Which poker player (Pro, Semi, Amt) Player do you least favor?

P

Payout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dislike Chris MoneyMaker. I think he's a joke. I've discussed this with others on boards before. If you're a fan of moneymaker forgive me for being so harsh but he urgs me.

bigjace

bigjace

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
moneymaker lives the dream but he still sucks!!hellmuth is a fantastic player but winds me up like a watch

Tamster

Tamster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes chris moneymaker would be my least fav, just don't see much from him, lol hellmuth i do also get a kick out him, when he whines

R

RussGriffith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same way about Hellmuth. I despise any player who bewiddles his opponents abilties when they are beaten by them. *cough* Helmuth *cough*

C

CUBSWIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moneymaker has the 2nd most impressive win in poker history, next to Greg Raymar's last year... And the next winner will be more impressive than those. Because of the amount of people who paid $10,000 to get in. Action Dan Harrington is unbelievable. Final table 2 years in a row. If you watch Moneymaker's play in the Main event, he could have been takin out a few times. Who calls an all in with pocket 8's with an Ace on the board??? He gets his 3rd 8 on the turn. Thats 100% luck and no skill. And then of course, the famous bluff. He should have been gone from that tourney. You saw what happened in last years main event. He was one of the first ones out, and tried to say he was up all night drinking the night before... Whatever!

P

Payout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANK YOU CUBS! Yes I watched it, it was an impressive win because he was a rookie. Notice they hardly show the Moneymaker reruns on tv? I agree he should have been out way earlier. That's what I disliked about him half of his plays were just stupid and he thinks he's high and mighty because he caught almost everytime, what really ticked me off I'am sure you caught this is his POOR TABLE MANORS., When him and Ivey went heads up Ivey with Pkt 9's and Moneymaker with trip Queens and Ivey caught the boat moneymaker was SO QUICK to call all in and then started tossing a fit because he saw that Ivey had it, I mean yeah trip queens is a reason to call it's just the way he held himself. Acting like a 5 year old. I just feel his all around game performance was crappy.

Did Fossil Man Buy in? I know moneymaker didn't the 1st go around he won a seat.

P

Payout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P.S. Me and my group of poker buddies about broke the tv when moneymaker caught his boat to beat out Ivey, we really wanted moneymaker out!

P

pimpery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
By far MoneyMaker is the most annoying and least talented players to ever win, but do you really think Raymer didnt caught some major luck late tourny? As an answer to an earlier question posted Fossilman won a seat online, he was also bankrolled by serveral Foxwoods players and had to pay investors about 60 percent of the 5 million, not a bad payday still lol. As for table manners hellmuth has none moneymaker is a child but the best player (and very respectful) has to be Daniel (he's also Canadian as am I :p ).

bigjace

bigjace

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what really gets on my pips is the attitude that most pros have towards internet players.sometimes think that the top twenty or so would be happier with their own tables as they know each other inside out and they can say how great they all are

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm all this about moneymaker but varkoni gets my vote

moneymaker is a non entity as far as I am concerned

C

charterboss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HELLMUTH is so far on the top of my list I don't know if there is room for others.. I don't like anybody telling me how great they are --over and over and over... The great players like phil Ivey and howard L. and the such hardly say a word.

which brings me to my 2nd least fav---mike "the mouth" M. (can't seem to think of the spelling now)(but you get my drift) same reasoning.

T

Thors1982

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone likes Hellmuth

:) he is certainly my least favorite player

I already replied in the other topic but my favorite players are Daniel and Phil Ivey

S

sss2005

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely Hellmuth. The only reason he's invited to the big showdowns, etc. is because he gets under people's skin and that makes people want to watch him lose. He's the Mike Tyson of poker.

J

jeffarey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pimpery said:
By far MoneyMaker is the most annoying and least talented players to ever win, but do you really think Raymer didnt caught some major luck late tourny? As an answer to an earlier question posted Fossilman won a seat online, he was also bankrolled by serveral Foxwoods players and had to pay investors about 60 percent of the 5 million, not a bad payday still lol. As for table manners hellmuth has none moneymaker is a child but the best player (and very respectful) has to be Daniel (he's also Canadian as am I :p ).
Moneymaker is a great player....Who wouldn't despise someone who wins all the time...it just isn't right. I'm sure if Moneymaker wasn't so damn good people would like him more

D

dave1957

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

monetmake you still respect the guy for what he did. Came from no where and was able to win a chapaship on his frirst time out. And was able to beat the pro's at thee game. So you might say that the online player have just as good chance of wining as the pro's

Y

youngbuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth was the youngest wsop winner he just gets crazy and whats 2 hate about moneymaker hes a damm good pokerplayer. i mean if u were in hellmuths or maker shoes how would u act if u just lost your chance at 1.7mill you figure it out.

D

daka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moneymaker did a great job for sure, but he seems to be a one hit wonder, jury still out but deliberating fast! Helmuth, hell mouth, enough said.

P

Payout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Moneymaker did a great job, Just like Fossil, or the kid from "the crew." He won, great job. He's still an @$$. I don't dislike him for being a good player, I could care if he was a god at cards, or one of the crappiest players alive. He's an @$$. Agreed a one hit wonder. Anyone of us could be in his shoes. He grabbed a seat off the internet and won. Did a fine job. He just has poor table manors I feel he forgot he wasn't playing behind a screen where he could act a fool and no one would see.

N

NextChamp

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK Hellmuth is a gimmee, but I agree with Charterboss that Mike the Mouth is my second bet. To taunt other players childishly and then try to shake their hand is....well childish. And to top it off he cried like a baby because he didn't win. Gimme a break.

R

robbic3333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be knocking on any of the pros obviously they just don't get lucky to beat all the best players in the world but PHIL IVEY all the way

mikester47

mikester47

Freeroll #8 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth easily the biggest cryer in the game. I hate his guts

MDR86

MDR86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a toss up between Hellmuth and Mike the Mouth. The both think too highly of themselves. But at least Hellmuth has 9 World Series bracelets.

O

okterrific

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite is Howard Lederer. just love his play and his stare downs.

But on Moneymaker , i dont get all the hate. did he get lucky a bunch of times? sure but hes a good player. Also are we forgetting he finished 2nd in the Bay 101 WPT event (phil gordon won ). Plus i think in 2004 WSOP he just missed a final table in an Omaha event(if memory serves). All these things cant just be luck. i think he deserves more respect than hes getting.

Last edited:
P

pipedreamz76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like that guy that screams like a hyena.anius williams or something like that.