Poker and mental health

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In which way does poker affect your mental health? For me It sometimes impacts my sleep schedule plus some fatigue sometimes

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's why I think it's important to combine physical activity before playing

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker will affect your mental state almost always because you can get very upset when you play for 3-4 hours and then fly out in one hand when your AA loses some card and you're very angry and there's nothing you can do about it and you close the tournament and go to bed and these thoughts won't go away from your head because I played so much and that's it then a couple of hours later yours thoughts will calm down so everyone has it I think you can overcome these thoughts in yourself

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is often negative, you need to understand that a hand with a minimum equity can win in this game, you just need to understand that making the right decisions does not guarantee winning

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
When I lost all in in flop with good hands usually pair ases against weak hand, this make me feel bad, but I keep calm, take a break or stop to play this day to recover this strike.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
We are human beings...so by nature we are full of different emotions that affect our health in one way or another...and we have all experienced emotions when we play poker...knowing this...we should not play with the money that is not owed... since losing it would negatively affect our mental health...

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is no brain anymore, I lost it with poker😂😂😂😂

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think if you see it from another perspective, poker helps your mental health a lot.
You start thinking on how to outwit your opponents.
Improve your mental health by playing more poker...

The bad beats, and frustration of losing is a very small element, which by playing more poker will overcome the negatively...

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing poker is a serious mental challenge. We need serious work to develop psychological stability and, of course, you need to take a break from poker sometimes.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker has been instrumental in me turning my life around for the better, CardsChat probably even more so

Nothing is good or bad, perceiving makes it so.

Poker can be an amazing, positive, fruitful pursuit for you, it can be the opposite, and also anywhere in the middle.

It’s important to be mindful, observant and honest with our perception of reality.

Also, it’s all relative… 😙🎶🎵

For me poker has been so helpful because it helped distract me and get me away from lifestyles which were really very bad for me…

Yes, poker can be a problem for some people (and there were times when I was putting in far too much volume for it to be healthy) but that doesn’t mean it is for everyone…

I remember asking DNegs one time how he would respond to someone who argued that he (or any avid player) was ‘addicted to poker’, his response I thought was pretty good, something along the lines of- ‘Is a pro NBA player addicted to basketball? Probably- yes. Is it bad for them? No…” 😎

Horses for courses and one man’s meat is another’s poison… 😜

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I share the same thing you said!!! Schedule changes, mental fatigue, sleep, it doesn't seem like it but what we are passionate about wears us out a little.. greetings

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play late into the night. I schedule my play sessions so they work within my real life schedule.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The poker player must join his time . For me every day I make a schedule of tournaments in which I want to participate .Because poker is a mental game . When the mind gets tired the game ends .

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In which way does poker affect your mental health? For me It sometimes impacts my sleep schedule plus some fatigue sometimes
Hi.
My daily routine is arranged in such a way that poker brings me only joy and satisfaction. Thanks to daily meditation, I always feel great and full of strength and energy.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Michael Anthony had a great quote from back in his Van Halen days that went something like..., "We're not this way because we're in a rock band. We're in a rock band because we are this way".
I grew up an only child w/a deck of cards for solitaire and lied constantly to my mother. I think poker just came naturally. 😐

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After playing poker in the evening, it is sometimes difficult to fall asleep, so I try to play in the morning

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker tables are a battleground to test our mental strength. The more confidence we have in our decisions, the less mental stress we experience.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A prolonged downstreak is hard on mental health. At these moments, I often think about whether to play poker or not.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
doesn't affect me in any way, I don't take poker so close to my heart.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker puts me into my happy place. I was a very competitive athlete when younger an this game allows my competitive juices to flow happily. On the negative side, i does affect my sleep at times.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It helps me mentally because it keeps my neurons working!:)

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Until now, I only had a problem with the mental part when I lived from it.
When it's just a hobby, I don't get so nervous, my mind doesn't revolve around poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play for too much time and without good results, I usually start to show signs of mental fatigue or exhaustion. But usually after a break of couple of hours (or a good night of sleep), I start to feel mentally good again.

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always say that the main thing is not to tilt and to be able to stop in time. And do not forget about sports and healthy eating. Then everything will be OK.

In my case, my mental health is reflected in the game of poker. And neither sport nor a healthy lifestyle helps. Stress sucks, folks.