• Poll closed .
Babolbi

Babolbi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill of course !
U need to do right choices to be a regular player !

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is considered a mental game and with the proper skills you'll be able to be lucrative at long run, it's not strange that the top players always are winners, I mean, would they get lucky every time till they reach the top?, and even more lucky to stat there? Surely luck has part in it, but it's minimal, about 15%, the other 85% is purely skill. To have skill in poker doesn't mean you'll win every pot, it means that you'll know what to do in each situation and each spot, sometimes you'll have to do the most profitable play in a spot, and in other spots (I would say, most of the time) you will need to know what is the less unprofitable play so you don't spare money on bad pots. This is why the Tight Aggressive is the optimal strategy in most cases, cause it's not that complicated and it's very profitable by the time you are able to extract a lot of chips from the opponents.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everyone,
This is my first thread, I want to join this forum because I want to share my experiences, about poker or gambling. Ok, let me start regarding the title. Poker game that was considered as game of skill is no longer true. Why I can say this? just think about a match of two football teams. They are in the same skill, same level, and so what is the factor that determine the winner? LUCK, yes, luck, either by penalty, or wait until one of the teams got tired and have little focus. This example also valid to poker, when all the players on the table know how to read tells, betting pattern, playing position, know value of cards, then what is the point of having those skills, while others also knew it, it becomes what so called "common knowledge" in game theory. Nowadays, we can see lots of information bout poker everywhere, especially youtube. Books aren't that exclusive anymore, everybody can get "free" information. So nowadays poker almost can be called "gamble". You play poker and you can say that you "gamble". It is like blackjack when you cannot count cards anymore. I agree that there are still lots of fishes out there when you can suck out. But still, you "gamble" to find a fish, if there is any. so, now poker is just a game of luck and chance, you wait until you got the best cards, best flop, best turn, and best river. That is why poker legends are slowly being replaced by young poker players, they cant dominate this poker world anymore.

Most likely Yes, but good luck in it too

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22% of the time it is 65% skill, and 65% luck. The rest of the time you fold, but half of those times it's because you are distracted.....

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22% of the time it is 65% skill, and 65% luck. The rest of the time you fold, but half of those times it's because you are distracted.....
22%???
A large number of players participating in more than 50% hands.. especially in freerolls

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understood. It all depends on how and what you play. Played yesterday in the tournament. I have 10 big blinds. 5 hands in a row I did fold. And I have 1 big blind left. Because the rates grew very fast, every 1.5 minutes, + I was transferred to another table. In high-speed tournaments only luck matters.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a game of luck

At Poker you should not leave everything to chance. If that were the case, professional players would not be able to keep up their pace because as we know, they daily get considerable rewards and hence their full-time dedication.

It is said that in Poker a 20% has to do with luck. But, ¿How can we agree with this statement?

lilcharlierich

lilcharlierich

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I belive that because you have odds, bluffs, and position that plays a factor in the game luck is just about part of the game

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that to achieve great success in poker you need a high level of skill and a finite degree of luck!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that to achieve great success in poker you need a high level of skill and a finite degree of luck!

I will always prefer a high level of luck to go along with my finite degree of skill.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely poker is a game of skill ... in the short term can influence luck, but in the long run will prevail the skill

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is poker a game of luck or a game of skill?

An American judge said that poker is not a game of luck but rather of abilities, well we have those who disagree with it and say that poker is luckier than abilities.
Some of the players still said that the more the game is slow, the more likely it will be to get results! .. Is this correct? And who plays turbo? In this case it's screwed up?
Many say that in SNG tournaments these have a higher probability than other games, that you think of these statements, she proceed?
There are also players who say that we need both things to win,luck and ability ... but what is the real probability from one another ?
We start from these numbers to see how many poker players say they That the statement is correct
* 50/50 60/40 70/30 80/20 In this last one we see that the ability is at 80%, we must consider that they are players with vast experience in poker,
They are correct in making such a statement:confused::confused:

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more skill than luck but luck does play a role in the variance of the game. Over time skill will win over pure luck.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a skill game. But everyone wants to be a bit lucky sometimes, right? :p

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea that the slower the game is the more smart players thrash idiots is very true. Cash games are better than tournaments plain and simple.

Understand the concept that if you see a million hands, you will be able to have good hands more often and bad beats will hit you a minority of times but if you see only one hundred hands, proportionality isn't going to be too clear.

Life is a battle against the odds, we're all going to die with 100% guarantee, everyone we know who we help who we kiss who we refuse to kiss will all die. It was all for nothing but we battle on to find meaning, we battle on to be the champion beast we were born to be. Why? That is the truth; we are all battling hoping we somehow achieve immortality. Never lose your faith but never forget your reason, you are a lucky little fish for being the sperm that hit the egg and didn't miscarry, you are lucky for being alive today for not being run over or killed in other ways.

Understand your fortune, know that fate is a merciless mistress and she will bare you no sympathy if you blame her for your misfortune, just roll with the punches, let your aces get beat by that 46o hand, do not cry do not bat an eyelid say 'gg wp' and battle on. You are not at the poker table to win every hand, you are at the poker table to minimize your losses and maximize your winnings, don't blame fate, you are the one with the hands, you are the one who must utilize aggression and passivity to your advantage.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rational Madman
I fully agree with your statement

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in online poker a lot of luck and of course a little bit of skill,live poker and Vice versa solves a lot of skill

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, without luck you will not last long, but without the skills it's better not to play poker, you can lose the entire bankroll!

H

Haitianengineer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill mostly

I think it's mainly skill but luck plays a factor when you are on the ropes

T

Tidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me in percentages poker is 80% skill and 20% luck. Luck plays a really small role and the skilled players will be winning most of the time, so I think it is a skill game.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a very complicated and interesting game. In my opinion, poker skills make up 70 percent, and luck-30. But sometimes it happens that luck is more important in some, but this is my personal opinion.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The idea that the slower the game is the more smart players thrash idiots is very true. Cash games are better than tournaments plain and simple.

Understand the concept that if you see a million hands, you will be able to have good hands more often and bad beats will hit you a minority of times but if you see only one hundred hands, proportionality isn't going to be too clear.

Life is a battle against the odds, we're all going to die with 100% guarantee, everyone we know who we help who we kiss who we refuse to kiss will all die. It was all for nothing but we battle on to find meaning, we battle on to be the champion beast we were born to be. Why? That is the truth; we are all battling hoping we somehow achieve immortality. Never lose your faith but never forget your reason, you are a lucky little fish for being the sperm that hit the egg and didn't miscarry, you are lucky for being alive today for not being run over or killed in other ways.

Understand your fortune, know that fate is a merciless mistress and she will bare you no sympathy if you blame her for your misfortune, just roll with the punches, let your aces get beat by that 46o hand, do not cry do not bat an eyelid say 'gg wp' and battle on. You are not at the poker table to win every hand, you are at the poker table to minimize your losses and maximize your winnings, don't blame fate, you are the one with the hands, you are the one who must utilize aggression and passivity to your advantage.

They shouldn't call you aspiring member but inspiring!!

All jokes aside though, you're completely right. It sucks when you lose that AA hand vs 64o preflop allin, but those are the guys that make us win money. They won a battle but we will win the war, and that's that.

Thinking of this always helps me get rid of the tilt.

B

Brandom1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO

Honestly when in the larger fields and smaller stakes tournaments luck plays a greater part because the amount of gamblers vs true sportsmans. Its very sad but true. Until you have someone taking the sport of poker serious the fact is that the donks will always call you to the river until they get that ultimate suckout! However when you finally have the nuts and are able to punish them for making retarded calls it does feel great!!

Top 10 Games