Poker is Not For the Poor

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it is, if you are mostly playing for fun and not dropping all your money on it,

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game, and as any other must be played by the fun, so the money is just a plus, not a determinant

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with you that poker is only for the poor. Some of my relatives from China are grinding micro stakes for a living because it's more profitable than working for a salary without a degree.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not divided into poor and rich it is divided into good and bad players because you can be an millionaire and lose everything in poker if you have no skills and self-control

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion that poker at all not for poor people. You play NL1 or NL1000, in tournaments with bye - other $0,25 or $100, the nervous tension is identical provided that you are able to afford these tournaments. That is, if you are the wealthy person and you can dare $10000 to put on банкролл, you will worry and worry about them no more, than the person with a salary in 10000 rubles will worry for банкролл in $10. A difference only that for identical nervous and time expenditure in the first case you (at best at successful game!) you will receive $5 a gain, and in the second $300. To rise on limits from NL1 to NL 1000 or it is similar in sit-N-gou from 0.25 to 100, the probability theory (remember about tossing of a coin with limited and unlimited number of times) won't give and it will be necessary for time much, more simply and quicker to earn and throw on банкролл in addition. Here before you two players: 1. The person who shivers for the 100 dollars of a bankroll, playing the CIS $1,5 on a bankrolla, at it the mood jumps, he worries, wins, loses and in 5 hours of game which were tired and exhausted by continuous differences of mood, a motionless pose and the screen of the computer receives $10 a gain. 600 rubles. It is worth it? I think, no. Another with under the same conditions receives 100 dollars of a gain. It is worth it? 6000 rubles. I think and. Strongly don't carp at figures, and only I wanted to inform that in poker if it is interesting, it is necessary to start playing at once from the normal sums which besides aren't a pity for losing. Only this way game can justify itself. Agree?
when we sit in the table we all are the same
does not write to anyone on the head "poor"
If someone has more money, it does not have to mean that he is smarter because of that

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with u. But I don't have money, that's why should play at low limits:)

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just as much fun, actually more, playing at PokerStars for play money. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, anybody can play. A big advantage (at least I think so) to play money is that you get to play against a lot of Americans.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a friend who wrote everything that counted zero and waited for $ 5 from the league, won a little money on the freeroll and began to play small tournaments and now two weeks later he has more than $ 800 on his account so you just need to be able to play well.

Last edited:
M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do not understand this post .. poker is not for the poor ?? .. I really do not know other poker rooms but I know people who have gained fortune by playing for a free game that gave you pokerstars like martin pastor .. Argentinian poker, which won a tournament that gave you the possibility of traveling and achieved it,:)

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you invest money in poker, consider it lost. You will play with more freedom in your game, and trust me, the improvement will be huge. Let me put it this way. You can afford depositing 10$ every lets say 10 days. If you lose it, its not big deal. While 10 days pass you have more time to make your game better by just studying it. Next time with your 10$ you will do much better. Just have a plan what you are going to do with that money before depositing it.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Poker Is Not for People who can´t Afford it!

I will Rephrase it to “Poker In Not for people who can´t afford it”
It Applies to all kinds of games where money is involved to participate: Poker, Slots, Bingo, etc.
I have seen people begin for pennies to pay the entrance to a 0.05 Tournament and that is not only Sad is disgusting, due to the fact that they are risking the few pennies they have instead of buying essential needs first. :angel:

C

Czarli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be use like a instrument of hazard and can be for us sport game and can be used for fun. In my opinion every, every player know why he play and should be start from some low stacks. And Every Player have a choise.

When You your build own bankroll from 0$ and have less than 1000$ of course and play good becouse Your few dollars grow up I think that people are a good manager of their bankroll so they don't care excessive ("what about my money" "oh God, what now") and can be still cold even if their money lost.
Becouse they know that Poker is a game of probability.
In the same situation some "rich" player (I think it's poor / rich like a bad / good are the relative concept) would be very, very angry when he lost his (maybe last) money.

When You said that "Poker is not for poor" I thought that is point of some big idea and I dissapoint . I think that Poker is the game for all mindfull poeple.

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! it does not matter whether you are poor or rich. poker game for all people with different total stakes and limits. so play poker, learn poker, analyze your mistakes, improve your game and of course win. good luck to all!!!

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with an opinion, poker is for everyone, simply if you dedicate time to study, improve your ability and enjoy your game, will come results. In question of managing banking, I can start from scratch and achieve favorable results, in my case when I started playing poker the first year of rookie, I managed to win almost 10 thousand dollars in prizes. I think it's possible xq with experience I say it.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
only play with money that you can afford to loose

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this! Poker is a game of chance! People will not go from nl1 to nl1000 immediately! Good luck on your poker journey!

Egorov Alex

Egorov Alex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people - so many opinions! Poker is a gambling game with win-win chances of a dealer (poker room). In this case you are the sponsor of the game. Losses from losses for you will be heavier and heavier. But the excitement you can not stop. You have it in your blood. Make the only right decision-play only on the funds that you are "ready" to lose. And most importantly, if luck on your part - stop in time!

A

amine duc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think that .... poker is for all people

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't poker for anyone who wants to and enjoys playing.

I must admit, I'm not ahead in money by any means. But that doesn't mean I can't someday change all that. I have to learn to play within my bankroll and nothing more.Then I'm pretty sure I will have success. I know somewhere in me is a very good poker player because I have come in first in many freerolls and small buy in tournaments. All I know is that it's fun for me to try.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
disagree. categorically.
I play the last, or even the Freeroll win...

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of players probably start out with the free rolls, in which case, there are really no worries about finances. I have managed to build a very modest bankroll doing this. Mine is not a case of being 'poor' but more of a case of not willing to gamble my personal finances on an online game. Others will remind you that if you have a little bit of spending money that a night at the bowling alley and other forms of recreation also cost money, so why be afraid of spending a little on the occasional poker night? It's definitely an individual and/or family thing in my mind. While your finances may prevent you from starting out in money tournaments or cash games, a lack of money clearly does not rule out the possibility of the enjoyment of the game in general--i.e., recreational poker.

I absoultely agree with you. You wrote down my words ! And I always like the freerolls, not because I can't afford a tournament , but I rather like winning money with nothing :p

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but there are many bad ones players.It's some fun for some, and some really want to make money.It's very hard to start from zero and build a profit.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of players probably start out with the free rolls, in which case, there are really no worries about finances. I have managed to build a very modest bankroll doing this. Mine is not a case of being 'poor' but more of a case of not willing to gamble my personal finances on an online game. Others will remind you that if you have a little bit of spending money that a night at the bowling alley and other forms of recreation also cost money, so why be afraid of spending a little on the occasional poker night? It's definitely an individual and/or family thing in my mind. While your finances may prevent you from starting out in money tournaments or cash games, a lack of money clearly does not rule out the possibility of the enjoyment of the game in general--i.e., recreational poker.
Agree!
I'm still asuming that at increased stakes more skill is required.
The large number of poor players at low levels/freerolls for mee means:
- larger variance
- easy to collect chips
The best news when playing freerolls: you cannot loose!
(freeroll winnings are like hemorrhoids; sooner or later every *sshole gets one)
P.S. I'm still enjoying freerolls, building bankroll takes time...

V

ValentinBLR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quite logically conveyed information. Perhaps in something I agree with you. Well this is a hobby, and if you also get to earn without straining in a hobby, this pleasure))))

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$ 100 is not a lot of money, so having a bankroll of $ 100 can safely during the day - 8 hours to earn $ 50, per month $ 1500, poker for all