Poker for living?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 years back when i started playing poker for real money i never thought about this.
2 years back i had 10$ and now i have 2500$ bankroll and i havent withdrawn because i just turned 18 2 days back.
So one question i am curios to know from thoose who have played for a very long time.
Can i play just online poker for living or not?

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. You would need to be able to withdraw a good amount every month while keeping a good bankroll to live from poker. You would need to make enough profit every month (or at least in average) to live from that profit, and at least get your bankroll to stay at the amount it was before. Plus if you live from poker, you become a professional player and might have to pay taxes on your gains.

So you need to build a bigger bankroll to be able to a play at a higher level, but the other players there will be better too.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. But at the moment with your 2500$ bankroll you cannot manage. For living you need to play much more bigger tournaments. But you need to keep to your bankroll so don't throw it in 1day because your living gonna be in trouble. Once you have a decent bankroll you can start grinding the bigger tournaments than you can start making money for living. But at that stage you must start attending to some live events and win more bigger money!
So if you plan doing it, good luck wish you all the best.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do the math, with this value earned in two years in which you mentioned, this gives something around $100 per month. To live, you need to cover the cost of your expenses and still be able to keep your working capital in your account to manage your bankroll. Maybe putting it in your calendar some live tournaments you can reach a higher level.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can win in poker and earn good money, but to win very good money you should have very good playing skills, try playing for a month or two to see what your results will be in bankrol + or minus and then decide for yourself whether it costs you play or not!

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt be able to tell you. i cant do poker for a long time. for me its more like a hobby

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in online poker no , because programm decide will you win or lose , in life poker may be

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think that everything is possible.
The main thing is to clearly understand what exactly you want and work to achieve your goal.
Good luck.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you decide to play for a living, understand that there will be ups and downs. As someone who made a salary from online poker, for a few years, it is much harder competition than a decade ago. It is ok to give it a shot, but don't let other life opportunities pass you by.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At your current rate it will be a long time before you're able too. You need to build a larger BR and learn proper methods of BRM. Once you understand the theories of poker building a BR will be your most difficult task. After that I believe with continuing to educate yourself away from the table as well as gain more and more experience you'll have no problem achieving this goal.

otzme

otzme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can, but I think every person should analyze your case, you just turned 18, I think you should have options other than poker, of course, if you really think about living it.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ofc you can. all you need is a good bankroll management

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never be able to do poker for a living.
First of all, I'm just not good enough.
But secondly, I woulnd't be able to play 40ish hours every week.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 years back when i started playing poker for real money i never thought about this.
2 years back i had 10$ and now i have 2500$ bankroll and i havent withdrawn because i just turned 18 2 days back.
So one question i am curios to know from thoose who have played for a very long time.
So two years back you were 16? Two years younger than the minimum age to legally play online poker for real money. And you joined Cardschat when you were 17, one year younger than the minimum age to join Cardschat.

54efbc253ba46774e27d76c9799894d5.png

Not sure this is the place to be owning up to all that.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/sug...-join-club-cardschat-378499/?highlight=age+13

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am playing poker a little more than you, but I can say that poker is following maths sequences. So in long term you can establish a performance, which means that you can consider it as a periodic income.

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes is possible but only u can know if u have what it takes to do so , it takes a lot of work and dedication putting the hours playing and studying the game , handling swings , bankroll management . not easy but possible if u are discipline:rock:

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

hmm ... no one here will give you an answer, only you know the level of your game) How many times have you been lucky for this period of time? How many tournaments and what level did you play? Play another year and you yourself will answer this question);)

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my personal experience is impossible, but when I think about it, people who succeed they need people like me

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to say until you play higher stakes,,you have a decent roll to find out.;)

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, its a game, not meant for living, get a job and play poker

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The sweet spot for poker is to play as a "side" job. It can be quite stressful having poker as your only source of income, no matter how good you are.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only you'll be able to tell. Go for it. You're young so going broke isn't going to ruin you and you can handle failure better. You have a nice bankroll and been able to advance. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't look back.

L

Larryeaton

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Takes a million to make a million"

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the level of your game, and any bankroll can be lowered very quickly

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't play poker for a living . cause I don't have the bank roll.