every possible way to debunk that a player can do this LOL

we are now in the stages of being challenged to do under flech's terms now

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend