Poker and Food

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to eat well before the tournament so that I don’t run around during breaks for food, but if I don’t have time later, during breaks I eat sandwiches or some salads or choose something sweet to satisfy my hunger!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually sandwiches are always made before tournaments
this is enough to maintain strength
but I absorb a lot of coffee per game

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the food has no effect on the game. I usually play no more than 3 hours in a row, so I can easily do without a snack. But sometimes, while playing, I can drink coffee or tea.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a nonsense...I ate healthy food and won the tournament...ha, ha, ha!

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately, I eat fruit or chips during or between games.
I drink water to hydrate the body and keep the mind focused, food and concentration is very important.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The human body receives almost all the necessary substances through food and water. The composition of food and its properties directly affect health, physical development, ability to work, emotional state and overall quality and life expectancy. It is difficult to find another factor that would have such a serious impact on the human body. According to some scientists, physical health is 50% dependent on lifestyle, which includes the nature of human nutrition. Heredity and the state of the environment account for 20%, and only 10% — the level of medical care[1]. All vital functions of the body are connected with nutrition. It is a source of development of tissues and cells, their constant renewal, saturation of a person with energy. Improper nutrition - both excessive and insufficient-can cause significant harm to human health at any age. This is expressed in a decrease in the level of physical and mental development, fatigue, inability to resist the effects of adverse environmental factors, reduced performance and even premature aging and reduced life expectancy.

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't eat at all before tournament and playing it

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play worse when i am hungry. If i am not hungry it does not matter too much what exactly i am eating. :)

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I simply get up and get something to eat when I get hungry. No rush. Thereafter I go on again as normal. Thatl be my break too.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
As long as I am not hungry, it makes no difference.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournaments are obligatory for 6 hours !!!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought about it. Have a set eating schedule, so not sure it matters much for me.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone likes to eat. Do you guys notice a difference in your play and mental acuity when you eat healthy before a session versus when you eat whatever you consider to be non healthy?

Actually when I'm winning it makes me forget about eating, so that whenever I am on a heater, I do not require food.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
very good question about eating before a poker session in my opinion is to eat something healthy full of vitamins before a session since those vitamins help to maintain a good concentration during the game and more if it is a tournament since one has to also keep in mind that this tournament can last several hours there is good to accompany it with fruit juices to keep the mind lucid, well that's my opinion about your question.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Undoubtedly, good nutrition positively influences your game play, with your healthier body your mind will be more focused on your game.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you need to feel OK when you are playing a serious games. For example, i don,t think, that this is a good idea to play serious games just after you have a dinner. You need to focus on the game and it,s really hard to make it just after the dinner.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it makes no difference to me whether I eat healthy food before eating or not, if I drink alcohol before the game, then there is a difference, I start playing poker more aggressively:)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to eat while I play, unless the appetite is too much, I wait for rest and prepare something light like a sandwich or something, otherwise, I think that the idea of ​​a relaxing tea is also good, but for example drink energy drinks or foods high in fat I think that could make your game and your reasoning in making decisions worse.

J

jorge tinga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually eat 1 hour before the session, during the session I drink water and eat fruit, a sandwich if I am very hungry

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an emotional eater so I eat I lot then I play :D especially if It's expensive buyin, then I can eat as much as I weigh :D

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have fun, especially good to eat, but food has nothing to do with poker, unless you have indigestion after another consumption of fatty foods or fast food, then you should play poker not under the pressure of the toilet

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1000% on the healthy eating for better performance at the poker tables and in all areas of your life. As a poker pro, this is something that I take very seriously.

I have all my meals delivered, ordered mostly through health food delivery services or healthy food options on Apps like FoodPanda here in Asia.

Although I should mention that I almost always play poker during the early morning hours here in Asia in order to play versus North America and Euro fishies during their evening hours. Since I have practiced intermittent fasting for years in the morning, when I play poker I am just sipping black coffee.

Last edited:
G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to eat to feel good, so if you hungry - than go and eat something :D

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I can see the differences. After unhealthy food is often diarrhea you have to run to the toilet every 5 minutes. It's frustrating. When I play, I always drink green tea and it's okay :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can have a bite if the game lasts more than 3 hours. I don’t see a difference what to eat before the game. Well, maybe drink less liquid.