poker, no limit or limit, what is your preference and why?

W

wrapper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play quite a bit of limit hold 'em. That's how I got started in this game ages ago, and I did pretty well in it. Nowadays it's so hard to find a good game and limit tournaments are sparse, so I pretty much exclusively play NL now.

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In NL you train self-control. You can be chip leader but one hand can damage it. So every hand you should be attention for stack.
Of course, pot limit is not easier but if you want to showdown you sure that you will not be eliminated after hand (ex. 2 players, you have big stack, >> pot on river).
So I like no limit, it's more popular because it's more gambling for fishes but not for good players.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play no-limit hold'em. In the limit there is always someone who will collect a combination against your premium hands. In the unlimited, it's easier to protect by raising to a larger raise.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a limit game aggression, like a bluff, has also no value because of limited rates. If at a game in unlimited poker you can take away bank in 75-90% of cases thanks to aggression, then in a case everything happens to a limit game on the contrary. The percent of withdrawal of bank by you will make 10-30% that represents insignificant figures for a productive and profitable game, especially if to consider high probability of opening of a bluff. As a result it is possible to draw the following conclusions. If you belong to the category of the players preferring a quiet and prudent game in which everything becomes on mathematics then your unconditional choice is a limit poker. If you – creative nature which approaches each distribution creatively prefer risk and an extreme, then you are simply obliged to choose an unlimited game.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer to play unlimited Hold'em in it more options and so it is more interesting for me !!! although limit hold'em is also an interesting game in it you need to have your own strategy to win !!!

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather play no limit at all times

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer pot limit, as this does not give kamicaz players a chance to ruin a match.

No limit all all day everyday and twice on Sundays! You can at least protect your strong hands. Can't stand playing limit

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I began playing limit poker , I couldn't make opponents fold . They got to river with every card busting and cracking every hand I held , big losses .
Now with no limit things are way much better , no comparison at all , all in scares limpers (most of the times) and ATC players or drives them insane ant to bad calls . Feels much better :)

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No limit because it gives you the best chance to win the most money possible.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer pot limit, as this does not give kamicaz players a chance to ruin a match.

I would definitely say NO LIMIT because it gives you the ability to take all of a bad poker players chips when they make a mistake. If your playing limit games you have to be much more aggressive and get involved to really get an edge over your opponents. When you play no limit it give you the ability to pick your spots and win big hands when you know you have the best hand over your opponent.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play no limit Hold'em,but very rarily I play pot limit.I really don't have preferences,so if the tournament is good,then I will play it.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no limit, you can make more plays with no limit, and make the opponent fold hands that they won't be able to fold in limit/pot limit

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
“Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art. In limit you are shooting at a target. In no-limit, the target comes alive and shoots back at you.”
-- Crandall Addington, Texas oil millionaire
A great comparison of the two games. My preference is for science, so that is where I focus my studies. You should see my art work - NOT. So I shy away from NL, but will play if that is the only option available.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game of omaha pot limit, hold'em no limit