Poker for living?

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that poker can be played for living.
Because after all it's just a game of luck.
Secondary if you think that you can do it you will need a lot of works to become a good player.
Good luck to you.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely possible but you need to factor in the downswings and be able to cover your expenses when you have a bad month. I'm trying part time work and part time poker so I have a bit of guaranteed income aswell.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good start to a bankroll. To do poker for a living I would say you need a healthier bankroll maybe like 30k-50k and to cash in big tournaments frequently.

If you withdraw at least 2k a month then you could say you are making a living off of poker.

But $10 to $2500 is a great ROI and a good start. Good luck!

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm doing this right now, and as some here said the worst part is finding the perfect balance betwenn withdraws and growing your BR. If you have other options I'd take them for as long as you can.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 years back i had 10$ and now i have 2500$ bankroll and i havent withdrawn because i just turned 18 2 days back. So one question i am curios to know from thoose who have played for a very long time. Can i play just online poker for living or not?
Anything is possible! You are 18. Do you have living expenses (house, utilities, medical, food) OR does your family cover your living expenses? If your family is covering your living expenses then to explore playing poker as a living becomes less complicated. There are a LOT Of things to take into consideration when deciding to make poker your job. The following are a few simplified answers that will hopefully give you some ideas...

If you family is covering your living expenses...

1. Set short-term and long-term poker goals
  2. Learn and master bankroll management
  3. Study poker
  4. Play poker as a job. 8-10 hours a day (40-60 hours a week)
  5. Constantly assess your ability to earn a living at poker (i.e what is your hourly rate)
If YOU are responsible for your living expenses...

1. GET A JOB!
  2. Learn bankroll management
  3. Study and play poker (on the side of your job) to build your bankroll
  4. When you begin making enough $$ to live on, then you can assess if you want to play poker for a living (or if your hourly rate at your job is more than you can make at poker).
Don't be discouraged with what you read here... it is very difficult to make a living at poker (online or live). You have done a great job to build $10 to $2500. Start with studying bankroll management to see if you can boost your bankroll to $10k (and beyond). As others have mentioned you MUST play at a higher stake than micros to have a possibility of making a living at poker.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 years back when i started playing poker for real money i never thought about this.
2 years back i had 10$ and now i have 2500$ bankroll and i havent withdrawn because i just turned 18 2 days back.
So one question i am curios to know from thoose who have played for a very long time.
Can i play just online poker for living or not?

Yes u can, many people does it. But if you take 2 years to get 2500$(100$ per month) I don't think it can be your job, i'm sure u spend more than that in a month.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience you need a good paying job to fall back on, or a dividend account lol.
I spent last year grinding live and online. Earned above 100,000 and spend 2 grand over that....
Some years suck better than others

K

kingarthurrov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can .
But you should earn money per month more than now.
Now you earn average per month is 104$.

If pro poker will be at minimum 1000$ .

improve your bankroll and fight it .

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live Yea On-line good luck