Is poker, For Lazy people?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think lazy people get bad at poker for not exercising and not maintaining their best game for several hours. But poker is very democratic and there are many types of practitioners

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is hard and hard work, and if you add work on the game outside the tables, it is unlikely that the lazy will achieve any success

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think professional poker arnt lazy at all, maybe the ocassional players...

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think it depends on the individual. We can not talk about the players in general. Some professional players spend several hours a day in special programs, working on their game. On the other hand, there are people who come in just for fun, not wanting to spend time learning.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people work tirelessly to become great poker players. I would not call them lazy.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not successful people it isn't! Takes lot of energy to play at levels of profitability. Not willing to put in the time, you can be a lazy entertained player who doesn't mind deposited.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, because you need to spend a lot of time on the game, this is a mental game and it is not for the lazy.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker for different people who have a lot of free time. But lazy people are doomed to failure because they will lack patience.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
never underestimate a person who appears lazy

A

astros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt say lazy, its takes alot of focus and mind control, to really play the game properly , and even then you can make one mistake and your gone

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a sport for people who have three qualities discipline, patience and aggressiveness .. I think that with these well defined qualities one can go far .. remember that the results are long term and lazy people who do not have The main quality such as discipline is very likely that it cannot achieve the proposed objectives.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting question. i would say i'm a lazy player only because the stakes are so low, but i'm still a winning player. if i put in the hours to study, then i'm positive i'd be playing at higher stakes, but then i'd be sacrificing the ability to multi task to get other stuff done or work on my other side businesses while playing. i'm perfectly fine being a lazy player but a winning player at the same time

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is for all types of players. If you are too lazy to learn then I don't think poker is a thing for you. Like others have said lazy people would tend to be losing poker players.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a bit stuck on this question,as i think,it is true! :)
Really curious what you guys think about this one

I would say that poker is not for the lazy, some players just like the game, but for some poker it’s a hobby, for someone poker is a good money, I agree that a poker race in which you need to be able to figure out and understand the game well, so I I think that poker is not for the lazy, maybe for some it is already laziness

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that lazy players that are not willing to put the work in it won't be successful,in my opinion
Those willing to go the extra mile for it on the long run will have the results that they looking for.Again..is just my opinion..as an example look at Matt Staples.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Different people play poker. Maybe there are lazy people among the players, but I think that this is not the most important characteristic.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every great player is a hard worker. Poker is definitely for not a lazy people.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, poker is a game for active people who are willing to improve the game and spend a lot of time on it.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can afford to be a bit lazy once you get deep into the mental game and are familiar with what your doing i think... But lazy lazy as in no study is total bs. Lot of theory and experience to be gathered before you can attain a level where you can be a bit lazy but still updating your skills..

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
As i quick update-a bit over week in the adventure and --- this shit is ****ing hard:) ,always thoughts to quit and go back to job..and boring life..
I play a bit above bankroll management,fully aware of it :), so far I brake even but it's frustrating cuz you expected to win..and i came to realise that you should stop think about wining and Put more work in it..results will come
By that i mean,watch more streams, review more hands -two things that we all should do no matter which stake you playing.

I am certain that things will only go forward and in a good way:)

Wish you all Best of Luck!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t believe that there are more lazy people in poker. Where do you think the lazy will take money to play poker?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I probably do not agree with you, about that, poker for lazy people.Poker is the same job as any other and to win money on a regular basis, you need to be able to play it, and to learn to play, it will take years to learn to play it and earn, through trial and error, I mean in the long term. And I think making a lot of money with poker is a Hell of a job. Not all poker players are able to win in poker tangible money. They get paid for their efforts. And I think that a lot of poker players would be happy if they got the same money that they earn on a regular job. Because poker is difficult, it's a hell of a job, you don't know until the last you earn money for the next month or not. You could lose everything and go bankrupt. Poker is suspense, adrenaline, excitement.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are so lazy playing poker that we find time to play every day and this laziness haunts us all the time)))))

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is for all people, including the lazy. But lazy people will not become successful poker players, because it is necessary to constantly work.