I always try to eat healthy food.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, Everyone! In Life everything is relative: what fit one, another is not right quite, and etc...
This applies to any food as well! Therefore, listen to yourself more, that need your body at the moment...
And all will OK! Good Luck Everyone!;)

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure! healthy food will always keep our cognitive ability better. That's scientifically approved, and it works for me too. Also be very hydrated (never with alcohol, of course) will help even more!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Eating well gives you performance in the game and during the game if you eat something light so you will maintain strength and help you to be active and without stress

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m very pregnant now so am eating pretty much everything at the moment, wether I’m playing poker or not lol.

Generally though, I like eating following the intermittent fasting model. It makes it easier to play long sessions because not so much time is devoted to eating. I particularly like a 20/4 (fasting for 20 hours, eating within a 4 hour window) with me preferring to have the eating window after the sessions. That way it’s a lot easier to get a nice long session in!

Also, I prefer to eat keto or at least pretty close to it when not pregnant as I find the energy more sustainable than eating a more traditional “healthy” diet of a higher percentage of carbs.

W

wwwasilewski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I personally don't eat during the game only during breaks hehe and it is usually the first thing from the bank in the fridge

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m very pregnant now so am eating pretty much everything at the moment, wether I’m playing poker or not lol.

Congratulations on your interesting position. Good health to you, good appetite and easy childbirth. :eek:

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tea, coffee, sandwiches, after the second break.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and calamari .....yeah!

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no difference whether I eat before the game or not, this does not affect my game.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone likes to eat. Do you guys notice a difference in your play and mental acuity when you eat healthy before a session versus when you eat whatever you consider to be non healthy?

Lol! i should seiously consider what you just posted. When I am playing poker my diet usually consists of what i can grab from the fridge between hands which doesnt necessarily lend itself to healthy eating. Perhaps I should prepare some food and drink in advance

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never think about eating to much while I am playing. When I use to drink and smoke I felt like they helped me to focus and keep the fun going. But with the food I think eating healthy, like fruit and veggies probably give you a good positive boost of energy. Where the filling fatty foods would make you bloated and feel tired.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol! I just finished eating rice and hamburger meat. It was delicious! there were some veggies in there though, black olives, peppers and onions.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really notice a difference in the types of foods that I eat. I mainly get tried after I eat so it's either breakfast, then afternoon session, or I eat nothing until the session is over.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found out that when I am playing poker I am using my mental brain to concentrate throughout my poker session. It is important to feed the mind by eating before I start my poker session otherwise I will end up losing alot more in poker than usual.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I don't think there's any relation between poker and food, poker requires luck and skill and it's not the food that gives you those requirements.[/COLOR]​

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport. There is no question that what you put in your body is going to have an impact of some sort on the way you play. This is especially important if you're playing professionally and not just for fun.

S

szvinu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Soha nem eszem játék közben, inkább sört iszom :)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me no difference, only how I feel makes a difference in how I play. That being said. what you eat can dictate how you feel. If you are aware of this, then it is wise to watch what you eat prior to playing poker.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't really thought about the relationship between poker and eating. I usually eat while playing. It may not be right, but it is fine.

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think about food during games at all. Another thing - I drink tea during the game. And quite a lot. It seems to me that when I drink tea, I am more calm.
And running to the loo like a maniac? :)

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone likes to eat. Do you guys notice a difference in your play and mental acuity when you eat healthy before a session versus when you eat whatever you consider to be non healthy?

Maybe eating a snack or something lite.. Heavy food requires a lot of energy, you may lost concentration.. and get sleepy ..

F

Fufa86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont eat when I play, only drink ��

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts