Poker or Partner?

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what will you choose if your partner says it's poker or me?

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I had a period when I spent all my free time playing poker....After 2 weeks I had to choose too....I chose my girlfriend!

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is an odd choice. You need to allocate your time so that your partner is happy and has time for poker.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My wife does not allow herself to give me ultimatums. Therefore, in my case, this is an unrealistic option.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
In my previous comment, I pointed out that now I play poker not all of my free time, but rarely, usually on weekends...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think your partner should understand that you are playing your favorite game and you can even make some money from it, and if she is very smart, she will understand and will not mind it, well, if you certainly don't devote time to it at all, then of course your mistake is to take time because all the girls love attention and without this, no way or just give her a lot of money she will find something to do with herself:I CAN'T laugh:

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The right partner won't make their partner choose and will accept the other person for who they are. Long as the one partner has their poker hobby under control, plays within their means $$$ wise and has a good poker/family/life balance.

Cheers!!!

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The right partner won't make their partner choose and will accept the other person for who they are. Long as the one partner has their poker hobby under control, plays within their means $$$ wise and has a good poker/family/life balance.

Cheers!!!
my question was hypothetical, just to imagine a situation and how you would act upon it :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Delicate problem 😀. before I was in first place in a tournament, I started playing it while my wife was in bed to rest. What do you think appears in front of me in the mood to talk and in five minutes I am eliminated from the tournament. I think that even if they have nothing against your hobby, you need privacy 👍

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello I would not like to have to choose between me pareja or the poker. But if I have no option elijo mi pareja.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My wife would not make such a demand. If your partner does - run! Run far! Run fast! She is not the one for you. And warn all your friends about her. No one should be that selfish.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you balance everything right, it won't get to that point.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
my question was hypothetical, just to imagine a situation and how you would act upon it :)

I know and my answer pretty much tells how I would react. I've been in that situation. I now have a great woman/wife who supports my hobbies as I support any of hers.

My advice to anyone who's in a relationship with a person who doesn't support their hobbies is it's best too find some one else to be in a relationship with who will support their hobbies. That is of course if one is in full control and not gambling anyway all the money. Having a hobby shouldn't be a problem between couples.

Cheers!!!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't think there will be such a question, and if it does, it's poker, of course.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be honest, the question would never arise in our Household, My Wife knows I am sensible when I gamble on anything and I have made some big Gambles in my 67 Years.
But if it did I would have to say The Wife comes first, I can Live without Poker, but I wouldn't last long without her.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It all depends on the mood of the woman, if she is in a bad mood, poker is better, if she is in a good mood and there might even be sex, then of course the woman.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will assure you that poker and my partner are both important to me.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am divorced. But of course, if I had to make such a choice, I would choose a partner.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think you would really need to ask yourself why your partner is making you choose?

Perhaps the "solution" isn't in the choice you make, but in the path the question being asked leads you to.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree w/Jordan ☝️. If someone love's you they won't give you an ultimatum for your happiness, it will always come first. ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would choose poke her... and then play some poker

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I believe that in a healthy relationship you should be able to live together. You never have to stop doing what you like. If you don't accept what you want to do with your life, without hesitation, I would choose poker. That's why I'm still single ;)