Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Fatigue and poker ..... they are definitely two things that do not go together ... it will never be good to play poker while fatigued ... so in my personal case ... I have a game schedule that I allows you to be rested and with good energy to play ...!

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealing with fatigue and reluctance to play is one of the advantages I believe cash games have over tournaments. If I'm playing cash, and I'm fatigued, I generally stop playing. Rarely have I looked back and found it was a good idea that I didn't stop playing while I was tired. And for reluctance to play, pretty much the same. If I'm reluctant to play, I don't.

For tournaments, it's obviously a different situation, since you pretty much can't just stop playing when you want to. I just try my best to begin a tournament well rested, well fed, and well hydrated. And if I find myself physically fatigued, I try to address any of those issues with food, or beverage. If mentally fatigued, I just do my best to stay focused and try to only concentrate on what I deem to be important. And on breaks, I just try to relax as much as I can, and if possible, try to enjoy some peace and quiet somewhere away from the game.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Break for sure!

They are awesome for my motivation and mental fatigue of playing. i like to walk, talk with another ppl at least few words, eat something (i have eaten a tuna sandwich few mins ago before starting two tourneys).

I used to play CSGO, just one match makes me feel like i wasnt doing something productive, and my desire to play comes back.

Generally, short breaks are very usefull, when i have not used all my day in play poker, my motivation and desire to play comes back so quick!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I experience fatigue sometimes, but after taking a break and smoking a couple of cigarettes I am good again and can play a long tourney.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yip I usually play when I'm to tired which I know that not right so I play music off the internet

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am playing in several rooms during the day, and when the fatigue arrives, I stop playing and go running.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Fitness helps me and don't smoke cigarettes.
Maybe I would smoke cannabis if it was legal here. It's legal in canada and most US states as far as I know. How does it help if you tried, people?

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break from playing. I have a rest with the help of books, I really like to read. A walk in the fresh air, leaving the city, where there is no city noise, also helps.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read through this thread and can't add much other than thank you for starting this.
It was nice to see other members here giving some solid advice and their own strategies.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealing with simple fatigue, we exchange a couple of hours for activities that we like ... walking, watching a movie, going for a run, resisting various situations and already relaxed, decide, personally I am dealing with a negative dancing that seems endless, solution to put more study and play hours ... so I try to save my stress ,,, but we have advice in this thread so excellent to spare ... that we do not forget one day, do not stop at another, life continues ...

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yea,I fall asleep all the time playing in tournaments because I use sleep time to play and work to sleep. Its a weird situation when people catch me like the BOSS every now and then. Good luck and good rest is key.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fatigue

playing to long makes you screw up.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hate playing on Americas Cardroom because I have to play on my tablet. I usually am lucky to play a game more than once a week because I am too tired to turn on the tablet, go to Americas Cardroom, and register for the tourney.

My phone allows me to play tourneys at BetOnline, Sportsbetting and the most recent intertops. I will play tired at those sites because the phone is already on. Oh, and the phone does not get damaged as badly if I drop it while tired vs. dropping a tablet that is without a protective case.

C

chrismacan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right now I am in learning mode. So I play too much, even when fatigued
I do play worse when tired

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will rest and play again tomorrow

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that it is terrible to want to play when we are tired, because we will not be able to make the best decisions when we are tired, either physically or mentally.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here in Nova Scotia we are back under lockdown and I have been playing a lot more, and yes fatigue sets in sometimes.. I take breaks, go for food.. Vodka and 420 goes a long way too ;)

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
or you could just play when you are too tired, take a few bad beats, go on tilt and lose even more like i usually do.... but i don't recommend it

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rest for a couple of days just don't play at all

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When tired it is better not to play poker. Better sleep before the game. Or spend a good vacation in nature, for example.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you often get tired of playing long tournaments, but I try to watch a movie

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s hard to deal with

You always want to come into your session well rested but I feel like you can condition yourself playing 12+ hours every day something like that. Also eating lean protein and drinking any type of citrus helps me with my energy, sugar also because I’m hypoglycemic.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I get bored of the game and I stop playing for some time.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are tired and upset, do not start the game, try to spend time in some other way. A tired player is a sure way to waste money.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just go to bed, knowing that tired I will only make risky and losing decisions, so a good night's sleep will refresh my thinking.