Poker Inspiration

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically since school restarted over xmas break I have been super busy. I almost never have time to play except for maybe an hour here or there during weeknights and sundays (occasionally). I am really am a way way better mtt player so I need like 6 hours at least for a tourney or tourneys.

With me being able to play so little my skills are really feeling unsharp and just when I play I feel like I am getting in so many "blah" spots from a combination of beats and bad play. So idk do people have any remedies for this? How do get back on your game, get that fire, maybe its a book or a video or something?
Good looks on any reponses.:icon_cycl

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as Much as possible and analyze every hand.

Yea,

Seems one should play as much as possible and analyze each hand you play. Even if you win the hand, analyze your play carefully. And, be honest with your self.

Winning a hand does not mean it was played correctly. So, every had should be investigated intensely. Did I play it right? Was I in good position? Did I have proper "pot odds"? Did I make a value bet to make most profit on the hand? Am I being patience? Am I in control of my emotions? And, it goes on and on.

Poker is a life time of learning. And, there are some things one can control if they wish: patience, self-control is among them.

Now, if I could do those things, how happy I would be. As, I tend to run emotional highs and lows when playing. Happy when I win a hand and sad when I get a bad suck out.

For example: The other day I had about twenty somthing outs in a Omaha Hi Lo game. Must have been at least half the cards in the deck would have made me a winner. But, I did not hit.

Was my luck bad or did I make a bad play? Answer: Bad play. Because most Omaha hi lo players will tell you not to chase. And, I was making big calls to chase. When I should of folded.

I am kind of rambling. But, poker is such a complicated game. That it is not possible to put your finger on just one thing to make one a better player.

Play as much as possible and keep and open mind. When in doubt about a hand. Blog it on CC and some of the better players will be happy to point out what you did "wrong" or "right" in the hand.

Good luck and hang in there.

mange

E

ElTrain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I like to watch a few televised games, like High Stakes. They usually get me itching to play a few hands. As for books I like Negreanu's Power Hold 'em Strategy.